Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre Order For Logic UMF Frames

Quote Originally Posted by Zneaky
    The rough estimate was off by 20%! It's now $145 for a one color anno. I will let you know by the dead line.

Z

/reconsidering

Beat me to it. I was hoping to get anodizing done for less than 20$ a frame. CoolHand was also surprised at what he would need to charge to make it worth doing these. I am not trying to gouge you guys on this. If it is too expensive then I understand people needing to back out.

If I could make it worth while and do it for less I would. Understand please that for me this is a risk of two or three thousand dollars and I am not making huge returns. If I wanted to do something for money I have much better ways of tying up my $ and time.

Eyes for your EMAG? Oh yes! PM me for an ACE board. Replacement Xmag ACE boards too!
    I'm on the list, and did not get a PM...

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Smurf
    I'm on the list, and did not get a PM...

I will resend you one. Did I miss anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by matteusz
    Price Posted PM's sent. I am now taking deposits.

Before someone else gets to it. 145$ plus shipping for an ano'd frame holy crap that is expensive.

Um yes and no. Is it pricey compared to say a CF frame. Yes. Compared to an intelliframe? Well those are 118$ retail. 27$ more (and a pair of grips) gets you a custom frame made on a limited run in the color you want. For short run custom work that is pretty decent.

Some reasoning on the price. The 85$ close out price you see on Logic's site is outdated. It was also for raw unassembled frames. Metal prices have gone up and in coolhand's own words he was selling them at a loss.

No I am not able to get these too you at the estimated cost of 125$. If we ordered 100 or more frames and I could find dirt cheap anodizing I could. I decided on making sure we get a quality anodizer who regularly does paintball gun work with a decent turn around time (yes it is Gruntbull) instead of dirt cheap frames. They are charging a fair price and I'm sure will do great work. I am only marking the raw frames up enough to cover my costs in time, $ and grief from my wife for raiding our savings.

I hope no one is upset about me taking deposits early and working to get the order out sooner rather than later. Any questions? Thanks for going in on this with me guys.
    Mat
    Seems like a fair price to me all things considered.

These are sweet frames folks, you will not be disapointed. I know I have one already.
    I just want to say thanks to both Matteusz and CoolHand for doing this.

You also gotta remember folks, that at $85 ea, I WAS TAKING A LOSS ON THEM.

IE every frame I sold cost me more than $85 to manufacture and assemble. At the time I was low on money and high on debt, so it was in my best interest to liquidate my stock at a marginal loss so I could have operating capital to pay some of the final bills with. Things have changed since then, and I no longer have a large stock of items that I must move to recoup my investments, so the price will obviously have to go up.

I like you guys, but not enough to eat several grand to subsidize a run of frames.

The cost of manufacture is higher now too because the cost of metals and energy has gone up considerably in the last couple of years. Remember, it's been quite a while sine I've done any of these things.

Sorry it didn't turn out as low as you all wanted, but that's the way the cookie crumbled.

I will resend you one. Did I miss anyone else?

Me.

Ok I have a what if. Say for some now unforseen problem stops these frames from being made would refunds be given. I guess I am saying I do understand that I cant back out once the deposit is in but what if you do?
    I think there for, I am I think. am I?

sorry, but im gonna have to back out. please remove me from the list.
    LeftyTheNub

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    Me.
    Added you to the list (sorry don't know how you got skipped). Also sent you the PM with all the payment info.

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw
    Ok I have a what if. Say for some now unforseen problem stops these frames from being made would refunds be given. I guess I am saying I do understand that I cant back out once the deposit is in but what if you do?
    A reasonable concern. If say CoolHand were to get struck by lightning BEFORE I made the deposit. I would simply refund everyone their money and curl up in the corner and cry because our crack dealer was dead.

If he were to run off to Mexico with the deposit (short vacation I am sure). I would move one state over and camp across the street from his shop. When he came back I would chain him to his machines and feed him only subway sandwiches and Mountain Dew until he finished the order. (Or I would let you all form a lynch mob and siege his shop till he refunded our money).

That said I trust this process to go smoothly. Cool Hand and I are both adults and will get this done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty
    sorry, but im gonna have to back out. please remove me from the list.

Sorry about that. You have been taken off the list.

To all of you that have sent me PM's. THANK YOU (ouch I just reread that I meant NOOOO Thank You as in No You The Man not as in Get outa my face. I really appreciate the support and good communication. Sorry if that confused/ anyone.). I may not answer messages if there is no direct question to be answered. Remember I will be out of town starting Wed.

