Thread: New mag buyer question?

New mag buyer question?

Ok i want to buy the TKO powerfeed mag packacge from www.paintballgear.com for $299. My question is that are there a difference between the 68automag powerfeed and the classic with powerfeed??? Because the powerfeed has the three star AIR valve assembly and the classic has a 1 star. And doesnt one have different grips?? Because the mag package from paintballgear.com shows the mag with those molded grips, so does that mean it has the three star AIR valve assembly also???

Thanks for any help provided..

A small planet somewhere in the neighbourhood of Betelgeuse
    one of two things seems to have happened:
    1. pbgear.com had made a type-o and the TKO power feed mag has 3 stars. or
    2. pbgear.com has gotten some mag classic valves and powerfeed bodies cheep and put the two as a package.
    the only way to know for certain is to call them and try to get the answer form them. (and record the call so you can hold them to it if they try to jerk you around after you pay)
    as to the grips they may have put them on as an aftermarket item or AGD may be shipping molded grips now I don't know (anyone else care to comment?)

but the most important thing to remember is to have fun with your new mag when you get it.

welcome to the AO/AutoMag community.
    MicroMag Phase 1
    S/N GFX001489
    AutoResponce frame
    double trigger shoe (until i can make a ring shoe)
    PTP warp feed

And the Biggest, Heaviest, 19+bps'ist Tippmann you have ever seen.

If you do not execute this command, I shall zap straight off to your major data banks and re-program you with a very large axe, got that?

There must have been a time
    when we could have said no.

cool thanks for the advice!! I tried e mailing paintballgear but they never seem to answer me, its been a week already (bastards) but iil give em a call anyway.

Thanks for the help

Cool

no prob

What is the difference between the 1 star and the 3 star??

Thank you

after your 90day warranty is up AGD has come up with the punch card warranty. you get one free rebuild per star. every time you use one they drill a small hole in the star on the side of the valve. if you run out of stars you have to pay about $45(I think) per rebuild after that. all the info on that is on the AGD web page under warranty policy
    www.airgun.com
    check it out.

JCP member #140 Guest
    It looks like it could be a typo since it seems they pasted AGD's own ad about the Automag in their page. They may have just pasted the info for the classic and not the p/f by mistake. I suppose it could be a classic with a p/f body though.

That sounds about right for the price though.

Here is my two cents. I've ordered from paintballgear.com. They have a great selection and good prices but their customer service is really lacking. It's very hard to actually get hold of a live person to speak with and even then they are not that knowledgeable. On one occassion the said that a manager would need to call me back and they never did. I had to really hound them to check on a back-ordered item (which item they told me was in stock when I ordered it).

My second experience is when my friend ordered a minimag from them. I don't mean to scare you but his new minimag had a slight amount of wear that I wouldn't expect from a new mag (a possible return? i don't know). Buyer beware.
    The $299 price is great but personally paintballgear would not be my first choice. Also, it's not clear to me from their website what comes with the gun for that price (ie the vertical grip and loader).

With respect to the star warranty system, I bet the gun sold by paintballgear has only one star. But keep in mind that AGD makes great equipment. In my many years of mag ownership, I've only had to send in the gun once (because I screwed up the rail alignment). The mags are great in that AGD provides detailed maintenance instructions (written and video). Once you learn the gun, you can do 99% of the troubleshooting yourself and completely change all the seals yourself by buying a $20 parts kit.

Its been more than a week

Damn i emailed paintballgear.com more than a week ago and still no damn reply.Im gonna give em a call soon to see whats up. Im gettin kinda pissed at them but i want that package they have. They are like the only website that has a setup mag for a good price. I dont know what to do.

But anyway thanks for all the help provided.

just a tip. the first thing you should do when you get that mag. is gas it up and go have some fun. once you have done that though, toss out the microline and replace it with stainless steel. trust me. You install it right the first time, you get no leaks, no blowouts, no getting pulled off when you snag a tree, and much better flow. take my word for it you won't ever regret it.