Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Shatnerball 06 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by emax
    When I used to play at War Zone (right down the 15 from JI and a loooonnnnng time ago with PMI 10-shot pump guns no less) there were a few guys who had some vintage aircraft (I think two P-51 Mustangs and an ME-109) that would occasionally buzz the field. Not real low, probably about 1000-2000 feet. It was the best! Even at that alt they were VERY LOUD! As I remember they flew out of Chino. Anyway, a cool addition to the day would be a flyover by these guys... if they're still around. I mean, if they're up in the air anyway why not come by? There's also a vintage B-17 I've seen fly out of Long Beach but that's all I know about them. If any of these guys/planes could make an appearance that just might augment the inflow a bit. Just an idea.

BTW, my wife and I wouldn't mind being German, too. This whole set-up made her think of Fightclub and the "I'd fight William Shatner," scene. Are players assigned sides? Would groups be split up when sides are assigned?
    They had a big air show at Chino last weekend with tons of WWII aircraft. I remember playing at SC during last year and you would have thought it was Pearl Harbor all over again there were so many. There must have been over 50 WWII aircraft ranging from Japan, British, German, and Allied.
    Sorry, I'm old

nice

that would be so sweet

For all of you coming to Shatnerball, it is going to be hot, hot, hot. You might want to bring a Camelback or something for when you are on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by kopfjaeger
    For all of you coming to Shatnerball, it is going to be hot, hot, hot. You might want to bring a Camelback or something for when you are on the field.
    Hydration is key!

The closest store is CC Paintball in Corona. They have the best selection and customer service in the area IMHO.

Warzone? Played my first game there. I miss it.

There is a vintage aircraft club that flies out of Chino. I do know that some of them hire out for flights in them. That is definitely an idea to consider.
    "Don't hit at all if you can help it; don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep."
    -Theodore Roosevelt, February 17, 1899

Here is the site for the Airshow in Chino. http://www.planesoffame.org/menu.php

Pretty cool site and I was impressed with the planes that they have flying around there, I mean they have a flying wing for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by kopfjaeger
    Is it really that hot in September? I went to LA end of June last year and it was really mild...in the 70's. Whereas back at home in Pa it was in the 90s!
    "Do Not Trifle With Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Go Well With Brie"

Yay! Driving distance for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    Is it really that hot in September? I went to LA end of June last year and it was really mild...in the 70's. Whereas back at home in Pa it was in the 90s!
    It can get hot in September. But the average Fall temp is 70.

does anyone know a rental place in the area that will rent out a car to a teen? ...does a rental place that rents out cars to teens even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
    does anyone know a rental place in the area that will rent out a car to a teen? ...does a rental place that rents out cars to teens even exist?

doubt it..highly..buts its cali..just bring a slim jim with ya and you are bound to get lucky

bummer, i don't want to rely on buses and taxis

Car Rental

Quote Originally Posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
    It would be easier stealing one. Min age for rental is 25 but you may be able to find a mom and pop place that will rent to 21s.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by emax
    It would be easier stealing one. Min age for rental is 25 but you may be able to find a mom and pop place that will rent to 21s.

yeah but those cars are all stolen..be cheaper to steal it ur self..

Quote Originally Posted by rudz
    doubt it..highly..buts its cali..just bring a slim jim with ya and you are bound to get lucky
    I rented one at the age of 21 from Budget. However they charge you a extra fee for being under age.

You got to be prepared...

What do Californians call "hot"? Last weekend (Memeorial Day) at the MOUT game in Florida it hit 107 degrees. If you are not acclimated to the enviroment you are playing in, you are at risk of heat related injury. Several folks went down from the temperature and lack of hydration

Scenario ballers normally call this a sprint game, which means you will be hitting the field for presumably longer times and shorter breaks to cram in as much paintball as you can in the time allotted. Hydration is of the highest priority, you must start hydrating your body five days prior to game on with water, and then slamming water, gatorade and pediolite through the event.

Nothing sucks more than having an IV hanging from your arm as your friends tell you to feel better then they go off to play. Invest in a Camelback style hydration pack. You can get them on Ebay at a good price and it really can save your butt.

I was the Ultimate Judge for the 2004 Celebrity Paintball event in Joliet, and my day was spent more taking care of the folks who kept dropping from the heat and dehydration than game related duties.

Bobby"Trips"Goedecke
    MXS ULTIMATE JUDGE
    2006 EMPIRES Series
    "RULE YOUR EMPIRE"
    Tea drinking, skirt wearing, poodle walkers need not apply....and for God's sake man, Bring your friggin "A" game next time, will ya

Corona and LA are in two different areas for temperature. It is usually 10+ degrees warmer in Corona then it is in LA.

