Thread: Leak (Classic Mag)

Leak (Classic Mag)

Hi,

I have a mag with ule body, level 10, minimag valve with an intelliframe. When I gas it up, it leaks slightly down the barrel. When I pull the trigger and hold it down, the leak gets louder for about a second, then stops. When I release of course it leaks slightly, again.
    The leak also stops if I even put some pressure on the trigger without pulling it.

Im using I think a 1 lined carrier and 2 shims.

Also, 4/5 times the level 10 bolt bounces off of a ball in the breach, but the 5th time it will hit the ball, get stuck, vent loudly, and ill have to mess with the trigger to get it to come back.Do I need another shim?

Thank you,Lidocaine

Did you try one carrier smaller?

I dont think it is the carrier. Im not sure exactly how it works, but how is putting my finger on the trigger applying a tiny bit of pressure stopping the leak? Also, firing the gun and holding the trigger then it stops as well?

When you pull the trigger, the on-off pin blocks the air passage. When the trigger is not pulled, the air is free until it reaches the carrier oring.

What is the condition of the sear?

typically when you pull the trigger of a mag and you still have leak that is the on/off orings, as far as adding shims wait until you get the leak fixed, one problem at a time it will save you alot headaches down the line.

I bought the gun used, the sear seems pretty old but doesnt look dis-formed or too worn anywhere. Coralis- The leak stop when I hold the trigger down.

Looking at other minimag/classic valves mine seems different. It has matching numbers but mine doesnt have the gold on off assembly on the bottom of the valve, mine is just a little silver spot with a pin that pushes in and out. Is this a newer style valve?

Quote Originally Posted by lidocaine
    I bought the gun used, the sear seems pretty old but doesnt look dis-formed or too worn anywhere. Coralis- The leak stop when I hold the trigger down.

Looking at other minimag/classic valves mine seems different. It has matching numbers but mine doesnt have the gold on off assembly on the bottom of the valve, mine is just a little silver spot with a pin that pushes in and out. Is this a newer style valve?
    That's just a classic on-off. ULT and RT on-offs are made of brass.

classic:
    http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/in...&categoryID=18

if your bolt is sticking forward it could be the ball detent is too far in the chamber. it's worth a check.

It sounds like, to me, that the bolt is not sitting far enough back to seal the shot chamber completely.

By slightly pulling on the trigger, hes putting a bit MORE pressure on the front of the bolt (with the sear) thus pushing the bolt completely back and gettig a good seal.

You add shims to level 10's if you have problems with the bolt locking up after a pinch.

If you keep adding shims, eventually the bolt will leak all the time, which is what is happening.

I would take a shim OUT of the level 10.

His post was from last October, I imagine that if he didn't get it fixed he sent it to a tech. to fix it for him.

But could trigger rod length have anything to do with it? I think adding a shim would fix it as well.