Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Agg Mag (mQ-Valve)

Finally a f'n new design of the automag goddammit!!!!!!!! Too bad AGD isn't making it. Pretty ironic huh?

Well this is not a mag but this is the evolution of the mag.

With that mag i think people will think "hAir trigger who???"

Breck Guest
    What type of barrel is that?

We had to machine 6 parts to make the new valve. No rail modification was needed.
    The gun does NOT work like a Freestyle. That gun uses air to keep the bolt back. The bolt pin sits against a seal at the back of the power tube. They then use a 3-way valve to dump air out from in front of the bolt to allow it to fire.
    The Q-mag works much more like a traditional mag with a spring pushing the bolt back.
    The on/off and sear are replaced by the new valve mechanism.
    We did the machining in our lab located off-site from the field.
    Michael Quinn
    PBX Armored Saints

I don't know much about pnuematics and such, but correct me if I'm wrong...

The Mag valve already can cycle as fast as any gun out there. And its already been proven that it can take ALOT more pressure than any other valve around. But too me the idea of putting an Eblade on a mag seems pointless. The way I see it all you'd have to do it connect the solenoid to the sear and it would do that same thing, just the the EMag and XMag and Hyperframe etc. Why do it any other way?

Sean

AGD Did someone call me?

You should go to each gun manufacturers forum or call them up. Ask the OWNER of the company why his gun is better. When you get your answers come back here and tell us what they said.

You should buy my gun because I have 5000 posts that say I care.

AGD
    ----

sounds awesome.

Would really love to see a video of it. I'll be waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Hunt

The Mag valve already can cycle as fast as any gun out there. And its already been proven that it can take ALOT more pressure than any other valve around. But too me the idea of putting an Eblade on a mag seems pointless. The way I see it all you'd have to do it connect the solenoid to the sear and it would do that same thing, just the the EMag and XMag and Hyperframe etc. Why do it any other way?

Sean
    We only used the e-blade frame because it was available. We did not use the sear from it since this valve does not use a sear.

New board in Emag frame?

Yes, I know the big battery won't be there (and I would be very happy about this). More to the point, I was wondering if you could fit the board you're using into the mag grip along with the battery, (and any other parts) Another idea could be using the empty space to hold an ACE for instance. Or, completely removing the battery housing and milling a new hollow grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring
    The question is why? You don't need the big battery any more. And since we don't need the sear assembly, you don't need the plunger assembly. A hyperframe would do well enough.
    I for one would be interested in seeing one that could fit in the emag trigger frame and RT type rail.

Quote Originally Posted by PBX Ronin 23
    I'm sure it co9uld be configured to do so. It's just a matter of changing wiring connections.

But it's more intended for people going from a mech Mag to an electronic option.
    Less.
    Last edited by Lessthanusual; 09-13-2004 at 11:26 AM. Reason: My brain is faster than my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099
    Ok, I don't know if this has been answered yet but I still don't quite understand the mQ-valve. If there's no sear how does it work? How could you make a blowforward electropneumatic? My mind is hitting a concrete wall lol, if it seems obvious to other people I'm very sorry. I just want to know how this thing is different in operation than a mag. I mean, it seems to me they just made their own aftermarket mag valve since it still uses a mag bolt and powertube and everything. I know it's something completely different, but how? How does it work? A schematic would be so awesome.
    The mQ-Valve is a new technology that PBX will be releasing at World Cup. The initial run will be platformed on the venerable Autococker. In the Cocker, it rplaces the Nelson-style poppet vavle, hammer, sear, lug, IVG and springs. It is electronically activated so when you're trying to 'sweet spot' a cocker, you can "super sweet stop" it in 0.25ms increments. The Lock TIme is 3-4ms compared to other electros that are at 10-15ms. It's cyclic speed potential is considerably higher that ANYTHING else out there. We were able to get 36bps out of the Cocker and the only limiting factor being the loader. WE KNOW WE CAN EASILY GO HIGHER THAN ANYTHING ELSE OUT THERE.

We have platformed this thing on other types of guns. The "agg Mag" being the linear/single tube version that we know we can put in practically anything including spool valved guns. We've also proven that it can be put into a stacked bolt blow-back body and instantly turns it into a Muppet Moving Machine (MMM).
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDlover
    are we looking a LP cocker-mag now???
    We can, if we wanted to. We can also configure the design to withstand higher pressures as to not require an in-line reg.