I will confirm everyone's payment on Monday when I get back with an email response or PM for checks mailed. Thanks, Mat
    Last edited by matteusz; 06-04-2007 at 11:38 PM.

why is everyone getting dust? no one likes gloss?

Thanks. I'll get you the deposit out tomorrow at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by mr doo doo
    why is everyone getting dust? no one likes gloss?

Ummm 5 people are getting dust. 10 are getting them raw (* you maniacs had sooo better post pics when you get your custom jobs finished) and the remaining 50ish people are getting gloss. Everyone without a color behind their name is getting gloss. Turns out it is the barn red of paintball.

Eyes for your EMAG? Oh yes! PM me for an ACE board. Replacement Xmag ACE boards too!
    Ummm 5 people are getting dust. 10 are getting them raw (* you maniacs had sooo better post pics when you get your custom jobs finished) and the remaining 50ish people are getting gloss. Everyone without a color behind their name is getting gloss. Turns out it is the barn red of paintball.

Can I still get it raw, and without a safety?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Smurf
    Can I still get it raw, and without a safety?
    No problem. I will make note of the request.

I'd like to get mine raw too, if it's not a problem.
    Thanks

feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2313619#post2313619
    Could I get mine dust please. I indicated that on the deposit message from paypal also.

Quote Originally Posted by rob123456789
    Could I get mine dust please. I indicated that on the deposit message from paypal also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Sisco
    I'd like to get mine raw too, if it's not a problem.
    Thanks

You guys can all change the color you want no problem. Just indicate what you want on your deposit.

So long as there are still at least 5 total we can get them done in dust. Raw is easy and gloss we have plenty to get a run done.

Again just indicate your color choice in the message box on a paypal deposit or on a seperate sheet of paper with a MO. I will let you know if there is a problem. Thanks, Mat

hey put me on the list for one, raw please thanks

Quote Originally Posted by t0nnn
    hey put me on the list for one, raw please thanks

PM'd you. I am leaving town till Sunday in about an hour so I won't be on again until then.

You guys can all change the color you want no problem. Just indicate what you want on your deposit.

So long as there are still at least 5 total we can get them done in dust. Raw is easy and gloss we have plenty to get a run done.

Again just indicate your color choice in the message box on a paypal deposit or on a seperate sheet of paper with a MO. I will let you know if there is a problem. Thanks, Mat

I have TWO of the original run UMF and am looking for safetys for them. Do you have any for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by 890SHAWN
    I have TWO of the original run UMF and am looking for safetys for them. Do you have any for sale?
    You can buy them directly from AGD. You want the CF frame Safety Kit.

This one:

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fu...&categoryID=16

oh, everyone is getting gloss eh? just wondering....

Quote Originally Posted by mr doo doo
    oh, everyone is getting gloss eh? just wondering....

The majority are. I am back in town now and badly in need of a shower and a nap. Great trip. I will update the main post later.

A couple guys pm'd me to let me know then are dropping out. Lots of people still have not sent in their deposits. If you have mailed a check (or are about to really soon aka tomorrow) to me would you please let me know so I can look for it?

I need to get an idea of what kind of numbers we will have for the final order. Thanks, Mat

Mailed mine the 7th.

I need to match these names with ao screen names. Would you guys please let me know who you are?

Matthew S.
    Matthew D.
    Ben *
    Eric *
    Jim
    luke
    Craig
    Daniel

Also anyone still sending in your deposit please include your ao name. Sorry forgot to include that in the instructions first time. For those that did. Thank You that was huge.
    Mat

Just paid my deposit for 2 frames by paypal.

Is Dusk Black still an option?

Quote Originally Posted by mag79
    Just paid my deposit for 2 frames by paypal.

Is Dusk Black still an option?

Yes it is. thanks. mat

The majority are. I am back in town now and badly in need of a shower and a nap. Great trip. I will update the main post later.

A couple guys pm'd me to let me know then are dropping out. Lots of people still have not sent in their deposits. If you have mailed a check (or are about to really soon aka tomorrow) to me would you please let me know so I can look for it?

I need to get an idea of what kind of numbers we will have for the final order. Thanks, Mat

Sent my deposit the 7th

So lame,

My cat just got run over Thursday night and the bill to fix him ran $462. If he had died I could have a UMF. I'd like both, but I'm gonna have to opt for the cat this time, and retract my request.

Sorry
    Rehme, Derman 2k, Ryal 999, Lord Whoopass, 50 Cal, Tack, RTrampage and Deathstalker are all good traders

My Feedback
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100494

matteusz,
    If its not too late, put me in for a gloss black.
    PM me Paypal info.
    Thanks.