Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4.0 software

Quote Originally Posted by RTDynaflow
    So, would you flash someone mag to 4.2 for a fee? If you would rather not answer this thats fine. Just curious how some of these people have the 4.0 stuff...

if this was answered previously forgive me
    Nope... sorry.

Wow i never thought that my thread would go this far. Well ill give you a cookie for effort Z-man, but no choclate chips. Miscue congrats on your finishing your software, i still love my 4.0 to bad we cant get a version of it. I was also wondering, miscue, if you changed the voltages controlling the selonid in 4.00, i had some issues with my selonoid resetting, fixed it with an on/off pin adjustment, cus of the Micro E mag, wondering just to know if I did not have my on off pin adjustment correct in the first place or if it wasant pulling the plunger as forcefully.

Thanks,

Flossabizle

• Gold PTP E-mag micro 1 of 24 +/- w/Pewter X-valve
    • E-valved micromag
    • Warped Sportz Lucky Kit
    • Flatline 68/3000
    • Oh yea don't forget 4.0
    • 2K4 A-bomb
    • Function Trigger and Bolt,Hybrid LPR, Volumizer, Ram and barbs

Quote Originally Posted by Flossabe
    Wow i never thought that my thread would go this far. Well ill give you a cookie for effort Z-man, but no choclate chips. Miscue congrats on your finishing your software, i still love my 4.0 to bad we cant get a version of it. I was also wondering, miscue, if you changed the voltages controlling the selonid in 4.00, i had some issues with my selonoid resetting, fixed it with an on/off pin adjustment, cus of the Micro E mag, wondering just to know if I did not have my on off pin adjustment correct in the first place or if it wasant pulling the plunger as forcefully.

Thanks,

Flossabizle
    Well, it's pretty much on or off - and the voltage can't really be changed. I suppose it could be pulse modulated so that the average voltage given an amount of time is lower - but the software does not do that.

Thanks... I'd really like it if everyone who wants it could get it, honestly... especially now that I 'believe' the safety issues have been cured, or at least I've been unable to duplicate them - and I've tried. I really want to believe I've fixed it - which would make me happy, but I'm also careful and skeptical - and testing with numerous markers has not been done. I do know for sure that 4.20 is at the least, very effective at addressing the problem. I kinda would like AGD to consider releasing it (particularly when it was written by request in the first place) if it can be independently verified as a 100% solution. *Hint* Bug TK about it... hehe. */hint*

I love my 4.0. Not sure what BlackVCG did but he removed all signs of f/a. Even w/o air or in Hybrid I can't get it to shoot more then a single shot. I do wish I could change my boot up message but it adds that ultimate customization.
    Sorry, I'm old

Quote Originally Posted by RoadDawg
    I love my 4.0. Not sure what BlackVCG did but he removed all signs of f/a. Even w/o air or in Hybrid I can't get it to shoot more then a single shot. I do wish I could change my boot up message but it adds that ultimate customization.
    Hehe, I like that boot screen too - It's the FIRST thing I worked on besides a very primitive semi-auto and full-auto just for giggles. People were posting that 3.2 maxed out the chip's memory, and a full alphanumeric character set could not be done. I wanted to blow that out of the water, and got the full alphabet, room for a whole sentence to scroll through (both collectively use up about 25% of the program space), match 3.0's features minus the bugs - and it was still smaller than 3.0, I could probably have it cite a short poem, and still be smaller... really. But I needed that extra space to put in the extra stuff in 4.x, that 3.x does not have.
    Last edited by Miscue; 09-14-2004 at 11:56 PM.

Had you worked with the Atmel chips before, Miscue?

I lost my damn allen wrenches. I was going to play around a bit last night. ;/

Quote Originally Posted by sig11
    Had you worked with the Atmel chips before, Miscue?

I lost my damn allen wrenches. I was going to play around a bit last night. ;/
    No - x86/PPC/Alpha ASM is what I did a little of before... it didn't take much time to learn the Atmel, it's pretty easy to use.

If some of you are curious - I could be tempted to post an overview of what assembly is, how it works, and some basics... maybe show you MIPS or something... or the Atmel I suppose. It's not particularly hard, but there is a learning curve.
    Last edited by Miscue; 09-15-2004 at 11:57 AM.

If some of you are curious - I could be tempted to post an overview of what assembly is, how it works, and some basics...
    I'd be interested if it wasn't too much work for you.

