Thread: Emag wont shoot in e mode

Emag wont shoot in e mode

Hey guys need a little help with the Emag. For some reason my Emag wont shoot in e mode. It shoots in mech mode fine. I have software 3.2, and the trigger 'triggers' fine in test mode. I can actually hear the solenoid click a little when I try to fire, but the marker wont fire. Thanks.

how hard is the noid pulling? do you have another battery to try? its typically either the battery or noid. Your sear plunger might have vibrated out of spec aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler_Mark
    how hard is the noid pulling? do you have another battery to try? its typically either the battery or noid. Your sear plunger might have vibrated out of spec aswell
    I don't have another battery to try. How hard should the noid pull? And how would i know if the sear plunger vibrated out of spec?

most likely the battery or charger, how old is the marker?
    my charger when on me a few months ago and my Emag is like 5 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrishew09
    I'm not sure exactly how old it is, but I know it is fairly old. How can I test the battery?

arn't all E Mags considered old

& yes we need to know more ;
    battery voltage ? should be around 18 fully charged
    Soleniod , that trickier with out seeing it , IIRC you should see ABOUT 4 threads above the nut . With it aired up & pulling the trigger in E mode , pull down on the solenoid plunger slowly ( make it go into the solenoid ) & see if at one point it will pull it in
    Unless you have a meter to check other thigs thats about as far as I'll go without holding it

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic
    arn't all E Mags considered old

& yes we need to know more ;
    battery voltage ? should be around 18 fully charged
    Soleniod , that trickier with out seeing it , IIRC you should see ABOUT 4 threads above the nut . With it aired up & pulling the trigger in E mode , pull down on the solenoid plunger slowly ( make it go into the solenoid ) & see if at one point it will pull it in
    Unless you have a meter to check other thigs thats about as far as I'll go without holding it
    Just checked and the battery was 18.5 just charged. I did notice that the battery got very hot while charging. Haven't noticed that before. Going to gas it up now and see if I can push the plunger down and see if the noid will pull it in at some point. Thanks for your help.

Gassed it up. Seems like if I push the plunger about half way down, the solenoid will pull it the rest of the way when the trigger is pulled. What do you think?

if the battery got warm when you charged it then it isn't the charger. don't rule out the battery yet though, just b/c the open circuit voltage is around 18.5vdc doesn't necessarily mean it's good.
    what you can do is measure the battery voltage when you pull the trigger and the solenoid tries to fire. if you notice that the voltage drops below, i'd say, 15vdc then it's most likely a bad battery.

if the battery got warm when you charged it then it isn't the charger. don't rule out the battery yet though, just b/c the open circuit voltage is around 18.5vdc doesn't necessarily mean it's good.
    what you can do is measure the battery voltage when you pull the trigger and the solenoid tries to fire. if you notice that the voltage drops below, i'd say, 15vdc then it's most likely a bad battery.
    True , I've had a couple batterys that will read a charge , but will not hold under a load & the E mag solenoid is a fair load
    I have also had E's that , i'll say the solenoid is weak & by adjusting plunger length by a thread or 2 they would work ( this is a stop gap , if the solenoid has to be adjusted " out of spec " time to look for a new noid ) , I also don't use locktite on my plunger threads but put a drop of fingernail polish on them so i can tell if the adjustment has moved , also the plunger needs to be clean , I leave mine dry ( no oil or grease )