Thread: RT ON/OFF / lvl X Problems

MOTY3

RT ON/OFF / lvl X Problems

I recently installed an RT on/off in my X Valve and have yet to get it going right. The top (white o ring ) keeps coming off the pin and lodging between the top of the pin and the bottom of the on/off hole. When this happens the pin is pushed through the hole in the valve body and I have to force the pin back through the hole to remove the valve from the body.I am afraid I am going to eventually bend the pin. Why is this happening.
    Also the X valve was bought used with the ULT and lvl X bolt .I have no extra carriers or springs and since I installed the new RT on/off it has started chopping balls like crazy. I have a Torque 440 Loud Mouth (man that thing is heavy)on it so I believe the hopper is keeping up ok.I should be getting some extra parts for the lvl X from the guy I bought it from. Hopefully some different carriers and springs.Where should I start to "Tune" the bolt so it wont chop at high cps.

Did you put the large oring down in the hole first before inserting the on/off assy with the small oring attached to the pin?
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

MOTY3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    Did you put the large oring down in the hole first before inserting the on/off assy with the small oring attached to the pin?
    No sir......I am only familiar with the A.I.R Valve that I know has the large and small o rings.
    When I got the X valve (used from a paint ball shop) it had a ULT on/off in it with no large o ring in the hole.When I bought the new RT on/off it didn't have the large o ring with it just the small white one attached to the top of the pin.I think maybe I did a bad thing didn't I.
    This is why it leaks down the barrel sometimes also right?

Now I just need to get my bolt to stop chopping balls...................

Well it wont work without that large oring... Take the one off of the ULT and use that...

A lot of that going on lately.

Maybe its from the picture on the online store, which only shows the small o-ring.

MOTY3

O rings

Yeah it is a little confusing, when I got the "used X Valve" it did not have a large o ring"in" the on/off hole so I didn't think it was supposed to have one.It does have one "around" the top of ithe on/off in the groove.
    So to clarify : The top of the ULT has a small O ring sunk down into the top of it where the RT on/off does not.The top of the ULT pin is small where the top of the RT pin is larger.
    So are you supposed to use the small white o ring and the larger one that fits snug in the hole for all of the on/off assemblys?
    Would the absence of this larger o ring (in the hole) in addition to letting it leak air mess up the timing as well on the bolt causing it to chop balls while RTing?
    Last edited by Flatliner333; 06-04-2009 at 01:24 PM.

MOTY3

O Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    Well it wont work without that large oring... Take the one off of the ULT and use that...
    Ok I put the large O ring in the hole (I had one from a rebuild kit) and it is not leaking anymore. I can't hardly get it to RT now at any psi.I have tried from 900 to 1200 and still nothing.I guess tomorrow I will try and start shortening the pin.Will it also require less PSI to the gun to get it to RT if I shorten the on/off pin, that would be nice? I have a .750 pin in it now, I think i will take it down 1/32 and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW
    A lot of that going on lately.

Maybe its from the picture on the online store, which only shows the small o-ring.

Well, it might also be that AGD is sending people RT on/off's without the large o-ring.

I bought one, and it came assembled just like the photo, with no large onring on top. I had to reuse the one off my old on/off.

I guess AGD assumes we are using these in RT classics?
    Last edited by frans42000; 06-07-2009 at 02:25 AM.