Thread: No RT with my X valve

stoffa15 Guest

Question No RT with my X valve

Alright I must say when I finally received my new/used X valve I was way too happy.the first thing I did was tune the X valve to wear it doesn't leak or stick. I must say this a way cool feature. I used the smallest carrier with two shims and the medium spring cause the heavier one was causing some stick.

I do have a Ule on the valve and when I was trying to walk the trigger was getting some chuffs. wtf???? Is that supposed to happen with a X valve???? Now I read up on the whole Ule trigger and I'm supposed to but in enouh shims for it to runaway and then take one out.nut no more than 6 shims. I have a total of 6 shims in there right now what do I do????

specs.
    I'm using a preset 800 psi 4500psi tank
    ptp 45 double trigger
    classic rail
    ul body
    X valve with the Ule

I've oiled the orings in the Ule
    and cleaned everything like I should

I' trying get away with not buying a adjustable reg but if I have to I guess I'll bite the bullet
    and shaving the on off pin is also a no no, my luck I'll bend it or shave too much

help me guys, please

Chris

Unfortunately, the only solution is more pressure. I think a lot have better luck w/ 850 psi and higher.
    I am also stuck in the 800-psi-isn't-enough crowd. I'm thinking about swapping out my reg soon though for another preset.

If you're not into the adjustable regs, you may want to check out the NitroDuck I-Reg. You can replace the springs to give an output of 1000psi. I have no experience with it myself but a few members here love it.

Quote Originally Posted by stoffa15
    Alright I must say when I finally received my new/used X valve I was way too happy.the first thing I did was tune the X valve to wear it doesn't leak or stick. I must say this a way cool feature. I used the smallest carrier with two shims and the medium spring cause the heavier one was causing some stick.

I do have a Ule on the valve and when I was trying to walk the trigger was getting some chuffs. wtf???? Is that supposed to happen with a X valve???? Now I read up on the whole Ule trigger and I'm supposed to but in enouh shims for it to runaway and then take one out.nut no more than 6 shims. I have a total of 6 shims in there right now what do I do????

specs.
    I'm using a preset 800 psi 4500psi tank
    ptp 45 double trigger
    classic rail
    ul body
    X valve with the Ule

I've oiled the orings in the Ule
    and cleaned everything like I should

I' trying get away with not buying a adjustable reg but if I have to I guess I'll bite the bullet
    and shaving the on off pin is also a no no, my luck I'll bend it or shave too much

help me guys, please

Chris

Heres something thats in the works.
    https://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=236434

I cant wait

I just took the ULT out of my pneumag until I can find some orings for it. It never leaked, but the pin just wouldn't move. The top oring is hard and tight. It got to the point of not opening at all. It used to work for RT and semi action, but on the pneu you could see the ram pop it back and it would return slowly. You didn't see the arm go out as much as you saw it return. I put an RT on/off in it for now.