Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: 07 AGD emag...kinda

Well you guys are lucky....I don't think we have any dealers here in Australia that are getting these in at all

WOOT Got mine, and egads this sucker is light.

You are probably right Geek your being punished

Ahh sweet a fellow Aussie =) and only live 500 miles or so from where I was born =) Was born in Exmouth. Though you probably cannot tell my name is actually after an australian Lizard (course I misspelled it) a Perentie.

Oh nearly forgot, I had wanted a black one but instead got a SILVER LE athe finish is more of a dust silver and actually like it as its not a fingerprint nightmare that the gloss ones are and has a real nice feel to it. Only gripe is that my serial number is like 1178 .

Had a 88/45 and a 68/45 with me when I picked it up and completely drained both tanks there dry firing it =). Definately needs a 45/45 on it to really balance it out with a Halo on top. 68/45 the marker is too far away from ya but not as bad as say the stock ion with its duckbill.
    Last edited by Piranti; 12-21-2006 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piranti
    WOOT Got mine, and egads this sucker is light.
    I saw in another thread you said your WWA barrel wouldnt fit another mini, does it fit yours ok?

Hrm, forgot to check that barrel was too excited although did try my UL and Freak both of which did fit, will hafta remember to do that when I get home from work today.

Don't worry geek you won't be the last one.. earliest I'm expecting mine is January.. local proshop won't even order them in until they do a large order of NPS stuff.

Im expecting mine in Feb, when I said I needed it....
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

For Geekwarrior

Heres a ****ty pic of mine taken on a cellphone in the office.

^^^^^^^Hahaha, that's great..........in the office. Ah, I can't wait for my silver one.

Heres a ****ty pic of mine taken on a cellphone in the office.

I only took the damn pic cause your razr was crappier than my cheap *** nokia!
    Apologize to my cell phone! She maybe ugly but she gets the job done

Are you saying fat chicks need love too ?

Are you saying fat chicks need love too ?

hey fat= more cushion for the pushin

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    Im expecting mine in Feb, when I said I needed it....
    Currently I think I'm down to a classic mag and my Pro-E tippmann, and no tanks.
    Otherwise I have a Sweet Vlocity.
    But I said I'd buy from my shop and that's what I'm sticking to.

Also at least it's not a camera phone from the 80s those suckers were huge.

slight issue

Hey guys if your bolt is getting scratched from the spring you're going to have to sand or dremmel the springs edge where it's scratching and also in the areas where the bolt was damaged. Piranti discovered this early on his bolt and spring assembly. I discovered this late on mine. Played with it at HSP and the damage on the bolt caused the bolt to catch on the spring and the gun began leaking out the front. We took apart the marker and discovered no major issues except for the damage the spring was causing the bolt. So the gun was out of comission for the last half of the day. Went back to using my RT. Went to Piranti's afterwards since he had a dremel and he went ahead and smoothed out the damage to the bolt and smoothened the edge of the spring so it wouldn't scratch anymore.

The markers back in working order.

So guys, look out for that wear on your bolt.

Is that the only issue you've found so far? I've been hearing rumors of other things acting up. I haven't picked mine up yet so it would be good to know the good, bad and the ugly about the gun from guys who have played with them. Maybe you'd let me borrow it for a day to try it out. I can get you into HSP sometime in return.

anyone else had a battery problem in their's? I've yet to use mine, just had it on to tune the trigger for like an hour max, and I've had to change the batteries 3 times already. but all the batteries still seem to have a plenty powerful charge
    Last edited by fullofpaint; 12-31-2006 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fullofpaint
    anyone elkse ahd a batteru problwm in there's? I've yet to use mine, jsut had it on to tune the trigger for like an hour max, and I've had to change the batteries 3 time already. but all the batteries still seem to have a plenty powerful charge
    board's have been a problem, mine sometimes shuts off plus they wanna check the damage the spring did to the bolt, so I sent it to them. Hopefully it's back by next ao meet.