There's lots of options available to us when it comes to designing with this valve.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaChu
    I bet you it works just the same as a ICD Freestyle, except it looks a whole lot better than a Freestyle! If someone can pull up a Freestyle working animation, I bet it works nearly exactly the same, just the main air passages are routed different.
    Absolutely NOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breck
    What type of barrel is that?
    One of the original old-school minicocker stock barrels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Hunt

If it's just the valve, I believe we can go 120cps. In practical execution that goes significantly lower because of all the other components that is needed to fire a ball.

It takes less energy to fire the gun with the mQ-Valve. It is significantly lighter. It is more forgiving in terms of manufacturing tolerances. There are no mechnical interface that will wear down after awhile. These are some of the advantages.

Like in anything else, one man's "pointless" endeavor is another man's breakthrough accomplishment. It all depends on your perspective.

It works and as an intellectual property, it's protected. It is our hope that this new valve represents a breakthrough in gun design technology that will positively impact paintball as a sport and as an industry.
    Last edited by PBX Ronin 23; 09-13-2004 at 06:08 PM.
    /s/ Mel C. Maravilla
    PBX Battlezone
    PBX Paintball Station Inc.
    PBX Ballistix Lab
    PBX@NYC Paintball

We have platformed this thing on other types of guns. The "agg Mag" being the linear/single tube version that we know we can put in practically anything including spool valved guns. We've also proven that it can be put into a stacked bolt blow-back body and instantly turns it into a Muppet Moving Machine (MMM).

It is our hope that this new valve represents a breakthrough in gun design technology that will positively impact paintball as a sport and as an industry.
    How do you do it!? When I heard about you opening a field, I thought " Ok great, another field, can't wait" but never did I expect this much out of you guys.

So the mQ can be fitted to almost any electro-pnuematic then? That's one versital valve...

Andrew
    Hey, look at that! It's Santa!

so whats the out put preasure are we looking at when a finished product is made?
    Euro E-mag | TL63 | XMOD| EM01610
    Euro Rt | OG | RT02382.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDlover
    so whats the out put preasure are we looking at when a finished product is made?
    Each gun that the valve is platformed on will vary. We're looking at keeping the pressure for Mag users at the level that they're accustomed to.

Adrenaline_Junkie Guest
    Each gun that the valve is platformed on will vary. We're looking at keeping the pressure for Mag users at the level that they're accustomed to.
    Keeping it high pressure like normal mags is cool but please try and get it to have better efficiency. Even if that means making it LP please try it.

Efficiency is definitely high on my list of attributes that this potential product must have. We can definitely lighten the bolt and the springs and keep the dwell time extremely short.

We'll try to share as much info with you guys as possible and hopefully we can get good constructive feedbacks from you. Everything PBX Ballistix Lab does is done for the players by players.
    Last edited by PBX Ronin 23; 09-13-2004 at 08:51 PM.

very interesting indeed.

good to see another idea/application.
    I always like to see another option to whats out there already.

now, one discrepancy I read was that "a spring keeps the bolt back, like in a regular mag"

in reality, the sping only returns the bolt. the sear actually holds the bolt in place. now I'm not really trying to bust your chops on this, I'm just trying to understand. seems like the chamber of air is not pushing on the bolt? perhaps the Mq valve does not apply air to the bolt until it is ready to fire? then , since the Mq valve is controlled by a solenoid(or solenoid valve) the dwell time is controlled?

basically I'm just trying to draw some info out of you

you know the deal, most people just want to shoot it. I want to take it apart first
    ~E~

The spring holds the bolt back but it doesn't need to help seal anything. The sealing is done by the mQ-Valve. There is no longer a need for the sear in this application.

We had to basically use a Level 7 bolt and stock springs for expediency. I wish I knew that we had a Super Bolt somewhere in the shop.

Basically, when the gun is fired, air is released by the mQ-V to propel the bolt forward. Then it releases the air and then it closes. Being that it doesn't have to fight against any residual air that's still in the power tube assembly, the bolt meets with no resistance when returning into the open position. On its return back to its original position, air is vented as to prevent any kind of 'dead-heading'. Ergo, the spring is all it uses to hold the bolt back. The trick then is finding the right spring that would be as light as possible and still return the bolt fast enough.

