Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: TUNABALL 3!!!!

Announcement: TUNABALL 3!!!!

UPDATED 5/15/09 See lodging update at the very bottom of this post.

PAINTBALL - SWAP MEET - PORK EATING SHENANIGANS

Where- TopGun Paintball games in Cream Ridge NJ (www.topgunpaintball.com)
    When - Saturday May 30th 2009, and an informal gathering back at TopGun on Sunday May31st.
    Prices $36 to play - $65 per case

UPDATE 12/08
    **TopGun has just confirmed with me that anyone who plays on Saturday can come back on Sunday and PLAY FOR FREE!! Also, the same great paint discount still applies!! (Save those wrist bands, you will need them to play for free on Sunday)**

MORE SWINE IN 09!! - Lunches will once again be provided the OFFICIAL head chef of Tunaball, Mongoose. On the menu will be another 100 lb roasted pig, expertly crafted into scrumptious pulled pork sandwiches. Stay tuned for more information - lunches by prepaid meal tickets.

Photography Service: AO's very own ZEROte (formerly known as WCKeep) will be running around taking pictures on Saturday. He will be able to make prints and CDs on the spot for very reasonable prices. More information coming soon!!

CONFIRMED:
    -BOTH Homelandefender AND Doobie will be back as Generals again this year. Last year both sides were evenly matched. Can the return of Trina to the paintball field help swing the balance over to Doobie's team?

CONFIRMED - joining us at TB3:
    -Tracy and Forest of Pro Team Products
    -The newly 'off the market' RUDZ!!
    -Straight out of his retirement home - AO's 'favorite' moderator BEEMER

Oh did I mention CLARE will be there too? Wait, CLARE AND TRINA both at the same event!!!

The Alamo Challenge!
    If you were at Tunaball 2 last year, you will remember what a great game we had at the end of the day on the Alamo field. This year after lunch lets do it again.

Lodging info for Tunaball III
    For those who are coming in from far away and unfamiliar with the area, there are quite a few hotels within a half hours drive from TopGun. Most of them are just off the NJ Turnpike
    (exit 8). Exit 7a is the exit for TopGun.

We are staying at
    DAYS INN EAST WINDSOR 609-448-3200
    $99/night for either a one queen bed or two full size. PLEASE CALL AND BOOK ASAP rooms will be going fast. You must mention the TOPGUN PAINTBALL DISCOUNT in order to get this price.

This hotel is RIGHT off of the NJ Turnpike (I95) at Exit 8. Theo's Lakeside tavern is right up the road approx. 1/2 mile so it looks like we will be going there for post game eats.

If the Days Inn gets booked up, the Holiday Inn East Windsor is directly across the street from it.
    HOLIDAY INN EAST WINDSOR 609-448-7000

Here's the complete list if you need it ...
    DAYS INN WRIGHTSTOWN 609-723-6900
    HAMPTON INN EAST WINDSOR 609-426-1600
    HOLIDAY INN EAST WINDSOR 609-448-7000
    DAYS INN EAST WINDSOR 609-448-3200
    BEST WESTERN BORDENTOWN 609-298-8000
    CANDLEWOOD SUITES BORDENTOWN 609-291-1010 **Allows pets

If people are flying in they can land at either Newark Airport or Philadelphia. Both are a little less than an hour away. However Newark is much more convenient.

Lodging update. 5-8-09

Holiday Inn and Days Inn of East Windsor still has double rooms available if anyone needs one. The price is a little more than than the Days Inn, but there still is a $30 discount off the regular rate. ($119.00 - 10 double rooms left). The Holiday Inn is DIRECTLY across the street from the Days Inn

www.holidayinn.com/eastwindsornj

P: 609-443-8000 ext 627

F: 609-443-6227
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Game Shenanigans: SEE POST # 100 in this thread. We will be heading to "Theo's Lakeside Tavern" in Hightstown after the game Saturday. It is literally 1/2 mile up the road from the Days Inn where we will be staying.

LUNCH INFO AND RESERVATION TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE.
    CLICK THIS LINK TO ORDER
    Stay tuned for more information regarding the game, special guests, and lodging info.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make your reservations with Topgun! No money or credit card is needed. I want to encourage everyone who is coming to do so. It would be a tremendous help to get an accurate idea of the attendance before hand.
    Make Reservations for Tunaball 3 Click HERE!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOODIES UPDATE!!
    Raffle: Give-A-Way: Swag For Sale

For the Raffle,
    -3 Cerberus pump kits donated by Jay8541 + body and rail milling services provided by WarpedMephisto AND a CF grip frame from the AO Mod team.

-1 Custom BigEvilOnline jersey donated by yours truly.

-1 Full Pneumag installation service provided and donated by Loguzzzzz

-3 pneumag kits w/mag mods from Cyberave68

-1 Special Tunaball 3 Edition 1 of 1 Venomous Designs EP grip

-2 Special Tunaball 3 Venomous Designs Helium rails

1 - Brand New LVL10 kit courtesy the AO Mod team.

Give A Ways

-Box o' Goodies from Luke's Customs

-Bunch of goodies from BombSwabs

-Bunch of TB3, AO, and BEO swag

-Silentstalker PB goodies!

-I also have a limited number of AUTOGRAPHED TK D-Day pics!!

For Sale
    -Tunaball 3 11x17 posters $5x

-TB3 edition Trina posters $10x (all proceeds go to charity)

SPECIAL AUCTION - SHOOT THE MOD! - NOW IS YOUR CHANCE! We will auction off the chance to SHOOT BEEMER with a full hopper (VL 300's and Pinokios not included LOL) (Without him shooting back) Proceeds go to charity.

EDIT - Terms and conditions of "SHOOT THE MOD" subject to change

** All charitable donations will be going to
    "Susan G. Komen for the Cure"

http://ww5.komen.org/donate/donate.html
    Last edited by BigEvil; 05-15-2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: GOODIES UPDATE

HELL YEAH!!!

!!!!!

Oh HELL YEAH!!!!!! You know I was gonna throw you a HELL YEAH! Outlaw5
    COL Jerry Perkins
    SF, De Oppresso Liber

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209524
    HELL NO not again, ill be on deployment. man why do i have to keep missing this. have fun folks.

LOL I missed every So cal meet and now I live in New Jersey. I better not miss this one!

This time, I'm there. Barring any unforeseen ROTC complications. Seriously though, if I don't have summer cruise in May, I'm finally going to make it lol.

Hell Yeah!!!

I lul'd at the 'shop.

OH HELL YEAH, its on and crackin!!!

Marking my calendar right now.

MaxPowers Guest
    I have to make sure im in town for this! After all of the stories you guys told me I will be upset if I cannot make it. Hopefully we have an uneventful April/May and I can be around for this.

I plan on having a new gun by then. BigE you going to help me out with that? Maybe I can just borrow one of yours you have plenty!! :-D

HMMMM enough time maybe i fly out there to play
    who cares how your marker looks...just move fast and shoot straight

Back from Iraq... Now freezing my butt off in Wisconsin.
    Puttin' money in the penny jar, got the date on the calendar, even chattin' up the GF to go...

I will do my damndest to be there in '09!
    My Feedback:
    Paintball Forum : PBNation : Ebay : AO

This is what I like to hear.

Save them pennies, bring the wives and girlfriends (Just dont let em run into one another )

When we get closer I will start putting up travel and lodging info. The plan this time to to keep all festivities and shenanigans centered in the immediate area around TopGun.

Oh, I guess I should mention - Saturday will be the 'main' day where Tuna and everyone is there, BUT I would also like to make SUNDAY an INFORMAL day 2 and get out and play again with you guys (for real this time LOL)

Sunday!

You better be real this year Big E......I really wanted to play more last year.....well it was still all good. One day with the croud was definately better then no day with the croud! Outlaw5

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw5
    You better be real this year Big E......I really wanted to play more last year.....well it was still all good. One day with the croud was definately better then no day with the croud! Outlaw5
    Yeah man.. we stay CLOSE to Topgun this time. I want to play the next day also... well as much as my old out of shape body permits. As much as I love Arthurs in Hoboken, its not worth having to trek all the way up there.

There are supposed to be plenty of places in the TopGun vicinity with Six Flags right next door.

Is anyone from greater Boston going? Since I am in school out here anyways I might as well attempt to make it
    bless, support, and never forget the troops
    God bless my cousin: Cprl. Peter J. Giannopoulos K.I.A. 11/11/04 in Latifiyah, Babil Provence, Iraq.

For anyone wondering where Topgun is at, their website is www.topgunpaintball.com

Top-notch operation.

More info about the event coming soon.

I'm gunna own all you foolz

Is this open to all AO members? It's a silly question I'm sure, but being a new member/Mag owner I thought I'd ask. Top Gun is about 2 hours away from my location, which is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rando Commando
    Is this open to all AO members? It's a silly question I'm sure, but being a new member/Mag owner I thought I'd ask. Top Gun is about 2 hours away from my location, which is reasonable.

Everyone is invited. You do not have to be on AO or own a mag. Just be a good chap and willing to have some fun playing paintball.

Check out this endorsement from Outlaw5 that he posted up on spec ops.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw5
    HELL YEAH!!!! You knew I would give that to you Big E. for all who are wondering about this event.....I went last year and I'm still kicking myself for not attending the 1st Year! This was in my top 5 days of playing paintball ever (I've played for 22 years).......was it because the competition was fearce and everyone just had to win!!! Of course not! It was because everyone that played were very mature and fun was the name of the game......winning was so third or fourth on the list it was crazy.

1st: I met over 50 people that I have seen on AO or here or MCB or BigEvilOnline......I roomied with the maker of the X-MOD software, Paul Neidtfeld.....great guy buy the way.

2nd: It was amazing to have so many like minded folk in the same place at once.....WE ALL LOVE AGD GUNS!!!!! I saw more X-Mags then you could shake a stick at......my X-Mag ran better because of all of its buddies there...it was at home.

3rd: The chow that was provide by Mongoose was phenomenal! pulled pork....great for us Pipe hitting, Major league Infidel, Pork eating Crusaders! a little army sheep dog humor...for those who know...you know!

4th: The festivities with everyone after the game was great and lots of fun and goofy dares to eat strange things and great conversation was had by all.

I will not miss another one of these unless I'm deployed overseas and I highly recommend this event....you will feel the same after attending TunaBall III.

Look on Bigevilonline and AO often for updates and I'll make sure that info is posted here as we get closer.

I hope to see and meet you there this year. V/R Jerry "Outlaw5" Perkins

Awesome! Thanks BigEvil

Man am I excited. Do we need to start signing up or something? I know last year there were signups and then like pre-orders for the food and stuff.

Oh, and do I win a prize for being probably the youngest participant lol? I mean cmon, this is a bunch of old farts from AO and MCB getting together. How many 21yos actually go lol???

Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099
    Man am I excited. Do we need to start signing up or something? I know last year there were signups and then like pre-orders for the food and stuff.

Oh, and do I win a prize for being probably the youngest participant lol? I mean cmon, this is a bunch of old farts from AO and MCB getting together. How many 21yos actually go lol???

I'm close...23 here. We can take em'...

Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099

I think the two youngest were 10 and 12 from TB2. One is Mongoose's cousin and the other t0nn's nephew or something like that. Oh, and t0nnn is 21. A lot of the guys were in their 20's.

No pre reg as of yet. I am not sure I am going to do one again. We don't get that many pre-regs even with the big paint discount we were able to offer (Thanks to Jay8541).

Mongoose will put a call out for lunch tickets when he's ready. I will mention it to him when I see him tonight.

Rando Commando, roger that!

I was just kiddin anyways heh heh.

No guarantees yet but I'm going to try and make this one, so I'm subscribing to the thread to keep up todate with the plans.

Quote Originally Posted by manike
    No guarantees yet but I'm going to try and make this one, so I'm subscribing to the thread to keep up todate with the plans.

I hope you can make it this year. If you don't then you will just have to give me that box of AGD goodies from your basement

haha i'm 20 and i'm gonna try my hardest to be there!

is there going to be a list like last year with closeby hotels/motels and airports?

Quote Originally Posted by gunangel
    haha i'm 20 and i'm gonna try my hardest to be there!

is there going to be a list like last year with closeby hotels/motels and airports?

Yes there will be. If you find the TB2 thread, those all still apply that are listed. I am going to try and make arrangements with a hotel close to Topgun and see if we can work out some sort of deal.