yea my dad was pretty bummed out about this, he got this to replace our 06 Black Magic that was jsut problem after problem, we hoped to use it yesterday in our big game, but no luck, had to go back to the old standby the Tac-one

I had/have the the board problem. Shuts off randomly now and than. Don't have the spring wear, or really any other problems....yet. I'm sure there will be some. On pbnation, they're saying that their holding on releasing any more mini's until they resolve all the issues. Thats the rumor anyway. I have yet to field test mine. Was going to yesterday, had an issue with the bolt blowing forward and air gushing down....simple fix, just fire it without air a couple times, but I didnt know this when I was out at the field, so I ended up playing pump most of the day. Hopefully after the new year, they start giving out more info/support. I still think its a great gun, just going to need the normal bugs that come with a new design to be worked out.

Newton, MA :) (Moved, but still a Boston boy!)
    Being an AGD loyalist since I started playing (2001, so I'm not old school, more like medium-school hahaha), seeing this marker and the Proto Rail make me cringe. Not because they're bad, the complete opposite. This is really the next generation of marker (quality, effective, simplistic design, and affordable) and AGD was sooooooo close to it they could have come up with it first as they were the only people with this basic concept for so long. Let me explain:

Invert has done a phenomenal job taking some core, general ideas found in the mag (single tube, air coming from the back, spring return, etc) and expanded on them so much they only keep traces of the original idea while becoming something original (and... I hate to say this.. sorry Mr. Kaye... superior). No new product in ANY industry is completely different from the generation prior to it. Common design features in cars (front wheel drive vs. rear wheel drive, location of the engine, etc) have evolved over time, manufacturers trying new ideas based off old ones, the good ones sticking but each brand slightly different. It's happened in paintball too. All paintball guns have a basically identical shape (barrel, body, front grip, feed neck slightly behind the front grip, etc). This idea worked, so it stuck. Being AO, we should respect that the general idea of single tube and a spring return long-ago made popular by Mr. Kaye is now becoming the norm! They are GENERAL ideas which have now been incorporated with new technology which lead to evolution. The ideas of ball detents, clamping feednecks, front grips, and threaded barrels are general ideas based off prior ideas with some general commonalities but still new and revolutionary (All are examples of things AGD have changed after other manufacturers incorporated them: remember minimags with quarter-turn barrels, wire nubbins, powerfeed, CO2 tank vertically screwed in?). That is exactly what is happening here... one idea evolving of an earlier form of it and becoming something that is really new and revolutonary.

Manike is a very smart guy (and he's British like me which earns him a bonus point or two haha) and through his work he has caused an evolutionary jump in paintball gun manufacturing vs. the normal crawling evolution we've seen for years (like Angels: great guns, but the core concept hasn't changed at all, just small improvements). Excellent work Manike, I just got back into the game and something like this (an affordable, quality, and effective marker that doesn't cost a grand) has been long overdue. Though I may change my opinion on that the first time I go to the field and get lit up by ten brats all at once cause they can now afford a fast paintball gun like the Invert Mini, lol, I am not looking forward to that. I'm old now, I can't dive like I used to. jk. Congrats! Great work!
    Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...hreadid=105565
    Feedback on EBAY under QUINCYMASSGUY
    Good traders: paintcatcher, a few others

Quote Originally Posted by QUINCYMASSGUY
    Being an AGD loyalist since I started playing (2001, so I'm not old school, more like medium-school hahaha), seeing this marker and the Proto Rail make me cringe. Not because they're bad, the complete opposite. This is really the next generation of marker (quality, effective, simplistic design, and affordable) and AGD was sooooooo close to it they could have come up with it first as they were the only people with this basic concept for so long. Let me explain:

