Thread: Rebuilding Automag

Rebuilding Automag

Well, its time to dust off the old Automag. The son has declared himself and his A-5 as the reigning supreme champion. Pfft...A-5.

So, I found my old marker, but I havent fired it since the mid 90's. I just ordered a new sear and o-ring kit for her, but I dont remember where the video is I used to have. The one that showed how to rebuild em.

Any links to help me rebuild my baby and teach this lil punk about a quality made marker would be gretly appreciated.

I don't know any links per se, but they're wicked easy to rebuild ... just use your common sense. Before going crazy, put some oil in the ASA and fire the gun a few times. It might be working as is, and save the rebuild kit for when you need it.

You shouldn't need a new seer, they actually get better with age.

Get a Level 10 kit for it though (c;

have you aired it up yet?

if it doesnt leak, then you probably dont need to rebuild..
    "Great stories! See everyone, just buy a Sydarm and become a paintball superstar!! "
    AGD

"i just sent out the full force of the canadian army (4 guys). expect high canadian casualties"
    Blackweenie

This should help

You can go to www.airgun.com and look in tech support, then click on manuals and diagrams.
    Also I think you can call them and theyll send ya a cd(Not sure though)

Or if your near Portland, OR you can borrow mine n.p.

Ok, I aired it up and it leaks like a sieve out the barrel. And as for the sear, I remember when I put it away it neded one. trigger was WAY too sensitive. The last tourney I played, it would fire if I shook it too hard.

LOL, thx, but I am on the opposite side of the rock, VA Beach here, might be too long of a drive.

Leaks

Quote Originally Posted by 'Nilla Gorilla
    Ok, I aired it up and it leaks like a sieve out the barrel. And as for the sear, I remember when I put it away it neded one. trigger was WAY too sensitive. The last tourney I played, it would fire if I shook it too hard.
    Check your power tube o-ring and the regulator seat washer (the big flat one). But first, put a few drops of oil in the air feed and dry fire a few times without the barrel on. That should lube most of the internals and very likely stop the leak.

My 'mag is almost 14 years old, I recently purchased a used one from a coworker that hadn't been shot in 5 years and has an even lower serial number than mine. A quick rebuild and it was shooting like a champ. Played a slightly wet day and the e-gun users were begging to borrow my spare 'mag. It is so very satisfying to face down these 15+ bps markers and send them packing with such an old marker.

Indeed. Cheaper on paint too

what these guys have said is a prolly right on and obv a nice cheap way to start back up....if you know ya need a sear thats one thing...but a good lubing and mebbe some new orings and things from a mag parts kit are all ya need to be back in tha game.
    if ya have the money to spend though...which i dont atm...id say go for the xvalve and ult trigger upgrade.

cheerz

-kw

If you want I have my Old 68AM vid laying around I'll sell it to you for mad cheep too LMK
    Euro E-mag | TL63 | XMOD| EM01610
    Euro Rt | OG | RT02382.

In my opinion...

If it is that old, just replace all the orings. It is easy and you dont need a video. Open her up and replace each oring as you come to it. The only tricky one is the reg seat because it is beveled. It needs to "click" into place. One side will snap in and stay snug, and the other side will fall out if turned upside down.

Replace them all, put 12 drops of oil, and let her rip!
    Click HERE to see my feedback...Thanks!