Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a New Automag Body Design... Winner Will Recieve their Own Custom Body

Dude, ScottV. Damn man. Jpeg them pics.
    2 megs a pic is alittle much.
    TravisKuykendall

:Current Projects:
    body design

desktop wallpaper

OMG HITECH how did i miss that!!!!!!11 wow thats pretty much what i was going for with my desighn...i swear ive never seen that no would i copy nicad il keep draawing but i about giveup cant outdo the masta

Willystyle your design looks similar to mine...

I give up. Does anybody have any idea if the intelliframe or ULE body will EVER come down in price? I love AGD but I just can't afford their parts

holy long hours of programming batman

i really like the stealth one though...somewhat simple, and looks really good
    Kotsiopoulos eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicMagger
    Hey:

Well, I have come to the conclusion, that I have no creativity and/or design. So I am calling upon you AO, to come up for me a new body/rail combination for my automag(s).

What I am looking for. Is a sketch, drawing, photoshop, or CAD file that can be made into an Automag Body. I would like to see them posted on here, so that I may pick a winner.

When/if you do decide to post, you are allowing me and the AO public to use whatever design you post, and the right to take that design and produce it and/or sell it. So, please if you would not like the design to be used by others or me, do not post.

ONLY qualifications are that it uses an AGD Sluggo body, is fitted onto a RT Pro or E-Mag Rail, and can be made and work with an AGD gun.

Winner of this contest will recieve their own design made out into a body/rail combination. That means free machining of your design.

Let the designing begin.

-ClassicMagger
    Couple of questions..

First - When does the contest end?

Second - I am new to mags (just got a MM a little while ago), but would that RTPro body work with a classic frame and such? Just want to make sure that if mine where to win I could still use it

Also, because I am new to every thing, is there any chance that some one could or would post some specs for a body so that I can measure things out to ensure that the proportions look correct on my drawing?

Last, even if I dont win and you like the design, any chance we can sit down and chat about getting some made from it? I would be willing to pay to get them milled as long as they are made for a limited run.

Just some idea's and questions

Jason - Captain of Team VEXED - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Team Sponsor - Pioneer Chrysler Jeep in Wetaskiwin
    Position: Back Player
    Minimag
    J&J 14" Ceramic Barrel Or Freak Kit with JT Boom Box Case
    Level 10 Anit-chop bolt & Level 7 Valve
    Red Gas Through Grip
    Rogue 15* ASA
    Rogue Snatch Grip
    Marksman Dropforward/Shoulder stock
    134/3000 AIR!!! LOOK OUT, Enough to SHOOT A CASE! LOL!

Maybe Not so Soon, But coming! :
    ULE body or Custom Scorpion Body

***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***UP DATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***

The Contest will END on 10-04-2004, 04:01 PM Eastern Time according to the AO clock. If an entree is recieved any later than 10-04-2004, 04:01 your entree will not be accepted.

***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***UP DATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***
    Want a gun? I probably have what you want or I can build it for you. Just name it, everything is possible.

AIM: ClassicMagger
    MSN Messenger: ClassicMagger@hotmail.com
    E-Mail: ClassicMagger@hotmail.com

My Feedback

Hey:

Everyone:

Entrees are looking good. Please keep them coming. I'd like to see some pretty off the wall stuff and X-Mag body designs etc. Keep it simple if you like, jazz it up. There may be a couple winners if this goes as well as I am hoping, lets get this thing going like a real competion.

Battlewear:

1. I just decided that the contest will be ending on 10-04-2004, at 4:01 Eastern Time according to the AO Clock.

2. Yes, if you have a standard minimag an RT Pro body and rail set-up would fit your gun.

3. For PERFECT dimensions etc. please go into the Technical forum and search Sluggo. Actually I'll do that now and post up a link.

4. Battlewear- I myself am not a machinist, but if you would like to do a run of Automag bodies, I will gladly point you in the direction of who I am using or another machinist who can do what you like.

Thanks everyone again,

-ClassicMagger

Hey:

Sorry for so many posts in a row.

BOTH Sluggo Dimensions:

1. https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ghlight=Sluggo

2. https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ghlight=Sluggo

Thanks again everyone,

-ClassicMager

after doing some more research and getting ahold of colin i got ahold of this BETTER/BEST stealth body yet in my opinion i cant outdue thise one. i do agree the other one had TOO many angles but this one is about perfect and a half. I gues there would be no reason that he couldnt do them himself but he said he didnt really have an interest since hes so busy with "other" projects.well here it is

--edit hers the original thread if anyone is interested https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...hlight=stealth

--sry one more edit i think the rail could use some work as well

Hey:

Everyone:

Entrees are looking good. Please keep them coming. I'd like to see some pretty off the wall stuff and X-Mag body designs etc. Keep it simple if you like, jazz it up. There may be a couple winners if this goes as well as I am hoping, lets get this thing going like a real competion.

Battlewear:

1. I just decided that the contest will be ending on 10-04-2004, at 4:01 Eastern Time according to the AO Clock.
    SWEET! Ok, I am very happy. I am working on about 4 designs right now and hope to have something fleshed out in the next couple of weeks. I am attempting to sit down with a friend of mine so that he can run them through some CAD software and create some cad movies of the items and will post links to the movies (if possible) so that people will get the full effect of what I am trying to do.

