Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: AO's second team at IAO information thread

Post AO's second team at IAO information thread

Ok... it would seem that somehow I managed to end up volunteering to Captain a team for IAO owners group. I don't have a lot of information on it, so I'm going to try to make a list of what we need to know, and will fill it in as we go.

Team Name: Team AO simple.. Im open to other ideas

What: Owner's Group tournament at International Amateur Open

IAO website: http://www.teameffortevents.com/iao/

Owner's group website: http://www.theiao.com/

When: July 27th-29th

Wednesday:
    6:00 PM Captain’s Meeting – Comfort Inn, Mars, PA
    6:30 PM Meet & Greet Event – Lone Star Steakhouse, Mars, PA

Thursday:
    9:00 AM Preliminary Games Begin – Big Butler Fairgrounds
    12:00 PM Half Hour Lunch Break
    5:00 PM Preliminary Games Conclude
    8:00 PM Owners Group Dinner – Lone Star Steakhouse

Friday:
    9:00 AM Quarterfinals Begin – Big Butler Fairgrounds
    12:30 PM Semifinals Begin
    2:00 PM Finals Begin
    6:00 PM Block Party & Awards – Sheraton Hotel, Mars, PA

Where: Big Butler Fairgrounds, about an hour North of Pittsburg, PA
    Address: 1127 New Castle RD, Butler, PA

Skill level: Guys, I'm playing for fun, I hope you are to

How many games do we play 8 prelim games.

How much is paint, is it BYOP: The rumor stands $75 to $100 a case.

What format: Five Man

Prizes:
    The Owners Group Division is proud to announce a fantastic prize package for the 2005 Owners Group Division. To start, the sportsmanship award winners will receive Five brand new AKALMP Viking marker. But AKALMP didnt stop there, they are also sponsoring a new prize, the Sportsman of the OGD, this year with an AKALMP Excalibur, fully loaded. These are the markers everyone has been talking about. On the other side of the prizes, we will be awarding Airgun Designs Pro Classics, AGD's entry level marker, AKALMP Two Liter regulators, Palmer's Pursuit Stabilizers, and a player kit from Dye consisting of a mask and jersey. This entire prize package is valued at over $8,000.

Just a note, about 60% of the prizes are for sportmanship rather than competetive placing. Lets play nice folks

Where we are staying: Its sounding more and more like Cameo's house

Players: This is the list that I sent to Kevin for our players. I also included Guysdaman on the registration form - he had paid and then had to back out because of work issues and I refunded him his money - he is the only other eligible player now because he is the only one on the form. We are right at five guys here, and all of us have paid our share of the entry fee.

1) Robert Lohman (me) AO handle: Lohman446 email: Lohman446@aol.com Position: middle snake side Team Captain 26 years old from West Michigan Needs Hotel: Yes Entry fee: paid $100

2) Andrew Seltzer AO handle "AGDlover", E-mail AGDlover04@att.net Position: Front/Snake. 14 years old from Manhattan IL. Needs hotel: No Entry fee: paid $100

3) Dj West AO handle: dj89 Email: airgundesigns@gmail.com Position: Back snake side 16 years old from Fredonia , New York Needs Hotel: No Entry fee: paid $100

4) Zack Zelehoski AO handle: "zackzel", E-mail: zackzel@hotmail.com Position: middle non-snake side 19 years old from Slippery Rock so I will not be needing a hotel, and as I said if someone wants to crash here they are more then welcome too Entry fee = paid $100

5) Rob Barclay AO handle: Robbie Email: calvin1031@msn.com Position: back non-snake side 34 years old from Tom Rivers New Jersey Needs hotel: no Entry fee = paid $100
    Last edited by Lohman446; 07-08-2005 at 07:41 PM.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Hey, I will not be playing with AO, but can give you some of the info you need. Kevin will be releasing things such as Entry fee and day of play soon. Paint will be announced by Team Effort Events. (which their site is www.teameffortevents.com).

It will be a 5man format.

There are a few roach motels close to the field and a nice fairfield Inn about 10 mins from the field (Intersection of rt8 and 422). Most people stay in Cranberry Township, PA (some times refered to as Mars, PA). Cranberry has many hotels in many different price ranges. I do not think any give a discount any more, but you should be able to find something from $50-$300 a night.

There are also a lot of places to eat in Cranberry which because of this becomes party central. Ask any AOer at past IAO's about Quaker Steak and Lube, which I plan on trying to organized another QS night. There is also a Primanti Brothers going in, which you guys will have to check out.

I am sure there will be another OGD dinner. I hope it will be the evening after play.

some info:

entry will be 500-600 per team. not final yet...but will be in that range

hotel. i recommend staying at the Mars, PA Comfort Inn. Its where I've stayed the past three years. great hotel.

paint will be $75-100 depending on grade...somewhere around there.

IAO website is actually www.teameffortevents.com/iao

please email me for any and all information you need

1) Robert Lohman (me) AO handle: Lohman446 email: Lohman446@aol.com Position: Any, Team Captain 26 years old from West Michigan
    2) AO handle: RogueFactoryKid, Adam Stoehr Email: P8intballer26349@hotmail.com Position: Front/Snake Team Player 17 years old from Maine (Will be in PA For 2 months during summer including IAO Dates).
    RIP John Sherman 1952- 2004

-Adam
    K To the E

Kev.. I think I e-mailed you this, but might as well ask here... what dates are we playing - I see the dates of IAO but was wondering what dates the OG plays on

Pmed you
    "STAY OUT OF SMART PARTS SECTIONS.
    ANYONE CAUGHT STARTING *poof* IS GONE, PERIOD.
    THIS IS LAW"-PBN MOD
    GITRDONE!!!!!
    Tunamart for all of your mag needs
    Team Magfiea

