Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who likes their mag??

who likes their mag??

Hi yall, I've got a couple questions.
    how many of yall like(or love) the tac one/x valve and level 10?
    is it worth it or should I get a ION or A-5 with a reactive trigger?
    I really want a Mag, but i would like to know if its worth it, how much trouble do yall have with these guns? do they leak alot? how easy is it to fix the problem, howlong does it take? would you rather have another marker?? thank you for your help.
    I'd like to put an 18 inch FREAk kit on a tac one with a Empire-B hopper.
    thanks again yall!!

mags are THE MOST SIMPLE GUN OUT THERE, they are fast, efficient, light, and easy to fix, totally, totally worth it. they only leak when they need to be tuned, and thats only when you first get it, after that once every couple months it needs a 5 minutie tuning. A-5, good but HEAVY, mags a re better. ions, dont join them, plus quality control from SP is crappy, or so ive herard. i LOVE my RT mag w/ X-valve (same as a tac-one, but different body) and the lvl10 after its been intially tuned, leave it alone, and never once will it break a paintball. the freak, 18 is long...... but w/e good barrels anyway. the halo, meh, might not need that much for a mag, its overkill, a revvy will do you just fine., check out my sweetness http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/...IMAGE_ID=33278

How is this a "my gun is broken" post?

love my 2 mags, way better than an a-5, no problems even though one is 5-7 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring
    How is this a "my gun is broken" post?

If he buys an ION it will be...

Get the Tac one, or any other mag for that matter, I even reccomend the A-5, but if you want more than just mil-sim get a mag....

I love my Tac-one, love it, love it, love it!

I have to admit i know almost nothing about how to work on a mag and I have 3, the reason for this is all I do is put oil in it, air it up, fill up the hopper and play.

Land of the silent mag majority Spokane Washington.
    having owned an rt/pro ION & A5. I'd recommend the tac one. Of the three it has the best balance of durability & easy maintenance.
    AGD CCI

I had a tippy in the past and really liked it. However, I do not regret trading in for an Automag. Automags may be old but people respect them anywhere you go. Beware they cannot be walked like electros. Also most speedball tournaments do not allow r/t and x valve mags to use their reactivity to do “rapid fire”, so they are restricted to being as fast as you can pull the trigger. My friend got an ion a while back, and what he has spent to get it to tournament grade, he could have bought a bob long intimidator.

Get a mag you know you want to.

who says a reloade b isnt needed my mag was shooting 23 bps from its previous ownner and my friends was out running his reloader mags fastest mechanical marker everbought

If you get an Ion or A-5 over a Tac One, you will be sorry, oh yes, you will

AGD X-Mag #XT00187
    AGD Tac-One
    WGP 2003
    Marker Pics

thanks

Thanks yall, I'll be buying a tac-one!
    yea i will probely go with a 16 inch freak instead.

Question ?

by the way, just a random question. how long have yall played paintball?

Spokane, WA / Fairchild / Cape Girardeau, MO
    please do not put an 18 inch barrel on a tacone.

go with a 12 or 14 inch. (or a freak back with a flashpoint.. which is what i'm gonna do soon). it will be more efficient and just as accurate (if not more so)

as far as mechanical guns go.. there isn't a better one anywhere than a mag. if you want electro.. go with an ion or wrath.. but if you don't want to worry about batteries or chopping, and also want 15-20 bps.. go with a tacone with ult

and yes you will need a halob or qloader to keep up with an automag with ult

edit: ive been playing for a year.

Question

ok ok I'll get a 12 or 14. whatever my store has. so what else do I need to do to the tac one to get to 20bps? I didnt't know they could do that. I guess I've got to have like amazingly fast fingers tho.
    anyone here played for like at least 10 years and have a mag and use it more often than anyother gun?
    and how long does the leaking/tuning part last.

I've been playing for about 15 years, and have had mags (2 currently) since I started. Tuning it took me about 30 mins. to get right on the LVL X and ULT. Don't sweat it, it's easy. For 20bps, you will have to have insanely fast fingers or an electro or electro-pneumatic frame. Start by getting the ULT. I shoot a 14" Freak and love it. Great accuracy and quiet. As far as a loader, I have found it quite necessary to have a force feeder (Halo, ReloaderB), the revvy I had couldn't keep up (not to mention that the newer revvies' shells are garbage!).

I got my Tac-One from Tunaman(I highly recommend him) almost a year ago, and have absolutely loved it. It's seen a good bit of use, and has been solidly reliable. I'll repost my review of the Tac-One from pbreview to give you a more detailed rundown:

---------------------

I've used several different markers in the time that I've been playing paintball, but I kept looking for THE ONE -- an accurate, dependable marker that would complement my skills -- not detract from them. I finally found it in the AGD Tac-One. Several friends and I play a good bit of scenario/woods paintball, and the Tac-One definitely is an excellent choice for this type of paintball.

