Thread: Go vote today!

Go vote today!

Seriously, go do it. If you're 18, gogogoogogogogo!
    Calling all Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, and other east coast AOers...

AO Mid-Atlantic Meet (planning stages)

Let us know what dates and locations work for you!!

but there's nobody to vote for

Psh, y'all are behind the times. I voted like, three weeks ago. Yay absentee ballots!

Quote Originally Posted by tropical_fishy
    Psh, y'all are behind the times. I voted like, three weeks ago. Yay absentee ballots!
    I didn't fill out my absentee ballot in time because I'm a procrastinating douchebag. So I get to drive the three hours home, vote, then get back to school in time to write a paper and get it to my philosophy professor by midnight! Yahoo!

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheCow
    I didn't fill out my absentee ballot in time because I'm a procrastinating douchebag. So I get to drive the three hours home, vote, then get back to school in time to write a paper and get it to my philosophy professor by midnight! Yahoo!
    well, if you still have your absentee ballot, fill it out and just drop it off. That way you dont have to wait in line.

Quote Originally Posted by geekwarrior
    but there's nobody to vote for

Theres always SOMEBODY to vote for. Please people get off your arses and be heard, this is your chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwitch
    Theres always SOMEBODY to vote for. Please people get off your arses and be heard, this is your chance.

oh, I'm still voting, there's nobody to vote for, but there are alot of things to vote against. dumb CA govt.

oh, I'm still voting, there's nobody to vote for, but there are alot of things to vote against. dumb CA govt.

just go down the republican column and then check no on all spending initiatives

I did that last week. Except it was that my parents decided to come visit me from California and I had like, two hours to finish the last part of this crazy 10 page paper on human rights or something like that. I don't really remember writing most of it, except the part on "education, and the effects of education on people who consider other humans to be sub-human." Mmmmf, I am too pragmatic to be a philosopher.

Precisely! Go vote or STFU about the state of the USA!

Wait... there's elections going on?

I would, but I'm 17...
    We've did a mock vote today in government class though. Yay prop 86! (california)
    you know you play this game too much when the neighbors stop fixing their broken windows...

Quote Originally Posted by jenarelJAM
    We've did a mock vote today in government class though. Yay prop 86! (california)
    yeah more taxes!

Done.

Hey, I'm all for taxes that help hospitals. I'm also completely for the end of smoking. It's a win-win for me. While smokers might think it's not fair, remember that smoking is a luxury, not something you "need." If it stops kids from starting to smoke, I'll support it.
    If enough people think it's a bad idea, it won't pass. Otherwise, it will. Deal.

Ya but to go out and say that people are going to ban smoking, they should ban drinking too. Its a luxury and if it helps stop underage drinking

BTW smoking addiction is second only to heroin. So the majority of people will not be able to just quit.

Quote Originally Posted by tropical_fishy
    same here
    bless, support, and never forget the troops
    God bless my cousin: Cprl. Peter J. Giannopoulos K.I.A. 11/11/04 in Latifiyah, Babil Provence, Iraq.

Holy crap, I'm going crazy, our senate race is still undecided with less than a 2,000 vote margin... makes me glad I made the trip to vote though.

Anyone watch Hacking Democracy? It's disturbing, to say the least. Anyone vote on a Diebold system?

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis
    Anyone watch Hacking Democracy? It's disturbing, to say the least. Anyone vote on a Diebold system?
    I had to use a Diebold today because my district polling place ran out of ballots.

While choosing through candidates on the Diebold, I kept thinking back to the picture of the Diebold company van with the Cheney/Bush bumper sticker. Not exactly the best thing to inspire confidence in a supposdly foolproof way of voting.

No matter what your political views are-- to everyone that voted!
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

My Feedback

yeah more taxes!
    WORK HARDER!
    Millions of people on well fare depend on you!
    "I want to thank the Canadian people who came out to wave, with all five fingers, for their hospitality,” -President Bush (Tuesday November 30/04)

Quote Originally Posted by bornl33t
    WORK HARDER!
    Millions of people on well fare depend on you!
    And how bout that edumacation system, huh? Well fare ftw! (That's a tax on being healthy, by the way).

Montana needs to hurry up and get its act together, I'm going crazy here.

Montana needs to hurry up and get its act together, I'm going crazy here.
    meh....either party isnt going to be able to fix whats wrong with this country

wouldnt it be great to be a politician? that has to be one of the easiest jobs around.

Quote Originally Posted by jenarelJAM
    Hey, I'm all for taxes that help hospitals. I'm also completely for the end of smoking. It's a win-win for me. While smokers might think it's not fair, remember that smoking is a luxury, not something you "need." If it stops kids from starting to smoke, I'll support it.
    If enough people think it's a bad idea, it won't pass. Otherwise, it will. Deal.

Ditto paintball, non-reproductive sex, drinking anything but water, food that does not meet a specific nutritional value

If you start banning one persons "luxury".....
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

In ohio... we just outlawed smoking everywhere except private homes, inside your car, and private fully family owned/operated businesses.

If you are seen smoking in public or a place of commerce you get a big fine. For example... malls, parks, sidewalks, BARS, STRIPCLUBS, BOWLING ALLEYS, resaraunts, etc. are all illegal places to smoke unless there is a separate closed off "smoking" lounge with separate ventilation.

here in madison, smoking isnt allowed in any restaurant or bar. but you can do it anywhere else pretty much. deffinately does make it nice to be in a restaurant and not be breathing in alot of smoke.

the thing that suprised me/ pissed me off about this election was that the ban on gay marriages and any civil union actually passed.
    President Of the UW-Madison Badger Ballers

AO Feedback

1 of 35 SFL Emags VV02746
    Silver Karta/Logic RT Winner:GOTM Most Bling for December VV04971
    Sydarm SY00715
    Nelspot (under restoration)

Quote Originally Posted by White_Noise
    the thing that suprised me/ pissed me off about this election was that the ban on gay marriages and any civil union actually passed.
    Same in Virginia. I guess I was too optimistic in hoping people would actually read the proposal and be aware of the numerous flaws, even if they weren't actually in favor of gay marriage.

Haha

Michigan voted last time to ban gay marriage - I mean, "protect marriage"

This time we voted to do away with affirmative action, because denying anyone rights or giving preferential treatment would be wrong....