Thread: A nice HPA tank to "R/T" with..?

A nice HPA tank to "R/T" with..?

So I'm bringing all my Micromags up to date with X-valves, pneumatics, on/offs and other such goodies (no, I'm not tossing the stock parts ) and I've got some air-source questions.

I currently use a big ol' Pure Energy 72/3000 with the stock reg for my markers that require HPA; it was a good deal for $50 new and all of my mags seem to work fine with it (I use anti-siphon c02 on my classics) but I'm looking for more "RT-ability" and less starvation of the valve in quick-shooting situations. I'm setting up another pneumag and emag, and I haven't been satisfied with my current air source.

I'm wondering what tank/reg combos can be had for under(or around) $150 that will give me decent output for R/Ting, be less heavy than my clunky steel tank, and be able to run a good few games off of one fill.

Look into Crossfire tanks.

That is what I have and I can do this with it.

Sorry about the vid quality, filmed with my cell phone.

Also, look for a Ninja reg. They should be $60 new and will take the place of the existing reg on your tank. They have a variable output that goes as high as 900psi, and from what I hear they are very consistant and reliable.

They are also quite small compared to many other regs.

http://www.ninjapaintball.com/produc...all_air_system

Looks like the "NINJA PAINTBALL" guys have a nice combo for cheap... Any knowledge as to the quality (or origin) of their CF tanks? $155 looks mighty nice to me as it's got a fresh 5 year hydro and comes set up.

Also, every tank I own has a brass bonnet... What are the advantages of aluminum other than being less malleable?

stoffa15 Guest

steelies suck!!!!!!!

If your going do all these things to your mag get a better tank. steelies only hold 3000psi= less shots per fill.We as Mag owners know what its like to have to fill up your tank after ever fill. I personally use a 4500psi 110cu tank. Go on action village you'll find yourself a WGP 68cu 4500psi tank for 100 shipped. you can't beat that deal with a stick.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...CategoryExpand
    You can thank me later, lol

Quote Originally Posted by stoffa15
    If your going do all these things to your mag get a better tank. steelies only hold 3000psi= less shots per fill.We as Mag owners know what its like to have to fill up your tank after ever fill. I personally use a 4500psi 110cu tank. Go on action village you'll find yourself a WGP 68cu 4500psi tank for 100 shipped. you can't beat that deal with a stick.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...CategoryExpand
    You can thank me later, lol
    Preset to 850 psi output. I like the sound of that. What's the deal with the lack of a "TC Stamp" and the hydro being as old as January 2008? Will that be a hassle (i.e. am I better off with a $150 in-hydro Ninja setup)?

The TC stamp only applies if you live/play in Canada. If your staying in the States and don't ever plan on playing here, then that isn't a problem.

Action Village, I find, is a clearing house of last years stock, so you will find tanks made in '08. That just means that you get 1 less year of use before you need to hydro the tank again. In reality though, if you figure out how much your saving vs. the cost of a hydro. You figure out for yourself what is better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    I'm wondering what tank/reg combos can be had for under(or around) $150 that will give me decent output for R/Ting, be less heavy than my clunky steel tank, and be able to run a good few games off of one fill.
    Most any 800 PSI tank can be use for R/Ting if it has a good recharge rate and you use a Quad O-ring and a .712 on/off pin.

you could do what I did and find a old Smart Parts ajustable maxflow That way you can set the output to what you want. Just make sure to check the hydro date before filling it. When I found mine it had a 68ci 3000psi fiber tank that was way way out of hydro.

Air America tank/reg combos are a great deal/steal (like mags, nobody these days know anything about them.) The Raptor, Raptor Rex, Apocalypse & Armageddon, while on the "clunky" side, are fully adjustable with simple allen wrench and can dump 1000psi into your mag if desired. The regulators are almost identical to the mag's valve and can take the same seals/o-rings so leaks & rebuilds are no problem.
    But like your mag be prepared to do your research and stock spares since there is no support anymore at any field for us.

Really? Similar to a Classic or RT valve? That is nice to know! Air America regs are great, and they look cool.... And get even more questions than my Mag does That's A LOT of questions!

MOTY3

Max Flo

Quote Originally Posted by pbjunky99
    you could do what I did and find a old Smart Parts ajustable maxflow That way you can set the output to what you want. Just make sure to check the hydro date before filling it. When I found mine it had a 68ci 3000psi fiber tank that was way way out of hydro.

I bought a 68 /4500 tank off my buddy for $50 bucks. The tank is SP and also says Max Flo.He has a Max Flo reg that he thinks came with it. My question is are all the Max flo regs the same ? If I get the reg from him will I be able to crank it up enough to make my new RT on/off " RT "?
    Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333
    I bought a 68 /4500 tank off my buddy for $50 bucks. The tank is SP and also says Max Flo.He has a Max Flo reg that he thinks came with it. My question is are all the Max flo regs the same ? If I get the reg from him will I be able to crank it up enough to make my new RT on/off " RT "?
    Thanx
    NO, all MaxFlo regs are not the same.

There are high pressure Max Flo and Low Pressure max flo regs.

Make sure it is a high pressure and you are all set.
    You can replace the spring pack in the low pressure to make them high pressure, but they may not be so easy to find anymore.

I use an old manifold style high pressure max flo to make my mags "do the deed".
    Be sure to tune that Level X or you will make a mess.

MOTY3

Tank pressure

I cranked my Nitro Duck up to 1100 psi with my new RT on/off and it reacted very well. It would only RT for a short time and then puke air down the barrel.The o ring on top of the on/off pin is fine but I only had around 1100 to 1200 psi left in my tank.Would the pressure in my tank equaling the same psi that I am feeding my valve cause it to leak down the barrel. I guess the gun would act essentialy as if the tank was out of air..am I thinking straight?
    In regard to tanks, what lasts longer on the same marker..volume or pressure? My Nitro Duck holds 3000 psi and Im guessing it's around 90 c.i. My SP tank is 68 c.i. and 4500 psi. Which tank lasts longer between fills on the same marker ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333
    I cranked my Nitro Duck up to 1100 psi with my new RT on/off and it reacted very well. It would only RT for a short time and then puke air down the barrel.The o ring on top of the on/off pin is fine but I only had around 1100 to 1200 psi left in my tank.Would the pressure in my tank equaling the same psi that I am feeding my valve cause it to leak down the barrel. I guess the gun would act essentialy as if the tank was out of air..am I thinking straight?
    In regard to tanks, what lasts longer on the same marker..volume or pressure? My Nitro Duck holds 3000 psi and Im guessing it's around 90 c.i. My SP tank is 68 c.i. and 4500 psi. Which tank lasts longer between fills on the same marker ?
    I think the rule is, roughly, 10 times the cu inch for 3000psi tanks and 15 times the cu inch for 4500psi. So 900 shots on your nitro duck and 1020 shots on you SP.

MOTY3

Tank

Thanks X.