The cool thing about this is the ability to control and fine tune the gun in ways that's never been done before..........and that's the really amazing part about it.

that is interesting, and cool.
    I kind of thought that was what was going on. so the Mq valve must have a fairly high flow rate? it can discharge enough air to shoot the ball in a decent amount of time I take it?what kind of times are we talking? at first , the bolt must be moving fairly slow, but accelerating quickly. this could be an advantage as far as not chopping paint. perhaps the Mq valve is open all the way to the point where the bolt lets air out to the ball, then it closes?

I've been working on the efficiency of the mag design myself. so far, so good. I've been able to get the operating pressure down to about 280, without increase the dump chamber size. but it's a work in progress. don't know how much lower I can go... perhaps 220?

the thing I don't like about springs, is that they are always a constant. a constant opposing force. it's really not needed. force is only needed to return the bolt. but the spring is very simple, and very cheap.

these are definitely my favorite kind of threads.

alright! im about ready to sell my soul to see a diagram of the mQ valve...everywhere they post this, they dont have it yet. seriously, dont tease us until you have something for us to drool ON.

-DG

Good traders/buyers/sellers: ClassicMagger, Carpecerevesus, PsycoReaper, want2race, wigglesrewind, Faultie, JadedT, ewu, SoldierzHonor
    AO feedback: here
    AIM:xRedliner13x
    Would I push her off my lap if at an event she just sat down... it wouldn't be with my hands, I'll tell you that much.
    -Miscue

[QUOTE=dyeguy65]alright! im about ready to sell my soul to see a diagram of the mQ valve...everywhere they post this, they dont have it yet. seriously, dont tease us until you have something for us to drool ON[QUOTE]

If they did that, then you could take the design and patent it. Once they get the patent stuff figured out and they release the valve itself, they will release schematics.

so say this would go into production, all u need is the frame, valve and reg right? i can't wait until it's released. eblade trigger feels soooooo much nicer than emag trigger to me

Correctamundo.

Quote Originally Posted by WenULiVeUdiE
    If they did that, then you could take the design and patent it. Once they get the patent stuff figured out and they release the valve itself, they will release schematics.

Quote Originally Posted by dyeguy65
    alright! im about ready to sell my soul to see a diagram of the mQ valve...everywhere they post this, they dont have it yet. seriously, dont tease us until you have something for us to drool ON.
    Sell your soul? No need. All you gotta do is buy me a beer.

It's very interresting to see some upgrade 'around Mags'. Hope this upgrade will be at the same level of quality that the AGD's products ?!? Maybe a better spread in Europe ?

But definitly too bad that you don't use THE Mag Valve (Xvalve). Tom is right when he write : " if it doesnt use the mag valve how is it a mag ".
    Finaly, what 'MAKE the Mag' -> his valve, not his shape. No ?

L8r

I'm totally diggin this mod ..The more options mag owners have the better .
    give me an inch..and ill take a yard...paintball is not a hobbie it's a way of life

I have spoken to 'someone' about making this valve as compatible with existing 'Mag parts as possible. Even using an existing Intelliframe to accomodate the battery and board. Every facet of the Mag is being examined at the current moment.

Just stay tuned. If we can do an electro kit that just involves the new valve and a board that can be a retrofit, then that represents some major savings for the players.

Stay tuned.

Berry berry interesting Mel..... I gotta get a peak inside that thing...

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

im very interested. i would like to have a emag, but i just am turned off from them becasue of that big battery housing

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBeam
    im very interested. i would like to have a emag, but i just am turned off from them becasue of that big battery housing
    The mQ-Valve uses a 9volt and we know that we can basically fit everything within the confines of a 45 frame. That be said, there's still a number of technical challenges ahead.....but how much fun would life be if there weren't any challenges to overcome.

I totally agree, the challenge of creating something unique is very cool. Don't listen to the people saying it's not "Mag" enough, who cares? Coming up with your own ideas using some pre-existing parts from here and there makes perfect sense, especially at the prototype stage. Like several others have stated, I will be waiting not-so-patiently for video of this thing in action.

P.S., what is a Muppet Moving Machine???

one of the sweetest mags i have ever seen

Which is the web page of PBX Ballistics???

With this mQ valve i think the hAir trigger is goin to hell.