2. Yes, if you have a standard minimag an RT Pro body and rail set-up would fit your gun.

3. For PERFECT dimensions etc. please go into the Technical forum and search Sluggo. Actually I'll do that now and post up a link.

4. Battlewear- I myself am not a machinist, but if you would like to do a run of Automag bodies, I will gladly point you in the direction of who I am using or another machinist who can do what you like.

Thanks everyone again,

-ClassicMagger
    Great stuff, happy to hear that I will be able to use the body

I will check out that link for the Sluggo body.

I have a bunch of designs that I really like, to the point I think a lot of people would want some.. I dont know if they would be as big as the Karta or Dallara but hey, its worth the shot

I had emailed NICAD a while ago to see if he would be interested in doing this but I would be doing it privately with him but I never heard back.. I know he is incredibly busy so he may of just brushed it off as another person wanting to do something

SWEETNESS!

New design

Another. Contrary to what most of you seem to like I love simplicity and would like to see ADG come out with a SIMPLE body thats not so cluttered

I would love to see the use of JPEG formats instead of BMP's, which take for-friggin-evar to load...

i agrre im on dsl and it takes a few seonconds

NO MORE 2 MEG FILESNO MORE 2 MEG FILESNO MORE 2 MEG FILESNO MORE 2 MEG FILESNO MORE 2 MEG FILESNO MORE 2 MEG FILESNO MORE 2 MEG FILESNO MORE 2 MEG FILESNO MORE 2 MEG FILESNO MORE 2 MEG FILESNO MORE 2 MEG FILESNO MORE 2 MEG FILESNO MORE 2 MEG FILES

and..

NO MORE 2 MEG FILES

ClassicMagger which slug bodies do you have?

Sorry this isnt a sketch, drawing, photoshop, or CAD file but im not a very good artist.

Im going to try to come up with a few more before the deadline.

Heres a slightly different version of the Carbon 0 body. Clean, simple (lookin anyway, not sure on milling). I going for the less is more/sleeper milling. hope you like it!

...ever in the continual search of time dilation.

Emag 4.0 "I love the way you turn me on"

Adrenaline_Junkie Guest
    No offense Carbon but i dont think a less detailed version of a dallara body is gonna cut it lol. Your design is kinda plain and looks almost like a dallara which doesnt make it stand out and stuff.

No offense Carbon but i dont think a less detailed version of a dallara body is gonna cut it lol. Your design is kinda plain and looks almost like a dallara which doesnt make it stand out and stuff.
    None taken bro.

Exactly, the look tha i was going for. I pretty positive once its milled out is will look pretty cool.

and the shape is distinctively different from the dallara. there are fewer lines on this one. if anything iw as goin for a more mellow X mag look
    Last edited by Carbon; 09-10-2004 at 07:35 PM.

Although ClassicMagger has not said it out loud, The winning design will be the one that looks the closest to a 1911 .45 ACP...prefferably Springfield Armory. A Desert Eagle would also, well...ROCK.
    Also, A body that looks like a bottle of Sierra Neveda Pale Ale would probably also win.

Good Luck,
    Brent.
    I don't practice anymore: I'm just good in a natural, vicious sort of way.

Will you please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyeballs?

Adrenaline_Junkie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    None taken bro.

Exactly, the look tha i was going for. I pretty positive once its milled out is will look pretty cool.

and the shape is distinctively different from the dallara. there are fewer lines on this one. if anything iw as goin for a more mellow X mag look
    Thanks for understanding and stuff. Im glad your not one of those guys on forums who gets all pissy about stuff people say. I wasnt trying to diss your design or anything at all. I think it could look great with a lil more detail and stuff. Keep up the good work man, just a few minor changes and that design could be a major winner.

First picture of my design working on it should be completely done soon ill try to do a 3d view of it after i finish working on it

here we go

tango style

Bored at work

Well I was sitting around at work... not feeling like working so I decided to draw. Kinda messy but I kinda like the last one.

1&2

Sorry for the huge pics.

okay i really need to brush up on my autocad skills does drawing where made with the slug drawing they aren't looking that nice but for now if anyone can help me by telling how do i make the drawing 3d in autocad 2004 it would be good cuz i don't remember how to

vote for me
    do it for the dog =D

otherwise...............................

haha nice dog tango!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_Junkie
    My mag is the adrenimag ! NO one can take that name. It will have to be called the adrenaline mag body or something, adrenimag is mine! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_Junkie
    Scott, try doing a body with adrenaline milling. .

I WILL CLAIM THE Adreni-mag design. i have posted first and i shall get it first. i am sorry i had posted first.

as for a few more designs..

Whipped these up with Rhino 3D... I'm not that good at it yet as you can tell, but oh well.

Wakka wakka wakka...

Adrenaline_Junkie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amoeba
    I WILL CLAIM THE Adreni-mag design. i have posted first and i shall get it first. i am sorry i had posted first.
    Actually i stated in my sig that my mag was the adrenimag long before this thread was even made. I WIN! lol