Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logic Ultimate Mechanical Mag Frame - AO First Look!

Logic Ultimate Mechanical Mag Frame - AO First Look!

These bad boys are fresh off the machine. They have been done for less than six hours now.

EDIT (10-19-05): Link to the dealer's forum post with pricing etc ----> Dealer's Thread

On to the pics!

Right Side:

Left Side:

Back Strap:

Trigger Guard/Trigger Stops:

There will be a thread in Dealer's when I get the price fixed.

They go off for ano in about two weeks.

That is all.
    Last edited by CoolHand; 10-19-2005 at 11:50 PM.

nice job.
    "Don't stoned i'm shoot" -someoneiforget

in the corner in a box under the stairs right down the street from jerry's bait shop.
    i love you.

is there enough room to fit some pneumatics in there and make a pneumatic mag?
    "Ah yes, I have one of the 32*rebels that I always take to big scenario games. It keeps the truck from rolling if I have to park on a hill." - automikey

Looks good, when are you making them for AKA markers?

My Feedback
    (It's a work in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by master_alexander
    i love you.

is there enough room to fit some pneumatics in there and make a pneumatic mag?
    kinda what its for.

> QUIKFLASH.COM
    JOIN THE NINTENDO FUN CLUB TODAY MAC!

Quote Originally Posted by Duzzy
    Looks good, when are you making them for AKA markers?
    When AKA starts making markers again.

BUT, just because I don't do any production stuff, does not mean I can't/won't modify something I already make to fit something AKA makes.

I've already been approached by a guy who wants me to put one of my Ultimate Shocker Frames on his Viking, and it looks to be very doable.

I see no reason why I couldn't do the same for you, with either a USF, or one of the new ElectroMag frames.

Tell me what you wants to do, and I will tell you if I can do's it.

[QUOTE=CoolHand]I've already been approached by a guy who wants me to put one of my Ultimate Shocker Frames on his Viking, and it looks to be very doable.
    QUOTE]

yeah, somone alread has a ton ton framed viking, so, a shocker frame conversion is definately doable

Quote Originally Posted by 68magOwner
    yeah, somone alread has a ton ton framed viking, so, a shocker frame conversion is definately doable
    Yup, saw it, but I think I can make one fit better than that one did.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative Mayhem
    Sweet!! Flat black?
    Certainly. If you get the order made before they go to ano, I'll even do it for the same price.

I bought one when the last batch went on sale about six months ago. Are these different in any way? I can't tell from the pics.

they require an rtpro/emag rail, right?
    those are sweet

So how much you looking to set us back.

Very nice. (as usual)

Quote Originally Posted by SummaryJudgement
    I bought one when the last batch went on sale about six months ago. Are these different in any way? I can't tell from the pics.
    Um, yeah.

The old frames were verts (90 degrees to horizontal), and used WDP space frame grips (hard to find and expensive).

These are a hybrid angle frame. I took the average of the .45 style and the vert style, and this is what I got (82.5 degrees to horizontal). AND they take regular .45 style grips (found everywhere for a wide range of prices).

No retail price is set yet, as I am still waiting on the quote from the anodizer. That said, count on them being VERY affordable. I want these to be a very viable alternative to the Intelliframe.

I will have a thread in the Dealer's Forum as soon as I get the details nailed down enough to sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by dahoeb
    they require an rtpro/emag rail, right?
    those are sweet
    Yeah, the trigger guard is pretty big. You can run them on a Classic rail too, but you'd be without a place to mount your foregrip. If that's OK with you, then by all means go for it, it will function just fine.

I doubt the twist lock would clear on a classic rail though, so count on using a ULE body for that build.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Very nice. (as usual)
    Thank you sir.

does that asa come on it? preferably i would like it come not attached or just not on at all. that way folks like me who use adjustable tanks can put their own rails on. and its standard bottomline threading right?
    rt ule custom, boomstick, ult,apoc2k and x board revi, i want:j&j ceramic.

