Thread: RT on/off problem

RT on/off problem

Correct me if I am wrong, but to install an RT on/off in a classic, you pull out the old on/off, both top and bottom pieces, then put the RT in, right? I tried this, and the RT is sticking out a little, not allowing the reg to slide into the body. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by leloup
    Correct me if I am wrong, but to install an RT on/off in a classic, you pull out the old on/off, both top and bottom pieces, then put the RT in, right? I tried this, and the RT is sticking out a little, not allowing the reg to slide into the body. Any suggestions?
    Did you leave an o-ring in there?

Or leave one on its side?

There is an oring on the top of the rt, is that what you mean?

Remove the outer o-ring on the RT On/Off(its the outer one on top of the on/off assembly)to use it in a Classic Valve. That outer o-ring is for XValves and RT E-mag valves.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueFactor
    Remove the outer o-ring on the RT On/Off(its the outer one on top of the on/off assembly)to use it in a Classic Valve. That outer o-ring is for XValves and RT E-mag valves.
    We're talking about a classic automag valve, not a classic RT valve, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW
    We're talking about a classic automag valve, not a classic RT valve, correct?
    Yeah. He wants to use a RT On/Off in a Classic Automag Valve.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueFactor
    Yeah. He wants to use a RT On/Off in a Classic Automag Valve.
    The classic automag valve uses both top on/off o-rings, regardless of classic or RT on/off. Yes?

More problems.
    I have two mags, one a classics 68, the other a magic box 68. When I pulled the on/off out of the magic box, I can see a white oring in the hole. The classic (the one I am keeping, and shoots fine) has a dark oring with a groove in it. I don't even know if it is an oring, but I don't know how to remove it. I cannot use the small oring on top of the rt on/off with this oring type item still down in the hole. Anyway, with the regular on/off, the marker cycles. With the rt, it does not. Any recommendations for what I should do? Any tips on how to remove the dark oring type thing or should I?

On the classic valve, there needs to be one 3/8" diameter oring down in the on/off hole first. Then make sure the smaller white oring goes on the on/off assy/pin before inserting it in the hole. You will feel the small oring pop inside the larger one when installing the on/off. RT on/off is the same with a few exceptions. Dont concern yourself with thise right now. Make sure the on/off pin is around .750.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW
    The classic automag valve uses both top on/off o-rings, regardless of classic or RT on/off. Yes?
    Correct. No need to remove any orings.

Any idea why it is not cycling while the rt is in?

Quote Originally Posted by leloup
    Any idea why it is not cycling while the rt is in?
    Either the On/off is not letting the sear travel far enough, or it won't let any gas to the powertube.

Or, your velocity is way too low.

Ideas on how to fix this?