THE BENEFITS:

The Tac-One has an all-aluminum body, so it is very light and easy to wield. It's styling definitely gives it that scenario/mil-sim look, and with the multiple picatiny rails, it is easy to attach any number of accessories (sights, scopes, night-vision, slings, etc).

The Tac-One has a built in reactive trigger, so each time you fire, it pushes your finger forward so that you are ready to fire again faster than if you had to return your finger yourself. This is a true reactive trigger -- not Tippmann's version of it. It doesn't allow full automatic, but it does help you shoot the gun faster -- one pull, one shot. Sometimes I find myself firing faster than I usually intend to just because the reactive trigger makes it easy to do. One option that I chose straight from the factory was the ULT (Ultra-light trigger). This all-mechanical trigger requires only 15 ounces of force to pull. It is almost as light an some electronic triggers. I definitely like how easy it is to fire.

The Tac-One is a blow-forward design. This design, along with the light-weight aluminum bolt nearly eliminates kick. I find it very easy to keep it on target no matter how fast I'm shooting. Another KEY FEATURE of the Tac-One is that it comes with the Level X anti-chop bolt. This mechanical system prevents the bolt from chopping paint. It definitely works! The easiest way to demonstrate it is to turn off your motorized hopper, and fire fast. You can hear it "chuff" when it gets a partially loaded ball that would be chopped otherwise. I've had many instances where this kept me from chopping. I've only had 1 instance where it did chop, and it was on extremely fragile paint that would break after being dropped from chest height onto gravel. The level X bolt is an EXTREMELY nice standard feature, as it prevents you from having to interrupt play to squeegie your barrel.

The J&J Ceramic barrel that came with the marker is quite good with it. I've been very happy with its accuracy, and have no plans to buy an after-market barrel.

One of the main benefits is that the gun doesn't require endless upgrades to make it function at peak performance. It does that stock from the factory. It is worth it to me to pay a little more for the marker up-front and not get nickel-and-dimed on a bunch of upgrades. Big plus!

Scenario players often play in Big Games that happen rain or shine. Having an all mechanical marker is definitely a benefit in these situations. When you absolutely have to play regardless of the weather, the Tac-One will not let you down. I've already played with it in the rain, and it know it won't leave me sitting on the sidelines. Time for a short story - my team was playing at a big 26 hour-long scenario game this spring. My wife was using a Spider Imagine (a good entry-level electro marker). It started to pour down rain just as the game began. Within 10 minutes, her gun was malfunctioning because the electronics had gotten wet. Fortunately, one of our teammates had a spare mechanical marker that he could lend her. From that point on, we decided that electros were not for us. It continued to rain for most of that first day, but we stayed on the field and had many a glorious adventure.

THE DRAWBACKS:

The picatiny rails system allows for a great deal of customization and addition of gear, however, all of the slots cut into it (to reduce the marker's weight) can make for a bit more work during cleanup. I tend to meticulously clean my gear, so I hit each of those spots with a sponge during cleanup.

The level-X anti-chop bolt requires a bit of tuning to get it functioning at peak performance. Once it is tuned, you don't have to worry about it again. AGD sells the Tac-one factory tuned, so it is not a problem that the purchaser must worry about.

The Tac-One only functions on high-pressure air or nitrogen. CO2 can not be used with this marker.

CONCLUSIONS:

I have been extremely pleased with my Tac-One. For scenario players, woodsballers, or recreational players, it is an excellent performer that will leave you smiling after a day of play. It certainly has the potential to be the last marker you ever purchase. For a great marker that doesn't require endless upgrades, the Tac-One is the way to go.

bit-wizard

Thumbs up Thanks once again

Thanks once again! I can't wait till my gun gets here. I may go ahead and get the ULT
    upgrade. all of yall have been alot of help.

Quote Originally Posted by HamMan
    Hi yall, I've got a couple questions.
    how many of yall like(or love) the tac one/x valve and level 10?
    is it worth it or should I get a ION or A-5 with a reactive trigger?
    I really want a Mag, but i would like to know if its worth it, how much trouble do yall have with these guns? do they leak alot? how easy is it to fix the problem, howlong does it take? would you rather have another marker?? thank you for your help.
    I'd like to put an 18 inch FREAk kit on a tac one with a Empire-B hopper.
    thanks again yall!!

Not trying to knock you.........But you come to AO asking an question for a very biased answer. Mags are and always have been easy to work on and now upgrade.I love all my Mags. Tippies are in second with anything by SP in dead last, but that is due to the bad business practices and the last few years having really crappy quality control.

SPECK Guest
    Mags are great, easy to maintain and respected everywhere. Once you get one you will never want another marker again, ever.

Dave

Land of the silent mag majority Spokane Washington.
    I love all my mags. The collection keeps growing .

From a player with sixteen years experience.

Get a gun that feels good for you, is reliable, does not need upgrades out of the box. It is nice to upgrade but you should not have to.