Well they are not the most impressive of my videos but they do illustrate the basic idea of 4.0. Sorry guys I did all this with my debounce at 10 so no perfect strings of 20+ . Still I think it's descriptive eh?

Part 1 (11MB and about 50 sec long)

Part 2 (18MB about 1min 30 sec)

Awesome videos
    Must you use quicktime? I just spent 1 1/2 hrs downloading a 30 second video... Haven't we come up with better ways to transfer files? Quicktime

Love the site and the videos. Wish I had broadband...

EDIT: Ahh, sprinklers...
    Last edited by RTDynaflow; 09-18-2004 at 01:24 AM.

How bout it TK, officially release 4.2 PLEASE.

As a new owner of an X-mag it is great to know that there is still work being done on the software for these amazing markers. TK, I want my 4.2 :-) If miscue feels confident about this, you should stand behind him and support his hard work and let us, the valued loyal AGD owners reap the benefits of said hard work. Thanks, and please consider this request. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NoLoveInFear
    As a new owner of an X-mag it is great to know that there is still work being done on the software for these amazing markers. TK, I want my 4.2 :-) If miscue feels confident about this, you should stand behind him and support his hard work and let us, the valued loyal AGD owners reap the benefits of said hard work. Thanks, and please consider this request. Thanks.
    I am with you; however, I would not count on it. AGD made their money off the sell of these markers and although they have great customer service they have nothing to gain financially by supporting future development of their products.

What I do see third party programmers developing code and selling it.

MISCUE,

The crazy part of all this is that I am actually learning all about exactly what you are doing in one of my engineering classes. The simple fact that I actually understand what the hell you are talking about makes me want to slap myself up upside the head and call myself a nerd!

Then again... perhaps maybe I should pay attention a little more (or just start going to that class again) so I can start screwing with these boards. I have been hooked on the XMag since I bought my first, I have plenty of time
    Black-to-Red Fade Dust CNC X-Mag VV04947

Quote Originally Posted by eadtf
    I am with you; however, I would not count on it. AGD made their money off the sell of these markers and although they have great customer service they have nothing to gain financially by supporting future development of their products.

What I do see third party programmers developing code and selling it.
    It would not surprise me either way.

There's a couple other people who've made their own software, actually. But I don't think anyone really knows about it. And, it seems they are keeping it to themselves.

Unfortunately, it's going to take someone other than me to get you new stuff - I cannot release anything.

The other option is to get a different gun with better software than what's available for the EMag.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring
    You know that burst modes and full auto modes aren't allowed in scenarios nor in regular play.
    That depends on where you play I'd assume. Every scenario I've been to has allowed bot burst and full auto.

FragTek Customs - Cyborg Owners Group
    AO Feedback - PBN Feedback
    "AGD is good because 2/3 of their name is AGG " - DiRtY HiPpY

Cool Whaaaaaaaa!

Lots of energy has been devoted to the idea of changing software, codes, and the such...

How 'bout ya just install a morlock - mini morlock - predator board for about $100 and you can have FA, Burst, Turbo (3 shots for every 2 pulls), semi, and anything in between!

Just a thought!
    I woudn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac!
    Gravity- It's not just a good idea, it's the LAW!

ULE Karta E-mag, X-valve, Morlock Board, Freak kit

Angel Speed 05, Freak Kit, Nitro Duck X-Stream Tank

Really

UMMMM can you say Safety, Liability, Law suits, ASTM Safety standards.
    Who Puts up bullit proof wall till the smoke clears? Guess why.

Now ask yourself why AGD doesnt do what everybody else does. He dont like to follow the heard. Its like CYA mode.

MISCUE-

I actually have an idea for you, if you are going to continue to mess with the software.

Why not replace the trgger-test mode with a chrono mode? Meaning, instead of having the code activate the "on/off" on the LCD, it turns On/Off the soliod, and HOLDS it on/off as to what the trigger is doing. In this mode, it would be possible to chrono the marker without the trigger rod in place, as it would function exactly like mechanical...just no bounce.

Perhaps maybe revise 3.2 with ONLY this change, and make it 3.3 or something and release it...? at least then there is no F/A liability as you never touched any of that...

Quote Originally Posted by VR4SL
    MISCUE-

I actually have an idea for you, if you are going to continue to mess with the software.

Why not replace the trgger-test mode with a chrono mode? Meaning, instead of having the code activate the "on/off" on the LCD, it turns On/Off the soliod, and HOLDS it on/off as to what the trigger is doing. In this mode, it would be possible to chrono the marker without the trigger rod in place, as it would function exactly like mechanical...just no bounce.

