Thread: Malcolm in the Middle

Malcolm in the Middle

I was just watching this and the episode that was on was the one where lois went out of town, hal tore apart their bedroom, and malcolm's friend, dabne or whatever, had his birthday party. For his birthday he got a paintball gun from his grandfather and they call it some weird name and say it's the best gun you can buy, and it's not clear what kind of gun it is (i thought it was a spyder or a blowback marker of the like). Well when they actually go paintballing you can clearly see he has a classic mag with an annoed hard line and powerfeed, as does everyone else. I thought this was cool, though i'm sure some may find it pointless.

Well if they said "best gun ever" it must have been a mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff
    Well if they said "best gun ever" it must have been a mag.
    They named it the ultrawhatever 3000 (somthing along those lines with 3 or 4000 in the name) but when they shot them they were unmistakeably mags. I started wondering if one of the prop people was a mag fan, then realized that they probably weren't since they had shop goggles instead of something that would actually do them good.

Sigh, TV will never get paintball right. Shop goggles=shop work, paintball goggles=paintball
    I can't feel my toes . . .

It was a stacked tube blowback if I recall (in one of those "powerpacks" with a small tank and vl200 and such). People don't know the difference between that and a 1500 electropneumatiwhatever so it's all the same.

If the writers/prop directors for the show played paintball (and knew about it), it might have been a gag to the gun being a pos. who knows...
    Andy "Ydna" DuBuc
    Nummech Products & ZDSPB

Quote Originally Posted by Ydna
    If the writers/prop directors for the show played paintball (and knew about it), it might have been a gag to the gun being a pos. who knows...
    Every TV show I've seen uses some cheap VL or PMI marker. Fear Factor had a stunt where the contestants had to shoot bottles of liquor with a paintball gun, it was the same thing, just some walmart special.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    Quote Originally Posted by robnix
    Every TV show I've seen uses some cheap VL or PMI marker. Fear Factor had a stunt where the contestants had to shoot bottles of liquor with a paintball gun, it was the same thing, just some walmart special.

IIRC Fear Fac. used a cocker for that "stunt".

Quote Originally Posted by punkncat
    I thought it was a cocker also

Quote Originally Posted by punkncat
    I need a better TV.

That Blue collar show got paintball right, gun wise. I believe that Larry the Cable Guy had a DM5.

Quote Originally Posted by Ydna
    It was a stacked tube blowback if I recall (in one of those "powerpacks" with a small tank and vl200 and such). People don't know the difference between that and a 1500 electropneumatiwhatever so it's all the same.

In the package it might've been, i didn't pay much attention, but it definitely had a powerfeed and wasn't a stacked tube when he held it, it was definitely a mag, or one of the euro rip offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle.Kimber
    That Blue collar show got paintball right, gun wise. I believe that Larry the Cable Guy had a DM5.
    Anyway remember "My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss" ? Horrible show, but they had a task that involved playing President with paintball guns.

I thought the Kid who played malcom and one of the brothers on the show actually have a paintball team..like D3...maybe I'm confusing them with some other show..but Im pretty sure it is them.

Quote Originally Posted by CKY_Alliance
    I thought the Kid who played malcom and one of the brothers on the show actually have a paintball team..like D3...maybe I'm confusing them with some other show..but Im pretty sure it is them.
    I think it's the youngest of them amazingly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Desega
    Sigh, TV will never get paintball right. Shop goggles=shop work, paintball goggles=paintball

The reason they use shop goggles on tv and in the movies is because that way you can easily identify the actors.

Quote Originally Posted by CKY_Alliance
    not sure about the other cast members, but i know someone on here years ago ran into the kid that plays Reese (second oldest, right above malcom) out at a field and posted a pick.

I remember MTV a few years back on one of their road rules vs real world shows has some misc paintball activities. Used Angels once and spyders another time.

Quote: MarkM
    "virus attacks have been dealt with, same with back door nasties. ."

My feed back

Quote Originally Posted by thecavemankevin
    not sure about the other cast members, but i know someone on here years ago ran into the kid that plays Reese (second oldest, right above malcom) out at a field and posted a pick.
    That was me. He still plays..........so do I

Quote Originally Posted by SenorMcNasty28
    The reason they use shop goggles on tv and in the movies is because that way you can easily identify the actors.
    Yeah, that makes sense, but when they show people getting shot in the goggles (they splatter plaint though) that makes kids think it's ok to play with them.

Heres that old thread..
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ighlight=reese

Maybe Reese likes mags?

Quote Originally Posted by SpitFire1299
    Heres that old thread..
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ighlight=reese

Maybe Reese likes mags?
    Ahh, the pics don't work.

i remember waaaay back in the '80's rick schroeder had a team. sudden death out of cali. man, i'm old

Quote Originally Posted by bound for glory
    i remember waaaay back in the '80's rick schroeder had a team. sudden death out of cali. man, i'm old
    now he's running around chasing jack on 24.

PBN Feedback AO Feedback eBay Feedback

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS (Rob Kenny and Matt Bradley) LIVE @ www.djinnuendo.com TUES 2/8 - 8 to 10PM

Super necro post...

Remembered this when getting a snapshot for Doc's list over on MCB, figured I'd post it up here.
    Name:  qxFwLZq.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  43.8 KB
    Il n'y a point de sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l'esprit.

I totally remember that episode.