Thread: Is there a fix?

Is there a fix?

So the first mag I ever owned came with the smart parts magic box. Yes, I know now that there is nothing PFM about it, but it sits there as a part of my valve.

My question is, would there be any issue with the box being removed and having the front hole filled with a set screw and some red loctite?

shouldnt be so long as you get it sealed so it doesnt leak

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    I know very little about them, and would assume what I am saying is wrong....however, before you take it off make sure the valve halves are drilled internally.

From the pictures, the "working" part of the magic box looks like a 1/8" pipe nipple. It would make sense that the plug would need to be 1/8" NPT (pipe thread), like an ASA plug. Use a brass plug, so that once you got it plugged, maybe you can sand it smooth so it will fit a regular body. At least that was my plan for any smartmag that fell into my hands.

Furnace is the only salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW
    From the pictures, the "working" part of the magic box looks like a 1/8" pipe nipple. It would make sense that the plug would need to be 1/8" NPT (pipe thread), like an ASA plug. Use a brass plug, so that once you got it plugged, maybe you can sand it smooth so it will fit a regular body. At least that was my plan for any smartmag that fell into my hands.

That's kinda what I was thinking/hoping. But I don't really want to screw up a working valve if I don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler_Mark
    Furnace is the only salvation.
    I'm not ready for that yet.

EDIT:
    found this in the vault:
    Quote Originally Posted by RobAGD
    All the Smart Mags are Level 7's

You in theroy can remove the box but the plug you end up putting in the side of the valve tends to have leaking issues.

There were no "extra" parts from the install. They drill and thread a hole in the side of teh air valve to the Air chamber and screw in a holor plug to increse the AC's volume there by droping the working pressure 25-50psi and raising the gas use 30% or more.

-Robert
    I may give it a go then...
    Last edited by zondo; 03-02-2009 at 02:58 AM.

or i could trade you a classic valve for it?

Alright, so here's what is under the "Magic" box...
    (swiped from another thread)

Has anyone successfully removed these fittings?

hmm, the front one might be removed with a screw driver, the back one... perhaps a strap wrench, or a vice if u dont care about damaging the magical part of the magic box

tho, the only thing i see thats magical from that pic is the valve they drilled a hole into

You know, if you can fit a long plug in there so that it takes up some dump chamber space, you could turn your salvage mod into a 12 gram performance improvement mod. The plug would have to be custom I think, but it's an idea...

The anti-magic plug.

Ive never actually noticed the valve is longer than a normal lvl7 valve. It looks like a 3 piece rather than a 2, Whats inside the section between the reg back and the power tube front section?

so what did the back tube do?

the valve isnt longer than a normal valve, the rail has been cut, and the body has a slot for the magic box.
    as for the longe tube in back, id say it's just the air input, only longer to accommodate the front tube's length and the box to cover them both

Looks like the whole mod is centered around the front knob to increase the volume of the dump chamber to lower pressure. The back tube is just an extension of where you would normally plug into your valve (male-male adapter). The black box just looks like a cover-up to make the mod more appealing than 2 tubes sticking out of your valve.

Looks like the whole mod is centered around the front knob to increase the volume of the dump chamber to lower pressure. The back tube is just an extension of where you would normally plug into your valve (male-male adapter). The black box just looks like a cover-up to make the mod more appealing than 2 tubes sticking out of your valve.
    Yeah and all for the bargain price of 150 dollars (as I recall)

how about capping one of the holes with a mini PSI gauge?

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTC
    how about capping one of the holes with a mini PSI gauge?
    I actually bought one from KC for just such an occasion... but I'd like to trade to someone who would want it assembled before I try and rip this stuff off.