Thread: Quiet Gun

Quiet Gun

I was in the woods when I hear the quiet paint gun from behind. All I hear is the balls wizzing by my head. I looked and the guy was write behind me. Aboat 5 feet. Can any help me. I need that gun.

Well it definately wasn't me... as LoadSM5 and Kennedy can attest... My Illusion scared the crap out of both of them...

any Idea what it looked like?

there is a new gun out called the assault 80 that runs at 80 psi. I have never heard one fire but you would think that it would be incredibly quiet.

aut

If you havent already figured it out... Your not supposed to take me seriously
    i was running my shocker at a little lower than 100 psi, pretty close bolt to a matrix, so it couldve been me, but i try not to put balls to close to people never really funny when they stand up or something

i was using a green '03 shocker w/ blue halo

I couldn't tell what it looked like. But it was cool hearing thoughs balls fly.

What do you think of the low pressure system for my A-5?

Don't bother with LP on a tippmann... I know from experience with my lp 98c. The only gas related things you may want to put on a tippmann are a new ASA and a good regulator (palmer stab).

And honestly the LP setup won't make your gun much quieter. If you want quiet you need to get a heavily ported barrel (but I don't recommend it).

I alrady have a wisper barrell. It's so quiet.
    I love my A-5, I was just wondering about the gun.
    Thanks all.

My A5's sound like freakin' cannons! I like the fact that they scare the bejesus out of people on the field!
    • Tippmann A5, Flatline, E-Grip, MP5 tombstone mag kit
    • Tippmann A5-AK, 14' sniper barrel, Response trigger (My back up)
    • Automag Classic, X-valve, 10' Dye Boomstick
    • MKX Alias launcher from Blackpoint Engineering
    • Proud member of:

Quiet gun...

Well first off..what team were you playing on? that might help narrow it down.Was the gun like incredibly long? I was on Shatners team using my 98c loaded with everything including a silencer which makes the gun quiet as a mouse.
    Guns...we need more guns....
    I've got 2 old school mag rt's one's going in for ule upgrade.
    Loaded tippy 98c lp,e-bolt,flatine,warp feed
    ANS cocker... converted to pump to slow me down a little
    spyder shutter crafted for lp operation
    Old school Maverick w/chameleon kit installed
    02 Vert Shocker dust gold
    03 Vision Impulse w/lp kit

If you havent already figured it out... Your not supposed to take me seriously
    technically, silencers are illegal and i havent seen one that really works, atleast not one worth paying for (atleast under 100) is urs homemade?

I was on Tom's team.
    Like I said I didn't get a chance to look at it.

whisper quiet

I know "technically" any device which can be made to,modified to,used to lessen the sound for a firearm is illegal.Even though this is made for a paintball gun I can be arrested for it.You could walk out with a pillow attatched to the end of your gun and you could be arrested.I use it every now and again,mostly at my home field where I don't have to worry about it.It's actually an old school taso silencer from back in the early 90's.It works awesome. I had it on the end of my friend x-mag one day and we both laughed hysterically.Nothing like ripping 20 balls a second with just a slight "blip" coming out the end of the barrel.If you want some pictures of it send me your e-mail address and I'll fire some off to you.

May have been one of the Nova variants. I know my Nova 700 sounded like a wet fart while dry firing, so with paint it'd be extremely quiet (unfortunately, it wasn't the most reliable of markers, going China Syndrome on numerous occasions, like AO NE 3 and Spplat Attack II).
    There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't.

With understanding comes understanding.

If the saying is true that we are what we eat, aren't we all just cannibals?