Logic doesnt make that asa. It is made by smart parts.

Quote Originally Posted by onedude36
    Logic doesnt make that asa. It is made by smart parts.
    Exactly.

It's just there to illustrate how the integrated rail mount functions. The frame does not come with an ASA at all.

There are also two sets of #10-32 threaded holes to attach any standard bottom line or rail mount that you already have.

If you bottle has a dovetail on it (meaning it will mount on a standard rail mount), you can use the one on the frame too. No need to bolt on a second one (though you can if you want to).

Hope that clears it up.

Are you going to make a version with a snatch grip?
    "Otaeri wa doko desu ka?"
    ------------
    --Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
    ------------
    Think you're ready, Grasshopper?
    www.ohioshaolin.com

Neat...so please let me hear this from the man himself.

This is meant to have pnuematic parts in it to make it a pnue-mag?

Quote Originally Posted by phazeshifter
    Are you going to make a version with a snatch grip?
    Nope, what you see is what you get.

I'm sure the one add on snatchgrip will fit if you want one real bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshK
    Neat...so please let me hear this from the man himself.

This is meant to have pnuematic parts in it to make it a pnue-mag?
    It was not designed as such, no.

It is a direct replacement for the stock frame, and will give you a nice feeling mechanical mag when its installed. Still has the trigger stops, and the integrated rail from the verts though.

I'm sure that you could put pneumatics inside of it, there is plenty of room, though I doubt that the LPR would fit too (there's not that much room).

If people have been able to do it to the Y/I Frame, they can do it just as easily to this one, and the trigger stops are already in place.

If I was going to do a pneumag, I would just do it. No need to skirt around with kits and things, that's all still just as actionable (legally speaking) as making a whole frame. Nope, if I do one, it will be a whole frame, and it will be legal. I just don't see how anyone is going to be able to do one for the prices people keep inventing. Last time I ran it, I couldn't even break even at $200 a pop unless I built and sold at least 300 of them. I just don't see that happening.

Thanks for a bit of your wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshK
    Thanks for a bit of your wisdom.
    Not a problem.

Its a neat as hell project, and I really wish I could afford to just do it and worry about the consequences later, but the reality of it is that I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Not a problem.

Its a neat as hell project, and I really wish I could afford to just do it and worry about the consequences later, but the reality of it is that I can't.

but what if they were not sold as a kit, and were done "custom" after the frame was purchased by the end user?

Quote Originally Posted by GT
    but what if they were not sold as a kit, and were done "custom" after the frame was purchased by the end user?
    The consequences I speak of are not legal, but rather monetary (IE I do the project, and go bankrupt because no one will buy them, because they won't like this or that, or because its too expensive, or because they've lost interest and changed their minds).

Paintball folk are too fickle to take much of a chance on. If its not a sure thing, it doesn't get done.

My electro frames came so close to tanking that I am not tempting fate again.

In a house... on a street... in a neighborhood... maybe your neighborhood!
    What would it take to make that fit on a classic RT rail?

Quote Originally Posted by Resurection
    The back frame mount hole would need to be enlarged alittle.
    Hey, look at that! It's Santa!

Coolhand,

How is the grip size, as far as feel, compared to the Intelliframe? I have fairly small hands and typically like the feel of a Benchmark and nothing bigger than the Intelli.

Looks great, definitely would consider this for my next Mag project.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurection
    WenULiVeUdiE nailed it. We just have to open up the rear frame hole to accommodate the banjo bolt on the RT.

Quote Originally Posted by -Cilio-
    Coolhand,

How is the grip size, as far as feel, compared to the Intelliframe? I have fairly small hands and typically like the feel of a Benchmark and nothing bigger than the Intelli.

Looks great, definitely would consider this for my next Mag project.
    This new frame is a fuzz smaller than the YGrip I have here (front to back wise), which should make it just a fuzz smaller than an Intelliframe too. I don't have big hands at all, but I have no problem getting all the way around this one.

Hope that helped.