Thread: Help with my Xvalve!!!

Exclamation Help with my Xvalve!!!

ok, so my marker has been working fine, but I sent it into PPS to get a custom barrel. Now that I have it back, my gun will only fire 4-8 shots with the ULT in it before it starts half gassing and won't fire. I thought maybe I needed to readjust the shims, couldn't get the problem to go away so I put my stock parts back on and took out the ULT, and now it won't fire at all it'll just blow gas into the chamber.

I have D-Day in 2 weeks is there anything I can do to fix this or should I just send my xvalve into AGD?

Please help!

I think the proper term for my problem is Shootdown, it'll just start half firing after a burst and then I have to give it several seconds to recharge and it'll do a burst then shoot down again, I already went through everything on the troubleshooting for the website and I'm still having this issue.
    Last edited by CatoRockwell; 05-31-2009 at 01:43 AM.

checked all o-rings? i think its a pin problem... not sure though.

My guess is that the hole that the pin goes into and the o-ring it sits in and seals on are notworking right together. If they stick together the air wont be able to push the pin out fast and will cause the shootdown. The pin will eventually push back out and let all the air back into the dump chamber which makes it shoot normal speed again.

My suggestion is take the back half of the valve off and check all the small o-rings in there. Clean them and oil them.

Take out the smaller o-ring of the two in the on/off pin hole and check it and oil it.

If it doesnt work report back with some other info. such as what spring you are using, input pressure, velocity when not having shoot down, shims in the lvlx, carrier size

Darkblade, thanks soo much dude, it's working great, I had to clean the orings and then I took apart the whole xvalve and re oiled it, I guess when palmer's was making the barrel it somehow got really dried out. Maybe it was the shipping. anyhow, I feel like an idiot that such I overlooked such a simple thing.

Sounds like your LVL 10 carrier o-ring dried out.

The oil seems to have fixed it, but you might want to move up a half-carrier size.

after reading the part about how you're going to D-Day in 2 weeks a got a bit nervous. glad to hear you got your valve up and running. have fun at D-DAY! i wish i was going... stupid minnesota being far away...

D-Day is in oklahoma, and I'm heading out from Utah. I figured I've got to go just once. There are alot of people that come from around the continent, if you want to go look into carpooling.

Secretweaponvan: what did you mean move up a half carrier size?

no problem man glad i could help and have fun at d-day reppin the mags out there

Quote Originally Posted by CatoRockwell
    D-Day is in oklahoma, and I'm heading out from Utah. I figured I've got to go just once. There are alot of people that come from around the continent, if you want to go look into carpooling.

Secretweaponvan: what did you mean move up a half carrier size?
    The symptoms you described are usually that of a LVL 10 carrier that is too dry and perhaps too tight as well. It is recommended that you use the largest carrier that doesn't leak.

The only other thing it could be (from the symptoms you described) would be a gummed up regulator.

pardon my lack of knowledge

what is a Carrier?

Remove your valve, unscrew the power tube tip (be very careful not to loose any shims) and use something to pull out the little brass spacer thing inside the power tube. That is the carrier. Carriers come in different sizes because the size of o-rings can vary slightly from batch to batch and the LvL 10 needs a perfect fitting o-ring.

Edit: Read this - https://automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml