Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Shatnerball 06 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by emax
    I've played a bit of woodsball here and there but I've never been to a scenario day/weekend. I've been wanting to get into scenario play for a while now but it's just too damned expensive... the charity/possibly meeting William Shatner angle has helped me rationalize the expense

Along with rudz questions what do you guys think I can expect as an entry fee? How long are the games? Is there a "respawn" rule if you're eliminated? This is just a 1 day thing, right? No camping? Do you carry EVERYTHING onto the field that you might need? I was at JI a couple of weeks ago, the day before the last Big Game, and there were doods out there in ghillie suits and carrying very large backpacks onto the field... Is that what a scenario noob should shoot for, preparation wise?

BTW, Pickle I LOVE that Crossfire field! We had 40 players on a side and it was like the opening D-Day scene on Saving Private Ryan... we had 13 people crowded behind some of the plywood Xs at the beginning of the game. Freaking Awesome! Trenches is pretty cool too with all that weed growth from the rains. Even though I'm a staunch woodsballer, JI is a damn good commercial field.
    Rudz had questions in there

Entry fee will be a bit higher than normal scenarios due to the charity aspect. The game will be a one dayer. There will be respawns there but the exact type has yet to be determined. Camping hasn't been announced yet. You might see a ghillie suit or two out there. Gunny has put a lot of work and money into the field. It is really looking nice. Hopefully you will make it to the next big game.
    "Don't hit at all if you can help it; don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep."
    -Theodore Roosevelt, February 17, 1899

Quote Originally Posted by rudz
    I was wondering about the gear thing too....neppo u better come...
    Never fear...Tim will be there...

clothing

my team uniform is woodland bdus but im looking at getting into the army desert uniform from the time period for this one might as well go all out

I'm so there! I passed it around to my paintball buddies that this was going down and have at least 2 other for-sures and 2 more maybe's.

From my experiences, I would guess that the entry fee will be less than $100, probaly $40-$60.

Cases of paint at the field look to look start at $60 for an un-named brand.

I was very impressed with the jersey's that I saw on the SPLATT video for the Star Trek themed game and would hope that this event does something similar. I'd pay top dollar for a cool collectable scenario jersey.

Sounds like it's going to be the british versus the germans. How cool would it be showing up in a german footsoldier uniform or british paratrooper duds! You could probably approximate the british outfit from a visit to an army-navy surplus store. The german uniform might be a lot harder to come up with, but oh-so worthy! Epaulets, Waffen-SS pins, jack-boots, monocle, a riding crop, and a bad german accent!

I'm also so torn on which marker to bring. My tried-n-true 1992 classic Automag or my brand-spankin-new XMOD'd Emag.

Oh delicious decisions!

Ummm...if I remember correctly, at the last scenario game the entry fee was $75 and that included the long sleeved t-shirt. You were able to purchase the official game jersey for a bit extra. Not sure the price, as I just used the t-shirt.
    "Do Not Trifle With Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Go Well With Brie"

In years past there has been "team Jerseys" (or in the case of 2004 - jerseys/t-shirts) that EVERYONE had to wear. That was your "arm band".

I have all three - the Federation Shirt (even though I wasn't there to play), US Cavalry (and bandit) and a blue gangster Jersey. All very cool!

Yes the price is usually a bit higher for the Shatner game but then again it is for charity! (so you can claim your day of paintball on your taxes!!!)

HOW DO I sign UP

Hey guys this would be my first time in a Shatnerball, since I been away from paintball, I live 1 hour away from where the event will be and me and my Emag want to be there. I hope Tom could sign her. She is a beauty to say the least. Anyway how do I sign up? When is the deadline. I am at work right now so I only got to read a couple posts on this thread. Crap here comes the boss. talk you guys later.

Quote Originally Posted by RavishingEddie
    Hey guys this would be my first time in a Shatnerball, since I been away from paintball, I live 1 hour away from where the event will be and me and my Emag want to be there. I hope Tom could sign her. She is a beauty to say the least. Anyway how do I sign up? When is the deadline. I am at work right now so I only got to read a couple posts on this thread. Crap here comes the boss. talk you guys later.