The only pro's that I can see in the A5 are.

It can run on HPA or Co2 under heavy fire night and day

However that loader is one of the worst things tippmann has ever done. It is the source of most of the gun failures at my field. Also the valve on them is a large source of problems too. Make sure you carry wrench's in your equipment.

Now I do know of a few A/5's that have never had a problem.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The ION has less upgrade paths then the A5,

Out of the box I dont think the ION has any pro's

Every ION that I have ever seen has consistency issues all of them are caused by the reg. Not right out of the box though. It will last for a little while of heavy use, But I can give a 90 percent guarantee that it will need replaced.

I am yet to hear anything good about the barrel on the ION.

I am sorry that I cant give anything positive about the ION. I really wish I could.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mag.

Reliability of the mag has been its saving grace even after all these years.
    If BPS is a large issue the mag can hand out nearly double the BPS as the other two(36 BPS on a bench test). Human limits have reached the limits of about 20-22 BPS
    It takes standard sniper/cocker threaded barrels.
    More upgrades are being released.
    Out of the box it needs no upgrades

RT and Xvalve can only run on HPA.
    Learning to trouble shoot them can be a PITA.

In the terms of getting a mag I would also carry an Oring kit a set of allen keys and a bottle of oil. those three things should fix 99 percent of any issues, That is when you should actually have them

The automag might not be the latest and greatest thing but its is more than a contender. And will easily keep pace with other top end guns, and is just as accurate. It will most likely be easier and less costly to repair if anything should ever go wrong.
    Last edited by chemical x; 01-22-2006 at 08:44 PM.

36 BPS seems a little farfecthed I hear the valve has been tested that hight but it does state that I guess the "offecial" BPS is 26BPS but of course you need extremly fast fingers!
    Im gunna try and find one of those guitar exersizer things. and use that to build my fingers up. and I might be able to get to 22-25BPS, which would wicked sweet. any suggestions on building your trigger fingers would be great. thanks

I found that bit of info at zack vetter but I will amend it to reflect human physical limit's.

36 BPS seems a little farfecthed I hear the valve has been tested that hight but it does state that I guess the "offecial" BPS is 26BPS but of course you need extremly fast fingers!
    They did it to prove some halo board could feed that fast. THey hooked it up to a scuba tank i think and were putting in like 2000psi. It was fun to watch because no two balls hit the same place

if you want to get 20bps or anything over 14-15bps out of a mech mag, it has to either be a pneumag or have an adjustable tank that goes to 900-1200psi. You're not going to get over 14-15bps without bounce or a pneumatic firing system. It's gonna be hard to get over even 12bps with a ULT'd mag with straight out semi-auto.

If you want to get your mag bouncing (can't do this in tournies), you need an adjustable tank. Centerflags, AA's, Max-Flos, and of course Flatlines work great.

Sorry, but excercising your fingers isn't going to get you over 14-15bps on any conventional mech gun. Like I said before, that's farfetched at that. 10-12bps is more realistic. Anyone on here telling you they can walk their ULT'd mag at 15bps is using a little bounce to help them.

If you want fast for cheap, a mag is not your best bet. If you want reliability, ease of maintenance, high consistancy, lightweight, compactness, etc, then a mag is right for you. The only things mags lack are affordable electro upgrades and efficiency. if you want your mag to be fast, you either have to be good at custom jobs, or you have to shell out a good amount of dough. If you want it to be more efficient... well you're out of luck.

efficient? what do you mean by that?

what do you mean by efficency?
    and are mags(x-valve)more consistent than an ION and if so ehat other higher end guns
    is it more consistent than?? I \m trying tohave a gun that is somewhat fast 12-16BPS and to
    be ery very consistent/accurate gun. small,lightweight,easy to maintain.kool,different
    in the future i WILL probely get a reg for my ai tank. is this still the gun for me??

I gues with the reg i can easyly out gun an ION and maybe a stock NYX??? I like to crawl alot so yea the mech part is great for me.

I love my mags. You get shot by one, you want to own one......... you own one, you have to have more. They are very addicting, and worth every penny spent. Hell AGD's customer service alone is worth it, but to get a rugged, reliable, easy to maintain marker to boot...... Get one asap!

i think by effiecient he means you will go through alot of air...so buy a scuba tank($80), costs 6 dollars to fill them and you can play all weekend long

i've got a 68 Ci tank ND GONE ALL T\DAY WITH IT ON 98 wich is an air hog.....you mean put a scuba tank on my gun???

If you can go all day with a 68 ci bottle on a 98 you will be fine with a Mag. Mags are a little more efficient than Tippmanns (my experience). If you get a Mag and decide that mech is not the way to go, you could get the Spyderframe conversion from Luke. It is an inexpensive electro upgrade that he is working on.

I had an A5 that was modded to look like a mp5 pdw. I used it one season on and off and my rt pro was way more accurate and shot farther I thought.