Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Order Carbon Fiber Halo / Reloader B backplates.

yakitori Guest

Pre-Order Carbon Fiber Halo / Reloader B backplates.

EDIT: I now have these colors in stock and ready to ship. I can still take pre orders on the colors that are on order and they will ship when the materials arrive.

Regular CF - 6 In stock
    Classic Black - 8 in stock (more on order)
    Yellow - 5 in stock
    Red - out of stock (more on order)
    Blue - 6 in stock

updated @ 910am 8/14/05

I will try to keep this updated depending on how many I have in stock of each.

REAL Carbon Fiber
    Drops in place of stock backplate
    Extremely Strong Rubber on/off button
    Larger diameter LED cover
    Available in different colors.

Pics of colors below in thread.

Yellow Red Blue Classic Black CF

These will be $15 shipped USPS w/ delivery confirmation .

I will be accepting paypal or POSTAL money orders.

I will give my paypal address via PM if you are interested. Just PM me w/ what color you want.

It is Red carbon fiber.

Last edited by yakitori; 08-14-2005 at 09:10 AM.

just when i got rid of my halo b.....
    free up, those look pretty cool

free up for a misunderstanding

ill probly buy a classic black one.. too bad you dont have dark green to match my olive emag..

yakitori Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by k0m0d067
    free up for a misunderstanding
    . No biggie.

Thanks

I can try to find other colors as I planned on making a white one, and silver in the future. Right now I dont have the funds to get all those colors. I can look around for a green one, although I cant promise a match. I would have pics of them when I get them made so ppl will know what they will look like before they buy them.

Im just kind of tallying up how many of what colors I need in order to get ppl their backplates w/o delay.

Thanks guys.

/drools uncontrollably...

PURPLE?!?!?!?!?!

latches109 Guest
    ...make some emag grips?

yakitori Guest
    I cannot make emag grips. I do not make the carbon fiber from fabric and resin. I get these from the supplier. I have been looking for other colors, but I can only offer what I can get from the company that supplies me.

Ill look around for purple, and possible multiple color weaves (IE. red/blue, red/yellow, etc.) I dont know of those exist w/o me making them special order. I dont have the resources to do that as of yet. It may be a possibility in the future.

Can you cover an entire Halo with the carbon fiber?

yakitori Guest
    No, not with real carbon fiber. You would have to make an entire shell to do it. I dont know how the feedneck would go since it likely wouldnt fit a large variety of feednecks. Im sure you can sand CF, but it would need some thick resin right there to give you something to work with.

Or, if you want a decal sheet, which is basically a sticker. These are Real Carbon fiber. These are kevlar/carbon fiber twill that is covered in a resin. They are very strong yet light material. The rubber button means you will NEVER wear a hole into your backplate sticker. This is a durable product, and not just a sticker/decal kit with an adhesive back.

Thanks for asking. Buttons will be here monday, LED covers will be here tomorrow, and hopefully the material will be here ASAP. I will have some red ones made ready to sell Tuesday probably. Ill be working on them Monday and when the other colors get here, Ill get started on them.

So far, Ill make the classic black CF first since more ppl are interested in that, then blue, red, and yellow. Not many requests for yellow yet, so it will be started once all the ppls orders are filled. Ive sold two red ones only, and I will have about 20 more by next week.

yakitori Guest
    up

yakitori Guest
    up.

LED covers came yesterday as scheduled.

Will keep thread updated.

yakitori Guest
    up again.

Up for a very cool guy and a sweet product. Can't wait to get it.

yakitori Guest
    Thanks man. Talked to ya through PMs. Ill keep you updated. Im expecting those on/off buttons today. Hopefully UPS comes earlier than usual.

Thanks again

up

I want pink now :P

up for a good guy

thanks-
    Pat
    "An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind"
    -Ghandi

Feedback

yakitori Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepingbeauty
    I want pink now :P

up for a good guy

thanks-
    Pat
    lol...I know. I know. If I can find it, Ill get it and make it for ya.