Invert has done a phenomenal job taking some core, general ideas found in the mag (single tube, air coming from the back, spring return, etc) and expanded on them so much they only keep traces of the original idea while becoming something original (and... I hate to say this.. sorry Mr. Kaye... superior). No new product in ANY industry is completely different from the generation prior to it. Common design features in cars (front wheel drive vs. rear wheel drive, location of the engine, etc) have evolved over time, manufacturers trying new ideas based off old ones, the good ones sticking but each brand slightly different. It's happened in paintball too. All paintball guns have a basically identical shape (barrel, body, front grip, feed neck slightly behind the front grip, etc). This idea worked, so it stuck. Being AO, we should respect that the general idea of single tube and a spring return long-ago made popular by Mr. Kaye is now becoming the norm! They are GENERAL ideas which have now been incorporated with new technology which lead to evolution. The ideas of ball detents, clamping feednecks, front grips, and threaded barrels are general ideas based off prior ideas with some general commonalities but still new and revolutionary (All are examples of things AGD have changed after other manufacturers incorporated them: remember minimags with quarter-turn barrels, wire nubbins, powerfeed, CO2 tank vertically screwed in?). That is exactly what is happening here... one idea evolving of an earlier form of it and becoming something that is really new and revolutonary.

Manike is a very smart guy (and he's British like me which earns him a bonus point or two haha) and through his work he has caused an evolutionary jump in paintball gun manufacturing vs. the normal crawling evolution we've seen for years (like Angels: great guns, but the core concept hasn't changed at all, just small improvements). Excellent work Manike, I just got back into the game and something like this (an affordable, quality, and effective marker that doesn't cost a grand) has been long overdue. Though I may change my opinion on that the first time I go to the field and get lit up by ten brats all at once cause they can now afford a fast paintball gun like the Invert Mini, lol, I am not looking forward to that. I'm old now, I can't dive like I used to. jk. Congrats! Great work!
    I agree with you as far as the Mini being a gun of the future. But I have a hard time imagining that it is what every mag would like to be when it grew up The mag is still capable of hitting higher bps and frankly smaller is not always better. The 07 Ego weighed exactly the same as the mini when they were weighed in front of me and the Ego felt more comfortable on my hands. The owner of the store also told me "Can you feel the difference in quality" Well, at that moment I felt like taking out my custom built mag and saying "Can you feel the quality?" Don't get me wrong I think the mini took the largest step in gun evolution compared to the others, but I can't imagine the AGD LIONS printed on a gun that felt like a toy and being told that it came second to another in terms of quality. The gun is killer for its price range, but should not be compared to a mag because its not.

In a house... on a street... in a neighborhood... maybe your neighborhood!
    Quote Originally Posted by manike
    I've probably said too much already. I've booked marked this thread. I'll bring it back up in a year and let's see what you all think then.

Let's see what has happened with the Mini then, and lets see how many people take features and design points from the Mini and try to implement them in other products.

It's been just over a year... just wanted to drag this beast back from the depths.

Why? Seriously?

I know you have that username and all, but random OT necroposts are inane.

In a house... on a street... in a neighborhood... maybe your neighborhood!
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden
    Why? Seriously?

I know you have that username and all, but random OT necroposts are inane.
    Uh, maybe because of what Manike was quoted about? What's your problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Resurection
    Uh, maybe because of what Manike was quoted about? What's your problem?

Prob the fact that you pulled a thread out of the closet that has not been posted on in over a year would be my thinking. Some things need to stay in the closet.
    Due to the objections of a certain Canadian, this space is now for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurection
    It's been just over a year... just wanted to drag this beast back from the depths.

Wow been a year since the Mini came out - kinda scary that went by fast.

One year and not a single performance based upgrade from Invert for the Mini BUT we got some silly new grips! - Regulator is still not user serviceable, no On/off or pressure release system for degassing the gun, people still having poppet problems, 3 new bolts out for it (2 of them have some serious issues) NDZ is making back caps and detent covers in different colors and shapes, CP never did come out with anything for it.

as far as others using these dieas, I didnt see that a lot - I think Kingman made a rgulator with on/off for their guns, but nobody ran with the gas thru grips, electronics in the front, or any of those ideas - the paintball world peretty well maintained status quo for the last year.

Wish there were more "inovations" for the Mini, but all in all, mine has not given me any realproblems, just wish the regulator was a little more consistent and it could handle cold weather/paint a little better.

Styg
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL