Thread: Public Domain!!!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Public Domain!!!!!

Put yer ideas here!

I'll start with my idea for a valve that I think would be faster than an automag. It would at least compete. It is mechanical, has RT, and is a spool. It has an ion style bolt, which runs off a mini reg that would have to supply higher pressure than the main regulator. Now that I type that, it seems stupid, but I'm sure I had a reason to go air over spring. Anyway, the heart of this design is the regulator. It was my way of combining the automag's regulator and on/off assembly. All it is is a standard poppet regulator with the stem extended to act as an on/off. When the trigger is depressed, it will keep the poppet from opening until the sear catches the bolt and allows the trigger to swing forward. The opening of the poppet also provides RT. There are several possibilities for the trigger mechanism; it could be a cam, a lever, etc. The sear could take several shapes too. The problem is that it will put a lot of pressure on the bolt as the bolt slides over the sear. This poses the problem of what materials to make the bolt and sear out of, and how often they will need to be replaced. So this idea is faaaaaaar from finished. I will continue to think about it, and I welcome you to try to work out its kins too. In all likelyhood, you will point out some obvious flaw and the whole idea will be dead, but here it is. It is now public domain so no one can patent it and anyone can do anything they want with it free of charge. My hope is that it will be improved upon and that it will remain public domain as a small step towards the goal of AO'ers designing and building a completely opensource marker that kicks butt.

I'll type and draw more later, but here's what I have right now. These drawing are not to scale and many aspects of them have different possibilities. These are just sketches.

Sorry I didn't label anything, or illustrate threads, I hope you get the idea.
    Last edited by questionful; 02-19-2008 at 11:39 PM.