Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Agg Mag (mQ-Valve)

Quote Originally Posted by wantamag
    rogue, stop bothering people with irrelevant questions. the mag is looking Sweet man! pretty much what i expected. cant wait til its out....hopefully soon...

btw nice shirt

--edit can u take "agg" out of the name ?

I was wondering the same thing rogue was and I am glad he asked. Anyway, the new design looks close to what a mag looks like. I suppose a video will show exactly how different they really are.

Remember, reading is fun.

They used mag parts because they were readily available, instead of fabricating a new body right away. This is, as he posted (As I READ ), an Alpha Proto.

I'm full of mixed emotions. Its great, but, may prove to be competition for the hAir trigger; people like what they are used to, so its possible E-Cocker conversions (People, not guns) may run the other way...

Unicorns are people too ...
    Old Narhwals are people too ...
    Grizzly Bears are people too ...
    Caterpillars are people too ...
    Baby Peacocks are people too ...
    lew "My hand was a little shaky and I released too soon."

The question is why? You don't need the big battery any more. And since we don't need the sear assembly, you don't need the plunger assembly. A hyperframe would do well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lessthanusual
    Would you be able to use a e-mag trigger frame with that mq-valve?

Less.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_Junkie
    At fist loom i was like SWEET! but after reading and stuff it said it doesnt use a mag valve and pretty much anything else that makes a mag a mag beside the body and rail. Its a sweet idea but its just not a mag.
    You're right. I'm not even sure whether we should call it an "upgrade" or a "modification" (I'm open to any other suggestions). My thoughts are that it may be an impetus to many younger players out there to start off with a Mag because of this mechanical attributes and have an electronic option for them to look forward to in the future.
    /s/ Mel C. Maravilla
    PBX Battlezone
    PBX Paintball Station Inc.
    PBX Ballistix Lab
    PBX@NYC Paintball

Quote Originally Posted by Lessthanusual
    Would you be able to use a e-mag trigger frame with that mq-valve?
    I'm sure it co9uld be configured to do so. It's just a matter of changing wiring connections.

But it's more intended for people going from a mech Mag to an electronic option.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialBlend2786
    Thats awesome! It would be even more so if you could get the Eblades eyes to work witht he mag
    It'd be uber AGG if you could rig up some breakbeams... The E-Blade eye is junk to the 10th power.

FragTek Customs - Cyborg Owners Group
    AO Feedback - PBN Feedback
    "AGD is good because 2/3 of their name is AGG " - DiRtY HiPpY

Don't worry, PBX will be coming out with a lot of pleasant surprises in the near future. I'm hopeful though that we can positively impact those who have helped us in the past with whatever it is that we do in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PBX Ronin 23
    Don't worry, PBX will be coming out with a lot of pleasant surprises in the near future. I'm hopeful though that we can positively impact those who have helped us in the past with whatever it is that we do in the future.
    The Village loves you. Is the Cp reg required for this? In the past, all secondary regs have just decreased flow, and were not good for the valve's operation. But now I see a CP reg, and I'm think another reg may be needed. Is this true? I know it's only the Alpha stage, so I dont think you know this all yet.

Oh yea, I'm guessing you would use your frame( or of similar design) that you use on your cockers?

Andrew
    Hey, look at that! It's Santa!

It is better then a mag...
    click here for feedback
    Fear the Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by WenULiVeUdiE
    The Village loves you. Is the Cp reg required for this? In the past, all secondary regs have just decreased flow, and were not good for the valve's operation. But now I see a CP reg, and I'm think another reg may be needed. Is this true? I know it's only the Alpha stage, so I dont think you know this all yet.

Oh yea, I'm guessing you would use your frame( or of similar design) that you use on your cockers?
    Thanks for your very kind words Andrew. For this particular proto, the in-line was needed but variations of the mQ-Valves will have different air input requirements. We don't necessarily need an in-line reg. It all depends on which model........

We've obviously leaned towards the Timmy style trigger in our Cocker E-Kits because it gave the end users more ergonomic choices with the myriad of after-market Timmy triggers available. Plus it was the trigger of choice in our surveys.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinpunk555
    It is better then a mag...
    This depends on your perspective, I guess. But only time can tell.
    Last edited by PBX Ronin 23; 09-11-2004 at 07:56 AM.

Any word on efficiency ... IE- in^3*LB used per shot? Input pressure @ FPS (how deep into the tank can it go).

Thanks-
    Colin
    ColinMoritz

Chord, Chord V2, Dallara, Karta, current project: (coming soon)

Quote Originally Posted by nicad
    Any word on efficiency ... IE- in^3*LB used per shot? Input pressure @ FPS (how deep into the tank can it go).

Thanks-
    Colin
    I may not be the best person to respond to this query if you're looking for mathematical equations but I'll try my best.

At the current moment we're using a Level 7 bolt with a short (stock) spring. We recognized the fact that we can certainly go to a lighter bolt and spring combo and still get the requisite return speed to cycle the gun at high speeds.

We can control the dwell time to 0.25ms which would give us a great deal of tuneability to find the perfect spot.

