Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Hammerhead barrels, and their lies!

Besides shooting people, some of the things I do for fun is explaining to lawyers where they are wrong and ridiculing college professors and the people that deify them. Most of the time, they just "KNOW" they are "right", even though they rarely take into account real life circumstances. The almighty BOOK says.... {yadda yadda yadda}

That said:

How in the world does anyone think that, with those parameters (or even close) that the rifling is going to make any difference?
    Think about this. Most people now know that barrels can and do impart spin on a paintball. In smooth barrels the spin is random. In the flatline the spin is extreme and intentional. Let's say, in the Hammerhead, the spin is less random. What would that do to the accuracy, as compared to a smooth barrel?

Robert is the person that should be answering these questions. I'm just theorizing. The only facts I have are the ones that I see when I use my Mag, based on the previous Lapco, Dye, and crown point barreles I have used on my Mag, and the life experiences I possess.

Is that a ditch behind me?

I'm old... I'm slow...
    And I can't see very well...
    Is this gun I borrowed any good?

{heh heh heh}

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Smith
    Think about this. Most people now know that barrels can and do impart spin on a paintball. .
    So... start a faulty argument with a faulty base fact. With the exception of the flatline which is imparting spin on a different axis I do not beleive that any spin on a paintball (which Tom's camera testing seemed to indicate was minimal at best) is imparted by the barrel - in fact I beleive (again based on the PICTURES and explanation of testing that TK has shown us) that paintballs do not have an appreciable spin on them when in flight. I assert that any spin that happens to be there is due to air fluctuations, an error in ball construction (paint on one side of instance), or some other factor not related to the barrel. So I would argue that most people do not know that barrels do impart spin on a paintball.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

3. Mike Smith: 1 Week Ban - Excessive trolling.

-The AO Moderation Team
    "Everything in Moderation"

AO Moderation Team, Go ahead and delete me from your database. This is my last post at AO.