Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who likes their mag??

Every gun chrono'd at 280 will shoot the same distance. That's #1.

Accuracy is paint to barrel match & consistent airsource. That's #2.

Remember those 2 facts and you'll be ok around here.

Quote Originally Posted by CY-COE
    I had an A5 that was modded to look like a mp5 pdw. I used it one season on and off and my rt pro was way more accurate and shot farther I thought.

wow

holy cow! that was fast!

Quote Originally Posted by HamMan
    Hi yall, I've got a couple questions.
    how many of yall like(or love) the tac one/x valve and level 10?
    is it worth it or should I get a ION or A-5 with a reactive trigger?
    I really want a Mag, but i would like to know if its worth it, how much trouble do yall have with these guns? do they leak alot? how easy is it to fix the problem, howlong does it take? would you rather have another marker?? thank you for your help.
    I'd like to put an 18 inch FREAk kit on a tac one with a Empire-B hopper.
    thanks again yall!!

I would preferr any mag over an ion or a5.

With the xvalve/ lvl 10 you will not chop paint even if you try. You will have a very high rate of fire. As for porblems you can diagnos and fix any mag problem in less than 5 minutes once you are familiar with them. They really only have 2 problems. 1. you put it back together wrong or 2. an oring is bad. You will be pleased with a tac one.

kool

that sounds great there has to be more problems than that?
    just o rings and or putting the gun back together?and does it take 5 minits to replace an o ing...
    I just dont want to be on the field and hisssssssss...the gun is messed up and i have to call myself out.
    after a certain time period does the gun hae less and less problems?
    I hear its just the tuinig part that is like the fie minits thing..
    thanks

First off my mag is the 5th marker I've owned and I enjoy playing with it. Currently my other primary marker is a Palmer Typhoon. Both are relatively high-end mechanical markers, but I use them for different types of play. Also, most importantly to some people, the Typhoon does not have many upgrade available, a mag on the other had has MANY possible upgrade paths. RougeFactor, Tunaman, and Luke (just to name a few from the AO dealer forum) have great aftermarket upgrades for mags. My mag for example started out life as a minimag, now the only minimag parts left on it are the rail and sear. So if you enjoy customizing, or upgrading your marker over time a mag is a great way to go. Check some of the picture threads to see what others here on AO have done with their mags.
    Hope this helps,
    Earthy
    Palmer Typhoon
    Double Blade Trigger
    Vert Male Stab
    Minimag
    ULE Body
    Lvl 10 Bolt
    Blade Intelliframe
    12 Inch Lapco BigShot

I currently have 3 e-mags, and I will never play with another marker again, unless it's a pump. I love my 'mags! And the best part is, when I go to the field, I hear "oh, theres an A5, theres a DM5, theres a Timmy... what the hell is that?" And then I educate them on what an E-mag is :-D

It's definitely a very fun and unique marker to have, I'd go for the TacONE if I were you

-meaty
    Yeah, I have an E-Mag... so what if I play stock class instead???

?

I have one last remaining question...It's the most important in my opinion. don't tell
    me that mags are reliable da da dada.. I know they are.
    but how many people have had a mag leak on them in the middle of a game
    cause to shims, missplaced tuning in the lvl. 10 ect.
    I'f you have had any of these related problems and are just browsing this post..please please
    tell me if you have had problems and what are they..
    thank you:"

Thanks yall, I'll be buying a tac-one!
    yea i will probely go with a 16 inch freak instead.
    I own 2 A-5, an Xmag, RTpro etc. As for the A5 They are work horses, but kick kind of like a spyder. It is great for milsim and fun to modify. Check out opsgear.com . As for the Automags they work out of the box but can be fine tuned to prefection. Since the invention of the level 10 you can put on a elctro trigger frame and not have to worry about chopping or installing eyes. Check out http://www.lukescustoms.com This guy has a lot of great mods.........

I have one last remaining question...It's the most important in my opinion. don't tell
    I'f you have had any of these related problems and are just browsing this post..please please

One of the e-mags I got ended up leaking like... well, something that leaks a lot. This was mostly due to the fact that when I got it, the original o-rings were in it, and I dont think they saw oil for a long, long time. So it did end up leaking a lot, but a complete o-ring replacement procedure fixed it completely.

-meaty

I just bought a TacOne. I've been playing on and off for about 5 years. My previous guns are a Viper M1 and an early model impulse. The Impluse worked great when I first got it, and has then turned into a PITA. Its biggest problem is that it hasn't been very consistent velocity wise, the quality of it is pretty poor, and the maxflow in it has been problematic. So getting tired of working on my impulse, I bought a tac one. I love this gun. The first day I had it I played all day long, no chops, very consistent. Going from a electro to a mechanical trigger was pretty much a non issue. Towards the end of the day, and its first case of paint the level10 started to leak. Wasn't a big deal because I knew it was going to happen, and the gun still worked fine. Being an inexperienced mag owner, it did take me a while to fix the leak. I tried three different sized carriers before I figured out thanks to this forum to remove a shim. These things are really easy to work on. They way I look at it, its not about how much paint you can shoot. My impluse was a faster gun, but this gun is more reliable, and more importantly I can consistently get two shots in the same place. I quickly discovered the importance of this when I shot someone out through a slot in their bunker. If the gun shoots every time you pull the trigger, and every shot is the same as the one before it paintball becomes a lot more fun. I'm glad I bought my mag.

thanks

thanks that helps alot....could i take a case of paint, go out in the woods and shoot, and shoot unitl I get a leak repeat the process untill the gun "sets" and then not have to worry about it?? this of corse could take a week,

dude i got a x-mag and i LOVE it fast as hell, get a mag there are so many things you can do with them...

ahh

AHHH!!! I know their freaking awsome!!! OK?!
    stop telling me that, I'm starting to think yall work for Airgun and are just trying to sell me the gun
    good grief.