Long Live Tom Kaye
    Long Live The Mag

Added you

BTW... at some point we are going to need to find out what we will need in the way of waivers and temporary guardianships for those under 18

Waivers and all that are usually found at team effort events site. They will probably, as is my past experience, update their site around march. The dues deadline is usually June, We all stay in Cranbury, at one of the hotels there. They are abundant, and we usually start threads asking for roomies. It is cheaper to get a couple of 2 man rooms, and double up. Thats what we usually do. Also, if people are flying in (as I am this year), we usually try to get a carpool, and do a shuttle. Last year that worked great. We at AFTICA look forward to seeing another AO team there this year! (I'd speak for everyone, but most people on the team are jerks anyway).
    X-mag #10. Nuff said.

my feedback

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier
    Waivers and all that are usually found at team effort events site. They will probably, as is my past experience, update their site around march. The dues deadline is usually June, We all stay in Cranbury, at one of the hotels there. They are abundant, and we usually start threads asking for roomies. It is cheaper to get a couple of 2 man rooms, and double up. Thats what we usually do. Also, if people are flying in (as I am this year), we usually try to get a carpool, and do a shuttle. Last year that worked great. We at AFTICA look forward to seeing another AO team there this year! (I'd speak for everyone, but most people on the team are jerks anyway).
    Let me know what hotel so we can get a couple rooms... we are going to get dues in well before they are due, just to try to avoid any last minute rushes

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier
    (I'd speak for everyone, but most people on the team are jerks anyway).

Thats why I left the team in the first place, ya bastards.

Drink Wine

weeeeellll....id like to go, but there are many problems with that:
    1. Im 14
    2. Parents wouldnt let me go alone...
    3. i live in texas
    4. i have no tourny experience ever, however its a long time away so i could practice alot
    5. expensive
    6. not too sure what position id play...
    7. i havent played paintball in like a year, im gonna play saturday for the first time in forever cuz i got my mag on wed
    8. umm...iao is a big event, right? i dont think y'all would want an unexperienced 14 year old on the team...
    9. those paint prices arent too friendly

However, i AM free then, but thats just about the only thing going for me...
    Automag RT Pro
    ULE Body
    RT Valve w/ LvL 10
    AM/MM Rail
    Intelliframe
    Custom Products Matrix barrel
    CP small drop
    Black

Thats what paint cost now. But I just thought, I'll be spening my SLF E-Mag fund on this. O well

Now are we gonna have super cool AGD jerseys or just whatever we can get our hands on?

Quote Originally Posted by dj89
    Thats what paint cost now.
    What? at the field in austin (petty's) the cheapest stuff is like $40 and the best is like $60!

Comfort Inn price will go down from 85...I got my room for $60/night

I'm talk about at any large meet ie. IAO,D-Day,etc.

true

Quote Originally Posted by RogueFactoryKid
    Now are we gonna have super cool AGD jerseys or just whatever we can get our hands on?

I suggest that the team get one of the AO jerseys from CSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzikman
    I suggest that the team get one of the AO jerseys from CSG.
    Point me in the right direction, I shall be Mcjobbing it the rest of the school year to pay for this and my practicing between here and then. IAO 2003 was great, I hope this one is just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by mark_1791
    weeeeellll....id like to go, but there are many problems with that:
    1. Im 14
    2. Parents wouldnt let me go alone...
    3. i live in texas
    4. i have no tourny experience ever, however its a long time away so i could practice alot
    5. expensive
    6. not too sure what position id play...
    7. i havent played paintball in like a year, im gonna play saturday for the first time in forever cuz i got my mag on wed
    8. umm...iao is a big event, right? i dont think y'all would want an unexperienced 14 year old on the team...
    9. those paint prices arent too friendly

However, i AM free then, but thats just about the only thing going for me...
    Mark, let me know if you can work out numbers 1, 2, 3, 5, 9... the rest we can work with, we are playing for fun

Never considered Jerseys... will have to look into, DJ has pointed us towards where they are available My gut feeling is this is a "one-time" team, and jerseys are going to be wear what you want type deal.

I suggest that for the one time type thing you buy them. I know the first team will have them and all the other teams last year had matching jerseys. This is where both teams pairing up and working out details comes in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzikman
    I know the first team will have them
    I'll be wearing my Thor jersey again

I have a buddy that can do it. All he needs is an Emag or Xmag, hes currently looking for to trade for one for his Viking.

At this point I want to recruit from AO - if we need mroe I have two people I can bring who are EXTREMELY good and have shot mags for years- but I would prefer to give AO the first cahnce

Planet Earth. More than that is debatable.
    Don't count on me yet, I'm still doing PT. You know you're in good hands when the PT guy is doing RESEARCH to learn more about a sport he's never heard of before. I get a feeling that I'm the first paintball injury they've gotten...

I'll know more in a month, I hope...

-Tyger

"Oh, you're wearing a tail and ears, you're a freak."
    "No social change has ever come about without freaks. Einstein was a freak. Ben Franklin was a freak. Martin Luther King was a freak. ...be proud to be included in those ranks."
    -2, The Ranting Gryphon

Tyger, you need to organize a PumpPlayers team!

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    Mark, let me know if you can work out numbers 1, 2, 3, 5, 9... the rest we can work with, we are playing for fun
    lol...#1 is that im 14, and i dont think that i can work that out

but ill try to work out the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    At this point I want to recruit from AO - if we need mroe I have two people I can bring who are EXTREMELY good and have shot mags for years- but I would prefer to give AO the first cahnce
    Randy and Little Randy? If so, I say put them on the team before anybody on AO .

> QUIKFLASH.COM
    JOIN THE NINTENDO FUN CLUB TODAY MAC!