Perhaps maybe revise 3.2 with ONLY this change, and make it 3.3 or something and release it...? at least then there is no F/A liability as you never touched any of that...
    RT Chrono mode was one of the first things I thought about trying. It seemed like a good idea at first, but then I started to ask myself... why?

As for technical reasons... if the solenoid is on for even a second or so - it heats up really bad and can start melting stuff. It's pretty much out of the question.

Well, if there was something that could have been 3.3 - it would have been my original Q1.1 software. The timing was bad though, I had it done about the same time as 3.2 was getting out. There would have been a lot of pissed of people if they just flashed to 3.2 - and something new was out just days later. The other part is, AGD had just invested in 3.2 - and they basically would have thrown away all that money by adopting a replacement so soon. What's kind of unfortunate - is all that was needed was a simple "Can anyone write this?" and I could have had a prototype in a bit over a week - and maybe 3.2 would not even exist. You could have had a BPS meter, scrolling text, warp priming when ACE fails to see ball, and a shot counter that works correctly. Oh well.

so whats stopping that now?????

hmmm, the rapid heating of the solenoid crossed my mind, but I didnt think it would be that large of a problem. How about something that would allow you to hold the trigger, and ir fires, holds for .5 sec or so, and then releases and fires a normal shot in rapid succession?

The need for a better way to chrono remains a fairly big deal, as it is a PITA.

Me too!

Miscue,

I'm interested in helping you beta test that software.

Quote Originally Posted by eadtf

Want to test 4.20 on my marker?

hmmm, the rapid heating of the solenoid crossed my mind, but I didnt think it would be that large of a problem. How about something that would allow you to hold the trigger, and ir fires, holds for .5 sec or so, and then releases and fires a normal shot in rapid succession?

The need for a better way to chrono remains a fairly big deal, as it is a PITA.
    Thought about that too - but that is full-auto. And really, you don't need an electronic chrono mode.

Don't need beta testers... sorry. Testing is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscue
    Thought about that too - but that is full-auto. And really, you don't need an electronic chrono mode.

Not full-auto, 2-shot burst at best, and SLOW, no more than 2 BPS... no way any tournys would care, it is far too slow to even be useful. Could always make it lockable with a board jumper...

Why would you say there is no need for an electronic chrono mode? Some tournys request the trigger rod is removed for play.... kind of hard to chrono without that- isnt it? an electronic mode would eliminate the hassle of installing the rod JUST to chrono.

So if the testing is done I can only assume that the software is good to go and you fixxed the 4.1 glitches. So what is it going to take for me to get my marker flashed? Must all E / X - Mag owners appeal to AGD? If so, let me know and I will begin the campaign.

quick question

Miscue, Sorry if you awnsered this question already but, how would I go about flashing new software onto the emag? after reading this, and realizing that my Computer Architecture class was helpful, I have been really excited about trying to write some new software for the emag.

THanks for the help,

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by my2crazyeyes
    Miscue, Sorry if you awnsered this question already but, how would I go about flashing new software onto the emag? after reading this, and realizing that my Computer Architecture class was helpful, I have been really excited about trying to write some new software for the emag.

THanks for the help,

-Chris
    Check your PM.

Computer Architecture eh? That's the class I was taking when I broke my leg. Rolled up in a wheel chair, and took my final doped up on pain killers.

Not full-auto, 2-shot burst at best, and SLOW, no more than 2 BPS... no way any tournys would care, it is far too slow to even be useful. Could always make it lockable with a board jumper...

Why would you say there is no need for an electronic chrono mode? Some tournys request the trigger rod is removed for play.... kind of hard to chrono without that- isnt it? an electronic mode would eliminate the hassle of installing the rod JUST to chrono.
    No way. There are potential safety hazards with that, if you think about it. It's not just about what the league's "care about."

No way. There are potential safety hazards with that, if you think about it. It's not just about what the league's "care about."

You and I are certainly on different pages with this topic. How can there POSSIBLY be a safety issue with this??? it cant do anything more than you can do by yourself- in fact much less. its not like then gun will shoot itself, you would have to Pull and hold the trigger for over 1 sec just for it to complete to two chrono shots. It is not like rapid firing this mode will accomplish anything out of the ordinary, or the gun will shoot itself, etc. I am very curious to see why you think there is a safety issue with this, I just cant figure out where you are coming from.