Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: PTP Micromag Bodies

Quote Originally Posted by rabidchihauhau
    Wow, I can't believe someone else is looking for exactly the same thing I am...

I forgot to mention that the body doesn't have to look like a micromag - if it looked like a proto that would be cool. And if it had electronics that would be cool too...
    sounds like you should buy a proto

Quote Originally Posted by custar
    Seconded. Also, what are the chances of making the feedneck mounting modular so it can be RF, LF, or CF?

custar
    I would like to know that, too. If it was possible to have a rightfeed Micromag without powerfeed, I would be definitely interested.

Dend78 is offline Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    that would be sweet then it would appeal to all a lot more than just CF, but would that keep it cost effective?
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

Quote Originally Posted by stoupa
    I would like to know that, too. If it was possible to have a rightfeed Micromag without powerfeed, I would be definitely interested.
    If I recall, the problem I had with the powerfeed model back in 95 or so was that it was screwd onto the main body and the threading was prone to stripping. I certainly would not be up for that....

Why not let PTP come up with two or three drawings based on our collective input and we vote on the best design? Their not going to cater to veryones wishes for such a short run of product. That being said, the mini tac idea sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose
    sounds like you should buy a proto
    The previous posts were an in-joke that no one twigged to. I was sitting behind Tracy at PTP when it was written.
    VENGEANCE PAINTBALL DISTRIBUTORS
    X.O. INDUSTRIES PAINTBALLS

Cool

The previous posts were an in-joke that no one twigged to. I was sitting behind Tracy at PTP when it was written.
    You underestimate some of us rc

I think it would make the body easier to mill if they went to dual AGD (or similar) screw in detents instead of the PTP detent.
    Just another suggestion to make the body lighter and cut cost.

I've done my own designs for this new body but sadly I am ineligible for the contest because of my close working relationship.

Besides, most of what I design would (generally) be considered socially unacceptable...

Cool

I've done my own designs for this new body but sadly I am ineligible for the contest because of my close working relationship.

Besides, most of what I design would (generally) be considered socially unacceptable...
    This whole forum is socially unacceptable.

Now post up the pics of them.

And who said it was a contest ?
    All I saw was "lets see some suggestions for a new PTP Micro body" .

Funny thing is I keep seeing things posted like make it fit an RT Pro rail as suggestions

Hello ? Keep in mind this is not an RT Pro, its a Micromag people.

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    Funny thing is I keep seeing things posted like make it fit an RT Pro rail as suggestions

Hello ? Keep in mind this is not an RT Pro, its a Micromag people.

whoa whoa whoa I havent read the last 4 pages, but last I heard we/you/I only need 1 rail.

But if we are giving suggestions lets put 3 sears on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    whoa whoa whoa I havent read the last 4 pages, but last I heard we/you/I only need 1 rail.

But if we are giving suggestions lets put 3 sears on it.
    why stop with an odd number? why not 4?

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dend78
    why stop with an odd number? why not 4?
    Glad you asked. See I have 5 fingers on my shooting hand. I will need at least 2 fingers to hold up the frame (more than likely my thumb, and pinky). I figure the other 3 could each be used to activate a valve (ie 3 triggers).

/carry on

Quote Originally Posted by stoupa
    The power feeds works very well. I like it for the integrated safty also. Just turn the plug and you shut off feed to the breach. Take a shot or two to verify its clear, nice and safe. Of course most all enter a safe zone with a ball in the breech these days. Nice and dangerous.
    With a power feed you can tell right away if its a feed OR paint issue.

But I guess the goal would be to please most of the players all the time. You can have a right feed ULE its not Micro but still.......

Oh ya everybody is still OS and wants CF with that blimp on top.

Ya pics or shens.

Contest, whats the dilleo? Maybe I will enter.

Ya you were socially unacceptable eighteen years ago when I first met ya, so I could see where your designs would follow suit. Wait, I.A.D.S.P.B.P.

Everyone's argument against the powerfeed was that you can't sight down the top of the gun and then when CFs came out they sold like hotcakes.............go figure..................

CPPA Member #1875

Beemer - you know too much...

No, I can't present the design publicly. It was an inside joke at PTP and I KNOW that some folks would find it offensive.

I can share part of my carved autococker design. The rear half of the upper body is carved to look like a woman straddling and hugging it. The back block is carved to look like a guy standing with his hands on his hips.

The bolt.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dend78
    same thing as before just let me know if you want one, ill talk to PTP and see if this could be a very real concept for us all. i did get this list before it went away if you want your name on let me know if you want your name off let me know, you can view my feedback on here PBN, MCB, or SpecOps.

PTP will be taking deposits once I am able to generate a large enough list of people interested and they are able to get everything figured out on their end.

DESIGN CONCEPT THREAD IS HERE https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220609

THUS FAR WE ARE LOOKING AT ABOUT 93 BODIES SPOKEN FOR
    oh put me down for one as well. maybe I'll convert my emag to a new fangled micro...

Eyes for your EMAG? Oh yes! PM me for an ACE board. Replacement Xmag ACE boards too!
    Well, I've been following the design concepts thread, and you've hooked me.

I'll take some. At least two.

you guys have been added

Ill take one too.

Wow, I can't believe someone else is looking for exactly the same thing I am...

I forgot to mention that the body doesn't have to look like a micromag - if it looked like a proto that would be cool. And if it had electronics that would be cool too...
    Why would we do that? We don't want it to look and work like crap.
    Due to the objections of a certain Canadian, this space is now for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by AirAssault
    Why would we do that? We don't want it to look and work like crap.

Not sure what you are saying??? Or is this an attack on Rabid??? Look we are just trying to have a friendly thread here. Anyone that doesn't like Micromags doesn't need to be involved in this thread. We are just looking for people that like our bodies. I understand that everyone has their taste in guns and if you don't like ours thats fine. I am just asking that we keep this friendly.

Tracy

I think that he is taking a swing at Proto's, not the Mags.
    WOW, sigs. Havent seen these in a while here on AO.

Quote Originally Posted by kruger
    That's how I read it as well, just some friendly banter making fun of non-mags

My bad!!! Sorry!! I just want everyone to be happy......Don't worry..Be Happy

Eyes for your EMAG? Oh yes! PM me for an ACE board. Replacement Xmag ACE boards too!
    Quote Originally Posted by tracy_ptp
    My bad!!! Sorry!! I just want everyone to be happy......Don't worry..Be Happy

Dooo oooo ....-trails off singing-

/me and my homie big mouth billy bass...

Quote Originally Posted by kruger
    You are correct, X gets the square.

yeah that was a pretty stiff jab at proto's as well

Depending on what design you go with count me in for 1

Some pretty cool designs over in the design thread. I actually like two, or three or four of them...

Just a bit for design history here: Beyond considerations of machining efficiency, consider what 'Mags looked like when the MicroMag first came out: the Automag was a featureless tube. Taking the MicroMag in the direction of a squared-off design was a radical departure at the time and absolutely looked nothing like an Automag.

Of course, things have progressed over the years, but if you want to know "why?" the rectangular design, there's your answer.

For the body designers out there - I'd spend more time on style than I would on 'features'.