Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Tiberius Sniper Rounds, Info from TK

ok, so i had a couple questions:

first: do the fs rounds have the same velocity as a paintball of the same diameter and mass? so if u chonoed yer gun at 290 with a paintball, will it still be 290 when u load the fs?

second: wat if, one were to be using paintballs smaller than the fs round, and had a barrel that either fit it or was slightly over bore'ed (bored?) for that paintball, and was chronoed at 290, wouldnt the velocity be greater when the fs round is loaded (which would now be under bored)?

Quote Originally Posted by malJohann
    As in South-Africa? If so, send me a PM, I'm in SA too. Always good to meet local 'maggers.
    OOOHHHH yes, sunny South Africa, where the gun laws are so strict, that the criminals have more guns than the law abiding citizens.

enough ranting - FINALLY with th FS i can use my rifle scope on my mag and i am trying to attach my pic of it, which isnt working.

Quote Originally Posted by BiNumber3
    ok, so i had a couple questions:

first: do the fs rounds have the same velocity as a paintball of the same diameter and mass? so if u chonoed yer gun at 290 with a paintball, will it still be 290 when u load the fs?

second: wat if, one were to be using paintballs smaller than the fs round, and had a barrel that either fit it or was slightly over bore'ed (bored?) for that paintball, and was chronoed at 290, wouldnt the velocity be greater when the fs round is loaded (which would now be under bored)?
    on the first part - I shot them and w/o changing anything on my gun the FS rounds were about 1 fps higher on average. so, no statistically significnat change.

as to the second - I would guess that like any barrel to paint match you're going to gain some velocity on whatever paint fits tighter. In my pretty significant bore testing I usually see a maximum of 15-20 fps change - and that was going from .696 to .679 - so a more moderate change should be very uable in play. I would suggest chronoing with whichever projectile fits tighter - then you'll be safe with both.

Quote Originally Posted by brycelarson
    as to the second - I would guess that like any barrel to paint match you're going to gain some velocity on whatever paint fits tighter. In my pretty significant bore testing I usually see a maximum of 15-20 fps change - and that was going from .696 to .679 - so a more moderate change should be very uable in play. I would suggest chronoing with whichever projectile fits tighter - then you'll be safe with both.

yea, but i mean on a field where one is limited to one type of paintball, but now might allow the fs rounds, someone might intentionally use that to their advantage. tho I think most fields use something around .689 or so anyway so this point may be moot

Quote Originally Posted by BiNumber3
    yea, but i mean on a field where one is limited to one type of paintball, but now might allow the fs rounds, someone might intentionally use that to their advantage. tho I think most fields use something around .689 or so anyway so this point may be moot

the FS rounds were snug, not tight in a 685 barrel - so they're going to be on the middle / small side for paint - so I think it's pretty safe. Even if someone played the system - they're only going to get 5 to 10 fps, which isn't too much of a concern - you see worse stuff every day when you go from cold to hot and people don't adjust their guns.

Kits are shipping

Got a call from my Team Sponsor UnderGround Mod Shop. They are a Tiberius dealer and the Upgrade Kits and First strike are shipping. I hope to soon be able to post a first hand in game review of these rounds.

Swamp

that sounds awesome Swamp, looking forward to that.

does anyone know when we might get them in South Africa??

Wow... this is what I get for not logging on in over a year, 3 months behind on one of the coolest things I've seen in paintball in years!

I bailed on PB and sold all my stuff to my cousin almost 2 years ago, this new round has my interest peaked in paintball again. Maybe the old school wood stalking game of the 80's will return and paintball will require a modicum of skill again?

-EB

Anyone see Duff Muffin's post on MCB? Sorry if this is already a known quantity, but these are the pics of the gun:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/p...us-marker.html

that mag is horrendous(sp?) is there a smaller version?

Quote Originally Posted by TaCticulMerderer18
    that mag is horrendous(sp?) is there a smaller version?
    You noticed that as well... the mag sticks down more than the bipod does.... I would also go with a shorter style mag.... especially since you can't lay prone with that worth a crap...

DM

Quote Originally Posted by DevilMan
    You noticed that as well... the mag sticks down more than the bipod does.... I would also go with a shorter style mag.... especially since you can't lay prone with that worth a crap...

DM
    Or they make the bi-pod telescoping.

Anyone see Duff Muffin's post on MCB? Sorry if this is already a known quantity, but these are the pics of the gun:
    I didn't realize this before...but that is the gun used in the Tiberius video. Initially I thought he was using one of the rifle versions of the regular Tac.
    AO's resident CenterFlag salesguy...

Am I the only one who would be perfectly happy with a 6 to 8 round revolver kind of mechanism?

I don't need a 15 round clip, I just need to be able to load paint into emptied chambers in between shots if necessary. So like if I'm right handed, then the drum would rotate counterclockwise after each shot, with empty chambers rotating toward my left hand.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

I got to fire a few of these yesterday across the parking lot at work. Very impressive.

Am I the only one who would be perfectly happy with a 6 to 8 round revolver kind of mechanism?
    A revolver mechanism with some type of moonclips or speedloaders could be very effective....perhaps even a break barrel...much like the old 3357 from Crosman. You could carry a bunch of preloaded disks in a pack, swap 'em as you go.

Quote Originally Posted by tasker89
    A revolver mechanism with some type of moonclips or speedloaders could be very effective....perhaps even a break barrel...much like the old 3357 from Crosman. You could carry a bunch of preloaded disks in a pack, swap 'em as you go.
    I actually have an old 3357, but I was thinking more of a feed gate, like a Nagant M1895.

Except you have maybe two chambers that can be exposed for reloading instead of just one.