Here's the link to the official site. Sign up isn't posted yet, but keep checking back!

http://celebritypaintball.com/

yeah..

i cant wait i get all happy inside every time i read this thread..i might go to the filed next week..get a look around..so atleast i have a general idea of what it looks like..ive never played there..but they now have speedball fileds so ill be on those...same here..xmodded emag..i hope tom will also sign...or my viking..he vikings better on air..and i can go all day off my viking and 114 tank..but my devilmag will be here so now the chioce gets harder..either way this is gonna be so fun..i hope there are jerseys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rudz
    i cant wait i get all happy inside every time i read this thread..i might go to the filed next week..get a look around..so atleast i have a general idea of what it looks like..ive never played there..but they now have speedball fileds so ill be on those...same here..xmodded emag..i hope tom will also sign...or my viking..he vikings better on air..and i can go all day off my viking and 114 tank..but my devilmag will be here so now the chioce gets harder..either way this is gonna be so fun..i hope there are jerseys!!!
    Man I wish I had to choose between two wonderful guns like the Devil and the Emag. You are one lucky SOG. But I love my Emag it is all custom work and I think I am in love with her. The DM is sexy too but my heart is with her.

Ahhhhh. There's nothing so touching like the love between a man and his marker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    Ahhhhh. There's nothing so touching like the love between a man and his marker.
    Very true. I know my friends claim I strip naked, sit on the roof of my house blindfolded and clean my paintball gear then strip it, clean it again and reassemble.

Well .... okay maybe I don't do that sitting on my roof..........

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    We are also going to invite other big name celebrities since its so close to Hollywood. Don't know for sure yet but we have some fun people on the invite list.
    So you think there is a chance that the Governor might make it? Might be interesting to add a "terminator" into the scenario?
    I went like this
    He went like this then like this then like this
    Now he shoots a Mag too...

-JR

Smile

Its great that Shatnerball 2006 is going to happen. I flew out to participate in 2003 (New Milford, PA) and 2004 (Joiliet, IL) all the way from California and had a great time.

I don't know how the advertising is going about, but it would be great if AGD push some ads in the PB mags or Bill plug it at the conventions and interviews. With the event being so close to "Hollywood" AGD or whoever is in charge of organizing should truly make it a "Celebrity Paintball" scenario game. So for the rest of us, I guess we should also put the word out on the street about Tom and Bill bringing Shatnerball 4/Celebrity Paintball to SoCal. Mo' people = Mo' fun = Mo' Money for Charity

Looking forward to mixing it up again.
    Last edited by RABIJAY; 05-21-2006 at 11:56 PM. Reason: mis-spell

Now I'm sure we're all assuming that Shatner will be playing Field Marshall Montgomery? Has that been stated? Maybe he'd like to be the "Desert Fox"?

Guys,

Great to see that everyone is so excited!! Yes Bill is going to play Montgomery and I am the back up plan to play Rommel unless we get other celebs.

We are struggling trying to get the price of paint down for this event by signing on a big sponsor. This is a bit complicated and we are in negotiations now. We are well aware that CA is all bring your own paint and you can buy it cheap but this is a charity event and the paint money is what goes to the kids.

Bill is in Europe right now but he will send out the letters personally to the other celebs when he gets back. The letters are ready to go and I PROMISE you if we get them everyone will go nuts, heck I will go nuts!! Just so you know they are not top name people but from shows you love for their antics. Not being top flight there is a much better chance of signing them up.

When the right time comes I will (god voice) "FLEX THE POWER OF AO" and have you guys go flood their fan sites with requests to participate. That should lock them in....

AGD

Guys,

Great to see that everyone is so excited!! Yes Bill is going to play Montgomery and I am the back up plan to play Rommel unless we get other celebs.

We are struggling trying to get the price of paint down for this event by signing on a big sponsor. This is a bit complicated and we are in negotiations now. We are well aware that CA is all bring your own paint and you can buy it cheap but this is a charity event and the paint money is what goes to the kids.

Bill is in Europe right now but he will send out the letters personally to the other celebs when he gets back. The letters are ready to go and I PROMISE you if we get them everyone will go nuts, heck I will go nuts!! Just so you know they are not top name people but from shows you love for their antics. Not being top flight there is a much better chance of signing them up.

When the right time comes I will (god voice) "FLEX THE POWER OF AO" and have you guys go flood their fan sites with requests to participate. That should lock them in....

AGD
    Locked and loaded! Waiting for the word!

Don't sell yourself short. I've seen more people on a paintball field who know Tom Kaye over William Shatner.

I've been talking to the wife and we might have to jump ship with Bill and play German..... (she has some German/Russian background in her family - that she said the germans were always better dressers/uniforms)

And TINA - will chat with you later about going out there and dinner/dancing/etc

celebs

dont forget to invite ice t and the liquid ice crew

Quote Originally Posted by PirateGent
    Don't sell yourself short. I've seen more people on a paintball field who know Tom Kaye over William Shatner.

I've been talking to the wife and we might have to jump ship with Bill and play German..... (she has some German/Russian background in her family - that she said the germans were always better dressers/uniforms)

And TINA - will chat with you later about going out there and dinner/dancing/etc
    Can't wait!!!