Thanks bro. Cya round.

up

yakitori Guest
    just an update. I have spoke w/ the carbon fiber supplier. He informs me that he is working at half staff and that my sheets will be cut and shipped tomorrow. So, I looks like this will push me to the end of the week instead of the middle. If they ship tomorrow, I should have them in 3-4 days or so. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks for your patience.

yakitori Guest
    up, CF will be here soon. Shipped out yesterday.

I have 3 Red ones left.

yakitori Guest
    up again. Red may be gone for now, until I order more. I am going to start filling all the other orders before I worry about ordering again. I have a lot of backplates to make this weekend.

Thanks again guys.

I'll take one in Classic Black!
    Red/Black Freeflow Lotus Racegun
    Red/Black Acid BPS Twister Cocker
    Bright Black Y-Grip/Warp ULE Mag
    Blue 99 Dark Angel w/Matching Accessories
    Matte Black Stock Class Sniper 2
    Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread....&threadid=94972

wow these are awesome, I'll take a red!

Drink Wine

I got two of the early ones from Yak. These are EXTREMELY well made in my opinion. The light tunnel (or whatever it is called) also makes seeing the light much easier. The button works very well with a positive "click" feel to it when turning on. I bought these for cosmetic reasons and could not be more pleased or surprised at the functional improvements. They also appear to be very rugged in design, much more so than the stock ones.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

yakitori Guest
    damn guys. Sorry about that, I didnt realize my thread was put in the dealers forum. I was looking for it in the misc forum.

I will add both ludavico and ntn to the list. I have one red one left, and it looks like ntn is going to get it. Ill have to order some more in red, so it will be a week or more. I need to find a faster shipping supplier.

Thank you Lohman for the kind feedback. I am glad that you are pleased with them. Making them durable and better was part of my plan as well as the cosmetic aspect of it too. You should never have a ripped on/off button again. Also, I recommend that you put a drop of armor all or rubber conditioner on it occasionally to keep it from drying. If the button EVER wears, I will send a replacement button. I dont think that will be happening though.

Also, the rubber buttons that I ordered this time are a bit thicker and more heavy duty than before. That was the only source for them. They are less flexible and clicky than the ones that Lohman got, but only at first. They break in and get looser given time and use, and become more clicky as you use them. But the LED does seem brighter, because the LED cover extends inward toward the board creating a light tunnel, and they are a slighlty larger diameter. I think its easier to see than the stock LED cover.

Thanks guys. Will post more pics when I get the others made.

You mentioned silver, is that in the current plans? I know I have seen hard sheet material in silver (the fibrers are coated).

yakitori Guest
    I dont plan on silver soon. All of the sheets Ive seen are adhesived backed and made by 3M. I dont want those. I want the good stuff like Ive been using. . If I find the good stuff in other colors, I will get it in the future, but that will be a while.

Yak, shoot me your e-mail address, a couple people at the field are very interested in these

One in classic black, please.
    "Luckily for Hammerhead, there's a sucker born every minute." - Miscue

I'd like three in classic black, please. Thanks.
    Sleep? Isn't that a completely inadequate substitute for caffeine?

--Programmers' saying (stolen from Rick Cook)

yakitori Guest
    ok guys. Ive got the materials today and I am starting to fill the orders on the list. I have only made black ones so far. I know a couple ppl ordered yellow and some wanted blue. I can probably make them soon. I have a ton of orders for black, and I am trying to get the orders filled in chronological order based on my spreadsheet. But, some ppl have already paid me for thiers even though they are in the middle of the list and want yellow or blue. I should be able to take care of them since they have already paid, and there arent a ton of ppl in front of them wanting the same color.

Here are some pics of my classic black ones in my test fit halo shells. .

I will post pics of the others as I get them made. I can tell you now the blue is kind of a darker blue, but it is still blue. I will get pics up of the other colors asap.

Thanks

EDIT: and uhh...no. Im really not that hairy.