I was trying to find a post made by mquinn96 in our PBX Cocker thread in PBN that goes to answer this same exact question on a more technical footing.

At the very least it should match or surpass the Level 7's efficiency numbers.

BTW, in a totally tangential direction, this valve would look awesome with one of your bodies. I certainly wouldn't mind putting one together for myself Colin.....(hint)
    Last edited by PBX Ronin 23; 09-11-2004 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wantamag
    rogue, stop bothering people with irrelevant questions.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueFactor
    Hopefully you were kidding. Dayspring suggested I post these questions.
    Theres always Hope, but I didnt think he was. He cant spell irrelavant so he might not know
    what it means.

Any way good relevant questions, now I dont have to ask some of them. Thanks for the answers to

Wonderful idea, mag or no. Face it, when looking for compact (read single tube) markers, theres not a whole lot out there. This is a great idea, would love to see the final variant
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Everyone should feel free to ask any questions that's pertinent to the thread subject. We'll try to answer them as much as we can unless business and legal issues will preclude us from doing so.

hehehe just throw a sammi trigger on that beast and.....WOOOOOOWWW

If we're going to do it, our frame would incorporate a Timmy style trigger.

Sweet, timmy triggers are my favorite. This gun looks to be promising good things. Any vids?

www.TeamNever.com

do you have a website with all of your upgrades/mods? and also, i was thinking that it would be nice if you made a slug style valve that could be milled by colin along with the slug body to match the karta or dalara body.

*edit* oh yeah, and will this have any mechanical anti-chop features?
    xvalve, ule body, logic vert frame, WWA barrel
    68/30 PE nitro tank
    cp unimount
    halo B

We do not yet have video. We will continue tuning this gun over the next several weeks. The air efficiency runs similar to that of a level 7 mag since we are using a level 7 bolt and equivalent power tube. We just got a super bolt and might or might not make our own delrin bolt. Since there is no sear we can make the bolt without the steel rim, lighten it a whole lot and throw on a *much* lighter return spring. Once it is running more like a sweet sweet x-mag we will be willing to show it off. For those who have seen the PBX cocker you know where we want to bring a marker before we call it complete.
    Michael Quinn
    PBX Armored Saints

ok biggest question i have and ive seen it asked 3 times so far and never get answered....when is this comeing out/is there a preorder list?

other then that get some beem breaks and wow....awsome gun....

aim-sok845

The website with all the mQ-Valve info is being worked on. (Being away from the computer it's being stored on is slowing the process.) Once it is finished with all the pertinent information, I'll post the URL. Until then, watch this thread or the ones in PBNation's Electronic Cocker section.

Think of this as a concept car. We now know we can do it. So no real steps toward a production run of them is in the works yet. The PBX cocker (in all its incarnations) is our first priority.

Quote Originally Posted by danoxide
    ok biggest question i have and ive seen it asked 3 times so far and never get answered....when is this comeing out/is there a preorder list?

other then that get some beem breaks and wow....awsome gun....

Adrenaline_Junkie Guest
    Everything looks great so far. I noticed ya said your gonna prob use timmy frames if ya put it into production, that is an awesome idea. Although i thought this was kinda an odd idea at forst i kinda like it now. The biggest question i have is what are ya gonna call it. It wouldnt be right to call it a mag and stuff because its a totally new gun. I think itd be cool to hear some suggestions on names for it. Depending on cost if it comes out i may have to pic one of those beasts up. Keep up the good work.

any idea on the price range?

Ok, I don't know if this has been answered yet but I still don't quite understand the mQ-valve. If there's no sear how does it work? How could you make a blowforward electropneumatic? My mind is hitting a concrete wall lol, if it seems obvious to other people I'm very sorry. I just want to know how this thing is different in operation than a mag. I mean, it seems to me they just made their own aftermarket mag valve since it still uses a mag bolt and powertube and everything. I know it's something completely different, but how? How does it work? A schematic would be so awesome.

How much machining did this take?
    Also, do you do your machining at your field? I saw what looked like a drill press and maybe some other stuff, j/w.
    Was the rail modified at all?

Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099
    Ok, I don't know if this has been answered yet but I still don't quite understand the mQ-valve. If there's no sear how does it work? How could you make a blowforward electropneumatic? My mind is hitting a concrete wall lol, if it seems obvious to other people I'm very sorry. I just want to know how this thing is different in operation than a mag. I mean, it seems to me they just made their own aftermarket mag valve since it still uses a mag bolt and powertube and everything. I know it's something completely different, but how? How does it work? A schematic would be so awesome.
    I would assume that the valve is controled by the electronics, so instead of tripping the sear it removes this process, and just opens the on/off.

are we looking a LP cocker-mag now???
    Euro E-mag | TL63 | XMOD| EM01610
    Euro Rt | OG | RT02382.

I bet you it works just the same as a ICD Freestyle, except it looks a whole lot better than a Freestyle! If someone can pull up a Freestyle working animation, I bet it works nearly exactly the same, just the main air passages are routed different.
    Black 1972' Datsun 240Z(I6 Goodness)

My Feedback