Other cool stuff

When I used to play at War Zone (right down the 15 from JI and a loooonnnnng time ago with PMI 10-shot pump guns no less) there were a few guys who had some vintage aircraft (I think two P-51 Mustangs and an ME-109) that would occasionally buzz the field. Not real low, probably about 1000-2000 feet. It was the best! Even at that alt they were VERY LOUD! As I remember they flew out of Chino. Anyway, a cool addition to the day would be a flyover by these guys... if they're still around. I mean, if they're up in the air anyway why not come by? There's also a vintage B-17 I've seen fly out of Long Beach but that's all I know about them. If any of these guys/planes could make an appearance that just might augment the inflow a bit. Just an idea.

BTW, my wife and I wouldn't mind being German, too. This whole set-up made her think of Fightclub and the "I'd fight William Shatner," scene. Are players assigned sides? Would groups be split up when sides are assigned?

When I used to play at War Zone (right down the 15 from JI and a loooonnnnng time ago with PMI 10-shot pump guns no less) there were a few guys who had some vintage aircraft (I think two P-51 Mustangs and an ME-109) that would occasionally buzz the field. Not real low, probably about 1000-2000 feet. It was the best! Even at that alt they were VERY LOUD! As I remember they flew out of Chino. Anyway, a cool addition to the day would be a flyover by these guys... if they're still around. I mean, if they're up in the air anyway why not come by? There's also a vintage B-17 I've seen fly out of Long Beach but that's all I know about them. If any of these guys/planes could make an appearance that just might augment the inflow a bit. Just an idea.

BTW, my wife and I wouldn't mind being German, too. This whole set-up made her think of Fightclub and the "I'd fight William Shatner," scene. Are players assigned sides? Would groups be split up when sides are assigned?

That would be really cool with the fly bys! In 2004 Billy boy and company arrived in Model T cars (hey it was gangster themed!)

Normally you would pick a side when you prereg. If things get unbalanced they usually say so and after that point you get assigned. So when they open the gates ... SIGN UP EARLY!

ao

i say we go ao..and mag company vs..the world!!!!!

i plan on going on tom's side for this shatnerball. i've wanted to go to the previous but i didn't have the cash, this time i do. i'm bringing my emag and maybe my p-90mag(if i get it working). my main problem is the tank, i know some people offered to bring them to the field, but that still concerns me. are there any paintball stores very close by? i just may buy a new tank when i get there and ship it home afterwards.

*edit* i'll probably just wander aroudn looking for a store once i get there.
    Last edited by tribalman; 05-26-2006 at 01:15 AM.
    e-mag 226
    flashed with 1.31

yup

a cc paintball shop in corona..another in norco..gramps and grizzlies in riverside..all very close..

stores

there is a few more store in hemet and in moreno valley if you want i can look up the addresses and send them too you another option is to contact those stores and see if they can hold your current tank fo you till you pick it up let me know if you want those addys ill post them

Paintball stores

There's one called AA Paintball @ Pierce and the 91 behind Farmer Boys (fast food place) in Riverside. Great place, good people, excellent prices (20oz CO2 fill only $1). Not super close to JI but closer than Gramp & Grizzlys. G&G is good too but expect to end up talking to Gramp awhile if it's not busy... great guy, but he's a talker!

yup

There's one called AA Paintball @ Pierce and the 91 behind Farmer Boys (fast food place) in Riverside. Great place, good people, excellent prices (20oz CO2 fill only $1). Not super close to JI but closer than Gramp & Grizzlys. G&G is good too but expect to end up talking to Gramp awhile if it's not busy... great guy, but he's a talker!

Spent a few hours talkin to him..lol..only shop around that has an emag for sale on his wall..he won't carry the new snazzy fandagled watchamacallits but he has great stuff and is a great guy...he knows his stuff

Angry

Doesn't look like it is gonna happen for me this year. Too far away and not enough time this year. Wish it could though!!! Have a blast and take some good pics.
    "Increasingly, people seem to misinterpret complexity as sophistication, which is baffling -- the incomprehensible should cause suspicion rather than admiration. Possibly this trend results from a mistaken belief that using a somewhat mysterious device confers an aura of power on the user." -Niklaus Wirth

well

well my gun and gear are going to jungle islnad on moday..i have to work..but a buddy asked if he could borrow some gear..hes never played..so im lettin him use my viking ( not my mags!!!) a huge tank and a halo..checked to make sure its all good to go..and double checked..so well im not goin to JI yet but my gun will tell me all about it..lol