AHHH!!! I know their freaking awsome!!! OK?!
    stop telling me that, I'm starting to think yall work for Airgun and are just trying to sell me the gun
    good grief.
    I sometimes wish I had a job at AGD. Your last questions was something like, "will it leak in the middle of the game". My answer is, "maybe". When everything is new and breaking in it may develop a slight leak. 9 time out of 10 it is an oring. Not cut, but just not sealing. Just replace it and your golden. When everything is tuned in and broke in the marker will only need a few drops of oil and cleaning of dirt or paint ooz from the game. That is it. My classic Rt has been mine since '97. It has needed only a few banjo bolt orings, (not on any other mag but a classic rt) bolt bumpers, and a new reg piston assm when I got LVl10 bolt system. That is it! It has never needed anything else. Every oring in the valve is original vintage '97 issue except for the Lvl 10. The orings for the Lvl 10 are original ones installed 2 yrs ago with no leaks thus far. I've used KC trouble free oil from the get go and I've been trouble free. I hope this might clear up your question and give you a pretty good idea of what to expect as far as reliablity.

Reliability

Hi yall, I've got a couple questions.
    how many of yall like(or love) the tac one/x valve and level 10?
    is it worth it or should I get a ION or A-5 with a reactive trigger?
    I really want a Mag, but i would like to know if its worth it, how much trouble do yall have with these guns? do they leak alot? how easy is it to fix the problem, howlong does it take? would you rather have another marker?? thank you for your help.
    I'd like to put an 18 inch FREAk kit on a tac one with a Empire-B hopper.
    thanks again yall!!
    I got my Mag back in '94. It is still a level 7, bone stock. I have played tournaments, rec, scenarios, all types of play. I have only ever used HPA with it, never once CO2. I set my velocity once back in "95 to 278fps at a tournament and have never had to set it again. I clean and lube my gun after every day of play, and have never had to replace a seal or ring, only a few bolt springs which natually lose their tension after awhile anyway. (I run about 2 or 3 cases a month through it) I have had other markers all though the years, but none that I have kept as long as my Mag. In fact right now I only have my Mag and an '03 Cocker, which I use only as a loaner gun to friends. Mags are simple and reliable, period!

I have to say, I just got my TacOne not too long ago and I swear the more I shoot it the more I love it.

I am used to shooting Cockers and my Viking.

It my not be as efficent or as light but I just feels so good in my hands.

I can shoot what I carry so Im good LOL

exactly how long does it take for the LvL10 to "break"in?
    can goin out in the woods, shoot a case of paint speed things up??

me.

Yes.
    And once you break in that oring and find the right sized spacer, you wont have to mess with it for a very long time.

[sarcasm]I hate my mags, the 4 i own, and the other 2 that I dont anymore. HATE HATE HATE.
    [/saracsm]

I set both of mine up once and haven't had to dink with them again. It has been 2 years. I would say 2-3 cases it is broke in. Your going to know by then if changes will have to be made.

Same question CLICK HERE

How to Fly: Throw yourself at the ground and miss. "Hichikers guide to the Galaxy"

?

can i put a ule body on a tac rail?
    I want a classic looking mag. but with an X-valve,
    how much more is the x valve consistant/faster than the classic that comes on the pro classic??
    and can i put a ult on it?
    any money saving suggestions would be great!!
    THANKS A MUCH

personman Guest
    can i put a ule body on a tac rail?
    I want a classic looking mag. but with an X-valve,
    how much more is the x valve consistant/faster than the classic that comes on the pro classic??
    and can i put a ult on it?
    any money saving suggestions would be great!!
    THANKS A MUCH
    There's kind of no point of buying a tac one if you're going to replace the body. Go with a ULE Custom if you want a ULE body. Or there are other configurations you can buy, check out www.themagsmith.com and see the custom marker builder and the paradigm.
    The xvalve is alot faster than the classic (the classic valve on the proclassic is the same valve in all of the other types of classics, and minimags) because it has a reactive trigger and the design lets the valve recharge faster too. Yes you can put a ULT in a classic but you had better get the hang of pulling a mag trigger first because it will be easily shortstroked (when you dont pull and release the trigger all the way and the gun kind of 'half fires')
    My suggestion is get an xvalve, the ULT is not a nessecity, and not everybody likes it. You might find that you like the reactiveness of the stock on/off more than a softer trigger.

right I did some mathe and figured it would accually be less expencive for the tac one ..than starting with a pro classic.
    whats a ULE custom?? is that the same as a pro classic.

whats a ULE custom?? is that the same as a pro classic.
    I think what was ment was the RTpro custom. Base AGD price is $355 I believe currently. Decked out it falls in cheaper than the tac-1 because it uses the ULE body instead of the tac body. Tac body drives the price up.

Depends what type of play youre going to be into. If you want a sturdy gun that will last a few years atleast get a mag. If you want one with some speed either the ion or rtpro, emag/xmag. A5 I wouldnt waste my money on. It all depends on you. Now no more threads like this. Search, everyone makes these and answer the same questions.