Yep, it is hotter than 'LA'.
    I reside about 60 miles due west of the field and it typically is about 20 degrees hotter there than where I am.
    Last edited by dsrkd; 06-04-2006 at 10:58 AM.

I really want to go to this. Hmmmm....

Talking yupyup

Quote Originally Posted by Mango
    I really want to go to this. Hmmmm....

i done heard abt you mr, you better make an appearance

Minimum age for renting cars is usually 25. However, there is a company or two that will rent to 21 and up. Teens isn't going to happen though. IF you are flying in I am sure something can be worked out to get you to the field and back.

Oh good I haven't missed anything.

Was away for the weekend for Pyropaintball's NJ NAM paintball game!

Inserted via Helicopter (A REAL HELICOPTER!!!) - very cool.

well its within driving distance (600 miles) and im 16 but dont have my license so dad will have to come. Is it reasonable? do many my age show up ever?

I went to a AO-Day down in Dalton GA (about a 7 hour trip from me) when I was 17 but I had my own car and license at that point plus I went with a friend. I had a great time at it but was younger compared to most of people out there, still had an awesome time meeting people. It is possible but make sure your dad will enjoy it too, haha you wouldnt just want to drag him around.

:osting so I can get email notices again::

maxama10, pretty much just try to find people from AO to hang around. i'm sure it can't be to hard. just yell out "AO rocks!" and see who responds.

if you dont want to go that way, just look out for people like you. kinda alone, minding their own business. go over and talk to them. you can meet some very nice cool people as long as you are also curteous and friendly. this is how i meet some of my paintball buddies.

either way should make for a fun time!
    e-mag 226
    flashed with 1.31

Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    :osting so I can get email notices again::
    And here I just thought you were posting so I wouldn't forget you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle
    The closest store is CC Paintball in Corona. They have the best selection and customer service in the area IMHO.
    CC Paintball has 2 locations. Their second shop is in Norco near SC Village. Corona is off the 91 FWY. CC Paintball is great. I know theres 3 other places but I mainly goto CC in Norco cuz it down the street. Everyone there and at Corona are friendly and welcome anyone.

Theres also Ace Paintball which is across the street from CC Norco. Tripple Tap Paintball & airsoft is one exit after CC Corona. I think there another store, not sure whats its call but it near CC Corona too. They sell more of the main stream stuff, but I think if you really need something fixed I would goto Corona. I rarely goto CC Corona or anyother stores.

They don't carry Mags or mag parts. So if think you're gonna break something, bring spares.

Hmmm if Emax is talking about Gramps & Grizzly second in Norco? They sold the shop to CC I think.

My uncle wanted to rent a gun for his wife from CC but CC stopped cuz something about insurance didnt cover it anymore.

Maybe I'll go an get my bro to go. We never played at Jungle before. I take it that Shatnerball is welcome to anyone and markers? If theres flyer done I would be happy to print it out and ask CC to put it up. I have to go there right now anyways.

I can't wait, I go to SC all the time but never got around to Jungle Island. My dad's a trekkie (sp? lol) and he's more excited about it than I am. The moment I told him Shatner would be there, he marked it on the calender.

And yes, HYDRATE YOURSELVES. Corona is hell during the summer, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateGent
    And here I just thought you were posting so I wouldn't forget you.

Awwwww. Now, how could you forget lil ole me?

Quote Originally Posted by RedEyes
    CC Paintball has 2 locations. Their second shop is in Norco near SC Village. Corona is off the 91 FWY. CC Paintball is great. I know theres 3 other places but I mainly goto CC in Norco cuz it down the street. Everyone there and at Corona are friendly and welcome anyone.

Theres also Ace Paintball which is across the street from CC Norco. Tripple Tap Paintball & airsoft is one exit after CC Corona. I think there another store, not sure whats its call but it near CC Corona too. They sell more of the main stream stuff, but I think if you really need something fixed I would goto Corona. I rarely goto CC Corona or anyother stores.

They don't carry Mags or mag parts. So if think you're gonna break something, bring spares.

Hmmm if Emax is talking about Gramps & Grizzly second in Norco? They sold the shop to CC I think.

My uncle wanted to rent a gun for his wife from CC but CC stopped cuz something about insurance didnt cover it anymore.

Maybe I'll go an get my bro to go. We never played at Jungle before. I take it that Shatnerball is welcome to anyone and markers? If theres flyer done I would be happy to print it out and ask CC to put it up. I have to go there right now anyways.

Don't forget about the paintball shops south of there, I seem to remember visiting No Limit paintball off of jefferson and winchester road in temecula, and Bryson Paintball which has a location off of rancho california rd, also in temecula. Gramps is in Riverside now, and he's got a small shop off of Arlington and Van Buren in Riverside, if you got a problem with an older model gun he can ussually fix it.

Btw I've held that e-mag he has at the store and drooled over it a few times.