Thread: Halo B and mag Problems

Halo B and mag Problems

I just got my Halo B back from servicing and i went out to test it on my mag.
    But my mag is a twist and lock body and i guess the halo has to much force on the paintballs and is pushing them past the stopper. Is there anything i can do to for this not to happen.

I plan on getting a ULE body eventually but i don't have the money to get one right now and i know that has ball detents.

Quote Originally Posted by >><<
    But my mag is a twist and lock body and i guess the halo has to much force on the paintballs and is pushing them past the stopper. Is there anything i can do to for this not to happen.

I plan on getting a ULE body eventually but i don't have the money to get one right now and i know that has ball detents.
    Downgrade your hopper?

isnt there seetings for that on the hopper try turning the settinsg down it may help not sure

There is a switch on the board that you can adjust the torque with. Turn it down.
    Last edited by 11 Bravo; 02-14-2006 at 12:42 AM.

Where's the switch at on the hopper?
    Do i need to take off one of theo shells or something.

You would have to take it all apart and look at the board. Honestly though you should either get a vert feed body like a ULE body or downgrade your hopper. Your mag can't shoot more then 13bps even with an RT or X-valve. So a rev. or even an egg would work better for you. The force feed on a Halo is made to keep up with electric guns that shoot 15bps consistantly.

Which barrel do you have? Does it have one detent or two? The old emag stock barrel has two detents and you can still get it from AGD.

I know what halo B's are made for i used to have a faster gun but downgraded to mag.
    I still have a another hopper to use but its ok
    Its not an emag barrel its just a regular mag barrel with clip thing as the ball stopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog
    You would have to take it all apart and look at the board. Honestly though you should either get a vert feed body like a ULE body or downgrade your hopper. Your mag can't shoot more then 13bps even with an RT or X-valve. So a rev. or even an egg would work better for you. The force feed on a Halo is made to keep up with electric guns that shoot 15bps consistantly.
    Sorry to burst you bubble fella, but my mag regularly out shoots my halo b. I have sound graphed up to 23 BPS.

Get the ULE body and killa magnetic detents, then your gun will really shoot tits. (Sorry that’s some funny slang I heard this weekend.)

Have you tried replacing the detents. Considering they are in the mag rebuild kit they must be a fairly common item. I use an Empire Reloader B on the lowest setting (I don't think the stock Halo has adjustable settings) with a twist lock single detent barrel without any problems.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Where's the switch at on the hopper?
    Do i need to take off one of theo shells or something.

It's on the board. I beleive it is called a pot switch(?) anyway it is a silver box with a plastic screw head in it. You will see where it has a slot for a small screw driver. Turning it counter clockwise will lower the torque. Note where it is set now so that if you need to you can return to stock settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog
    Funny... Manike has stated in the past that the force feed system is the preferable system even if not firing at high rates of fire. And I agree. I don't want the balls to have the opportunity to bobble in the stack, regardless of what speed Im shooting.

Alright i just took apart my halo looking for the little silver box and found nothing like a little box with a screw in the top. There was a little black box by were the wires go into it but there was no place for a small screw in it.

If i got the victory board for it would that help me since you can change the modes on it?

Get an Apache, they rock
    Lightest electro loader, and is just as fast as a Ego2, go to warpig and take a look at there testing that compaires all the loaders. They are cheap to I got mine for I think, $50.

The Victory board definately has the pot switch. That is what I am familiar with and assumed that the stock board would have it also.
    Sorry about that.

even with a ule body and empire b on the lowest setting i had double feeding problems, so you almost have to get the killa detends or get double detents
    Classic Automag w/AllAmerican barrel and ACI 6stage xchamber
    98Custom w/Lapco Big Shot, Rocket Cock

Quote Originally Posted by Chrishew09
    Get an Apache, they rock
    Lightest electro loader, and is just as fast as a Ego2, go to warpig and take a look at there testing that compaires all the loaders. They are cheap to I got mine for I think, $50.
    i agree!
    only thing i hate is the rubber grip bands on the neck, some gripping feeneck things cant grip them at all, unless you out them really high..... and the other thing is that therres a stupid plastic detent below the revolutioning part, and it makes it so you cant use it not on like a revvy. get a revvy if so needed, ive heard they can feed 14bps with an Xboard