Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiberius Sniper Rounds, Info from TK

Live Fire

I got my hands on some today and was able to watch some being fired and fire one myself.

Not a scientific test in any fashion. Marker was not chronoed or properly sited but it flew fast and true for a long distance.

All I can say is that I want to get my hands on enough that I can site in my weapon for 100plus feet and shoot as a pair of gogs at that distance with both regular balls and these and see what happens.

Swamp

send me some ill pay u the 8 plus shippin!

Not for Sale

My Sponsor had them from the trade show in Atlanta last week. He only have a few and they are not for sale at all.

Swamp

so its $8 for a tube of 8?

o got my tube in from ray at ninja paintball - thanks again!

have not got a chance to shoot them yet, they are certainly something different ....

Ok here we go

So I hooked up with my old friends at Perfect Circle today. They shot me. That would be Mr.Gary Gibson, his lovely wife Mary[she's hot] that putz John and Mike. Well it wasnt they [that shot me] it was all Mike pulling the trig shooting these things at me.

The marker was a MAG chroned at 290 on my request. They wanted 280 but that was to slow for me.

So I go out to the 100 foot target after Mike TRIES to sight and chrono the Mag[no scope]
    Chrono is good at 290 and target looks good. Going for center mass here. Gary eye balls it and tries to center me on target. This is all on the fly......with some vid that the BOSS Mary says aint good enough to post. But it was funny and cool none the less. If the wiz kid John does a good edit she might let me post it.

The Mag is bolted to a weighted tripod. I have on a standard BDU issue top and a pair of Lee jeens and proto gogs. It mostly was just a matter of getting my torso lined up on target. like I said it was on the fly thing. Mike says ready I say ya go, John has vid running. Whack it hits me just off center and catches some BDU slack just off center mass. Doesnt break. I quickly pick up the round before Gary see's me and stick it in my pocket. Need it for further analysis. Dont tell him.

Mike takes another shot on target and Gary repositions me accordingly. Whack, this one hits center mass just above my chest. Breaks paint and marks me good. Felt like a paintball shot at 50 feet. yowzaa.

Now out to 200 feet[measured] at the same 290FPS. Mike sights it in on the fly with me as target.
    This was in the back alley behind the shop so like I said it was on the fly.

I thought I would see it comming. No way. I used to play dodgeball at max range with the girl friends kids. To let them see what it was like to get hit by a paintball.

I took the hit on the right inner thigh and it was a winger that a regular ball would not do at that range and it marked me.[broke paint]

Same range same gun same FPS same angle and a paintball was dropping a good 5 feet in front of me. Once Mike made an adjustment on the angle and I got my sight on I could almost literally catch the paintballs comming in. In fact I did catch one off my hand. It hit my palm and did break. I need to practice my ninja skills

So, here is what I have to say. You with a PAINTBALL and me with this round AT 200 feet at 290FPS You lose, no wait I WIN.

Some more facts.

These projectiles weigh in at 3 to 3.2 grams. Well under the 3.5G max ASTM standard. It meets or exceeds all ASTM standards at this point as far as I can tell and I am a SAFETY anal Mo Fo and have all the specs on hand.

There is no back to the round like an FN303 do to weight and center of gravity. With a back it would throw off the CG and add to much weight.

It does not spin down the barrel. It starts to spin as soon as it hits the air exciting the barrel.

689 is the barrel bore you want to use.

It does not hold velocty down range because of spin but because of LESS DRAG.

The back end is slightly tapered to the plus side with the fins to induce the spin. It is SPIN stabilized.

Under bored barrel will crack the shell down the barrel and an overed bored barrel will slightly affect the accuracy.

On a side note we weighed the Paintballs we used compared to the Tiberius rounds and they were the same. Believe it OR not. 3.1G

Oh ya I was also informed it is not pronounced,

Tib.ur.us., as I was saying 3 syllables but,

Ty.beer.e.us. 4 syllables. I like BEER.

I have more info and more pics to follow in next post.

Read these and weep. Pics from the brochure from Ti ber i us at the Extravaganza.

Last edited by AO Moderation Team; 05-04-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Nice detailed review.

Nice writeup Beemer!

ahhh beer

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer
    Tib.ur.us., as I was saying 3 syllables but,

Ty.beer.e.us. 4 syllables. I like BEER.
    Well, duih. Spelled and pronounced just like Kirk's middle name and the Roman emperor.

Thanks for the fine review. How did you determine the round was not spinning as it travelled down the barrel?

custar

I didnt its what I was told.

Tiberius put up a Vid.

Tiberius Arms - First Strike

Talking

Good job beemer, I'm so proud of you, lol

Now how many other mods would go out of there way to do a review like this for us?

Thanks

yeah good post Beemer

longest post I saw from you in a long time

Tiberius Video

WOW WOW WOW.

Hit and break at 300feet

yes it was on goggles but you could never dream of that shot with a standard rig. Put me in line for the upgrade MR Tiberius.

Swamp

thanks beemer!

Nice write up. I have to say, im pretty excited to see these in action.....i just wish they werent so damned expensive.

EDIT!

Wow!!! you can actually HEAR the rounds in the outdoor 300ft video! I worry about the pain up close though.....that would hurt
    Last edited by Ninjeff; 02-14-2009 at 06:45 PM.

Being hit with one of these should not hurt any more than being hit with another (regular) paintball. They are of similar mass and travel at the same barrel velocity; as such, it will not hurt anymore to get hit with one of these at 5' than a regular paintball. At 100', it may hurt more because this round maintains a superior velocity to that of a regular paintball at that distance due to its improved aerodynamics.

I'm not a physics guy, but I would assume that F=ma (excuse my capitalization, if incorrect) applies here as well. My HS physics knowledge (from a few years ago) says that the force of an object is its mass times acceleration. So, for a paintball (regular or Tiberius) the force would be 300 fps * 3ish grams. That will end up equaling some number of Newtons, which is your force. (I think -- I understand that what I just gave is really the force it takes to accelerate the paintball to 300 fps, but it seems reasonable that it is similar force to decelerate the same object from the same speed as it takes to accelerate it to that speed -- I would presume a bit less due to the breakage of the shell and the obvious deceleration that has occurred after the ball has left the barrel, but, yeah.)

Since the Tiberius round does not travel any faster than the regular paintball, just holds its velocity better, you're not at risk to cause someone any more pain or damage than you would otherwise. As I think I said (it's late..), it'll hurt more further downrange than others. This of course assumes that the fins aren't made of some sort of plastic that will splinter into tiny little razors on impact, but I would doubt it. The fins also are apparently of de minimis mass, so that should not cause anything additional -- maybe slight if they're of a plastic harder than a paintball shell.

wow,

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff

Wow!!! you can actually HEAR the rounds in the outdoor 300ft video! I worry about the pain up close though.....that would hurt
    It will hurt no more then a BALL. They do make a COOL sound flying by. Kinda of like a swoosh whistle thing. Funny you mention that sound thing. The only difference is this round holds velocity down range. See the graph.

When we were done screwing around with me as a live target, Gary and I went down range under cover to check the sound thing. I think it was because John said something about the sound and Gary said he missed it, so did I being the target. That was at two hundred feet.[still about 175FPS] We got behind cover[dumpster] While Mike put some rounds down range. After the safe call Gary and I came out of cover with the big ya that sounded cool.

Its still Paintball only the range has changed.

If you're worried about the PAIN.tball, you're in the wrong sport...

More than likely I'll pick some of these up and "muzzle load" em once in awhile...

DM

Better yet DM I will pick some up just to shoot you with from really far away.

I suppose what worries me is the tail end part adding a more "forced" point of impact. If you watch teh video you can hear the plastic peices hitting the floor....well, something is hitting the floor, i assume its the tail part of the round. I understand the point of it being the same weight at the same velocity, but much like how a bouce hurts more than a break, i worry that the plastic tail part will add a bit of zing to the hit.

Am i worried about it? No, not really. ive been playing a long time, and i ref, so if the sting of a paintball was something i worried about i think i'd find a new hobby. That being said, people and players will complain about anything so.....

No one answered the cost thing either...or, if they did i missed it. Is it $8 for an 8 round tube? That seems to be what i read, but it seems a bit steep. I was hoping more like $3 or 4/tube.

Still, i'll pick up a few to try. I suppose the higher cost just means people will actually try to be accurate with these and not use them willy nilly.

The sound was awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by ajnin
    Better yet DM I will pick some up just to shoot you with from really far away.
    BRING IT ON MAN!!!!!

Bring the pistolas for the Friday night pistol match and I'll pay for the paint... Hell we should do "team" match and you and I can take on 2 other "victims"

I'm down for it!!! It's actually got me thinking about picking up some Tiberius goods, but meh.... wouldn't use em enough me thinks.

Not to mention you aren't one to stand back and "plink" at people if I recall.

DM

i dropped my tube of 8 on the the same rig we used for paint brittleness testing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRUZhWgk4MY

basically 8 foot drop onto oak, and i got 1 bounce. the sample size is really not large enough to do a great comparison with the other paintball we dropped, but it does show that is does break to an effective level.

bryce used his 8 in a 75 foot accuracy test - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fecvr_HWdBM

we are planning a dual chrono test, a high speed video test, and a true accuracy test at range (125 feet?)

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    wow. good test. I expected more accuracy than was shown. It would be nice to get your hands on a few hundred.

It looks like the advantage will come with distance. where normal paintballs drop off after ~ 100 ft these will continue. As for accuracy tho it seems about the same (up to ~80 ft)
    Last edited by MANN; 02-15-2009 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    wow. good test. I expected more accuracy than was shown. It would be nice to get your hands on a few hundred.

It looks like the advantage will come with distance. where normal paintballs drop off after ~ 100 ft these will continue. As for accuracy tho it seems about the same (up to ~80 ft)
    yeah we need more. they might be coming on to techpb as a sponsor so hopefully we will get a bunch of them to test. i really want to do a finnish the brittleness test, and the high speed will be awesome looking.

yeah nice tests, I will be looking forward to seeing more tests.
    And also looking forward to seeing how we can use these in a normal marker without taking out the barrel each time

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown
    yeah nice tests, I will be looking forward to seeing more tests.
    And also looking forward to seeing how we can use these in a normal marker without taking out the barrel each time
    ramrod?

muzzle loaders ftw! lol

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    ramrod?
    Yeah just wonder how many people will ram it hard enough to break it...

I've got some ideas in mind, but nothing that will take place anytime soon.

DM

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    so now we need to find a system to load these.

1 make a plug for the breech.
    2 make a screw in breech (will screw in where the barrel goes), and have a spot for the barrel to screw into
    3 make some sort of clip to feed through it.

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    so now we need to find a system to load these.

1 make a plug for the breech.
    2 make a screw in breech (will screw in where the barrel goes), and have a spot for the barrel to screw into
    3 make some sort of clip to feed through it.

somebody should see if they work in a smg68.

All they need to do is package them differently.

Instead of like this

{ { { { { { { {

They need to be like this

}
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }

Then you just stick the tube into your vert feed marker with the rounds facing the right direction.

Gravity will take care of the rest.