Thread: Some JT Tac5 questions... Yes, I'm serious.

Red face Some JT Tac5 questions... Yes, I'm serious.

So I picked up a JT Tac5 for $5 from the back room of a local shop... I guess some guy brought it in to fix a leak which turned out to be just an untaped fitting on the ASA. The guy refused to pay, so they sold his marker to me for the cost of the repair which is apparently their protocol for unpaid marker repairs for low-end stuff It's the old style, with the bolt-on breach and thick white detent.

Anyway, I've stripped it down and I can't figure out what it's made of... It's clearly been painted or powdercoated (not anodized) but it seems to be aluminum. What's this body made of?

Also, the plastic valve body/casing/stem is cracked. Where can you get parts for these things?

Lastly, does anybody know where one could find a manual that shows all the internals? It didn't come with one and I feel like something might be missing?

Laugh it up guys, but the internals are basically like those of a Tippmann 98 and I want to make this into something slightly more cool than a $50 Walmart marker.

*Edit:
    Also, anyone know a good machinist who could clone the "front" (breech?) with some significant changes, and maybe make me a bolt?
    Last edited by Frizzle Fry; 06-01-2009 at 01:28 AM.

I know nothing about it except that you should put a Mag valve into it and use it as a sleeper

Parts and support:
    http://www.jtusa.com/?support
    Manual:
    http://www.jtusa.com/images/support/Tac-5M_Black.pdf
    Have two. They can be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanta B Sniper
    I know nothing about it except that you should put a Mag valve into it and use it as a sleeper
    OH MY GOD I WAS THINKING THAT!

The interior looks like it could easily accept an SS ring similar to the micromag... For schnitzengiggles I stuck an X-valve in and the inner diameter is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by 1stTarget
    Parts and support:
    http://www.jtusa.com/?support
    Manual:
    http://www.jtusa.com/images/support/Tac-5M_Black.pdf
    Have two. They can be fun.
    Thanks man! Just what I was looking for.

*edit: actually, I'm looking for the "old model" that has a bolt-on breech.
    Last edited by Frizzle Fry; 06-01-2009 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    OH MY GOD I WAS THINKING THAT!

The interior looks like it could easily accept an SS ring similar to the micromag... For schnitzengiggles I stuck an X-valve in and the inner diameter is perfect

No way! The ring would be pretty simple, all you have to do is rig up a sear. Does it have a double trigger or single trigger? I'm trying to think of whether it needs an RT on/off, ULT or pneu frame

Quote Originally Posted by Wanta B Sniper
    No way! The ring would be pretty simple, all you have to do is rig up a sear. Does it have a double trigger or single trigger? I'm trying to think of whether it needs an RT on/off, ULT or pneu frame
    It'd probably be easiest to just Pneu it, it comes with a double trigger. The frame is a bit anorexic, but it's got a meaty open area up top (like the tray on an old Timmy) that could hold a piston, and the part behind the trigger is just big enough for an MPA-3. Hell, a small LPR could fit in that frame no problem. The issue would be barrel threading... Best bet would be to have a threaded insert connected to the SS insert, and use a PPS brass barrel that would fit the ID of the gun and be held in place with the breech section.

That said, this one is slated for a different life, so that'll have to be a future project. My current Tac5 now has the trigger guard filed off, the buttstock extended, a single trigger, and disabled blowback. I'm actually looking for a machinist to help me fabricate a few parts to finish the project.

thanks to this thread, Im now hunting a Tac-5 to turn into a sleeper pneu-mag

Quote Originally Posted by automagmasta
    thanks to this thread, Im now hunting a Tac-5 to turn into a sleeper pneu-mag
    Heheheh... The disease spreads..

Well you asked for it. Put Tipp internals in, a e button trigger, board: aka select fire including full auto. Surprises people.