Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Round Two

Yes. He seems to be a bit busy, but I have spoken to him since his computer died.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbed
    anyone heard from zap since he got his computer back up?
    Yeah, he PM'd me yesterday. It was a couple days before he replied, so just be patient, he'll get back to you.

He has had my frame since October 24 and said he was going to work on it that Sunday, I must have annoyed him with my constant emailing for updates, hence the slow response. I really need to learn to be more patient. I’m sure your right… with a hot little unit like this he probably has orders coming out the ying-yang.

Just got back from Nebraska and still behind. I should have said something before we left. We got called to see my wife's Grandmother on short notice. She is not doing so well and we wanted to see her again before it's too late. It's been a few years since we visited her.

My brother blew up my lathe while we were gone. He figured out how to make a few parts from my crude drawings when the motor went up in smoke. I was kind of expecting it sooner or later so I got a bigger motor and controller a while back. Still need to make a mounting bracket tho. The plan was to install the new motor after this run anyway. Going to fix her up today.

It's been a pretty slow start but I am still confident we will come out way ahead of x-mas in the end. My bro is picking up on this pretty fast and once we get a system worked out it is going to fly. I am impressed that he was able to get a few parts done without any help or previous metal shop experience! He did scrap a few parts practicing though. Our goal is to finish this run before December!

Inbox was full again and cleared it out.

6 spots left!

<--- WORLDS FASTEST MARKER!

Watch me OUTSHOOT a Victory Board HALO

No Patent Infringements needed

Will this fit directly into an RPG Triton Frame without modding it?

Edit: After carefully reading through again, I found my answer, must of glanced over it the first time.

You may have a PM soon sir.

Also any experience on how well this will operate with a ULT in an X-Valve? It wasa touched upon but not much info besides that.
    Last edited by Sneaky Sir; 11-05-2009 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZapTheMad
    Still need to make a mounting bracket tho.
    I hope you hadn't planned on using the lathe to make the mounting bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77
    I hope you hadn't planned on using the lathe to make the mounting bracket.
    I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to add insult to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Sir
    Also any experience on how well this will operate with a ULT in an X-Valve? It wasa touched upon but not much info besides that.
    I think that's what Zap runs in his gun. I dunno. Hopefully I'll be able to test it this weekend.

Cheater

Hey Zap
    Put me down for one of those last spots, I have a Dallarra body with an Airwalk frame and was going to put in a regular pnumatic kit (it is really tight and this could save me a little modification work)
    Nice job man!
    PMing you now

Is there an official list? just want to be sure I'm on it...Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flyingpootang
    If you paid, he responds back to you with your number (1-40). If you haven't received a response from him, I would check

Quote Originally Posted by flyingpootang

Yep, I replied to every order with an order number. Shoot me an email if you did not receive it. My list is by your real name and I will be happy to confirm.

Quick update. Got the new motor installed and running for a short time. I blew up the controller while fine tuning the speed adjustments. Looked up at my volt meter before touching the probe and hit something bad right when I looked away. Had a spectacular fireworks show! New controller should be here monday and I won't make that $100 mistake again. I'm a little angry that the fuse did not blow instead of the board erupting in sparks.

My son is a happy camper because I've been using the down time to put a dent in his pile of broken toys!

Anyhow, off to bed. Went out to the bar with my bro and I'm toasted. Next update after I get the lathe going again.

Sent my money, I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Sir
    Will this fit directly into an RPG Triton Frame without modding it?
    Sorry if it was not clear. These work best with X-valve and ULT for the lightest possible trigger. But they will work on any valve. You just need to run it at a higher pressure to compensate for the increase in pull force.

Thanks for the answer Zap, I plan to use an X-valve and ULT so this will work out great. One more question, anyone have an info on if this will just drop in a Cerberus Airwalk frame or will I have to do a little modding?

Paypal sent for a cheater

Wooot!!!!

Got my Chimera back from him yesterday!!

Let me tell you, having him fit it in custom was well worth the time and money.

If you're concerned about the cheater not dropping into your frame, send it to him. He does a VERY good clean install. He actually went so far as to re-cut the body of my cheater to custom fit it to the curves of my frame. the ONLY mods that were done to my frame were the holes for the set screws that hold it in place.

If Zap doesn't already have pictures of it, I'll try to take some in the next few days and post em up.

Oh, and there IS enough room for both the Cheater AND the intelli switch!

Just wondering what order number you were. So we all know how far into the orders it has progressed.

I'm #27 and looking forward to it.

6 From the First run.

Some time delays in there on my end.
    Edit: Now with Pictures!!!

More pictures
    Last edited by vf-xx; 11-11-2009 at 08:29 AM.

Pictures are great... let's see some videos!

Quote Originally Posted by zondo
    Pictures are great... let's see some videos!
    With paint!

Lost goods

Zap could you please confirm that you recieved my trigger frame (benchmark groovy single trigger). Your last message got me a bit worried that it has been misplaced during shipping. If that is the case then I'll have to try and find another. I'm hoping that you got it and there is no worries.

hmmmm these look awesome. looking at getting one if there are any spots left.

sending a pm as well

PM'd ya Zap

Quote Originally Posted by skyless
    Zap could you please confirm that you recieved my trigger frame (benchmark groovy single trigger). Your last message got me a bit worried that it has been misplaced during shipping. If that is the case then I'll have to try and find another. I'm hoping that you got it and there is no worries.
    Yep, got it. thought I sent you a confirmation.

I'm having a kiniption fit over here. Tracking shows my lathe parts delivered to Illinois on tuesday. But I live in CALIFORNIA! Still waiting to hear back about what the heck is going on. I've been sitting here dead in the water all week and I'm getting frustrated because I can't get any work done. I should have checked the tracking sooner but I assumed everything was in order and the shipment was just running late. Man, I should have known better. They screwed up the first order too and forgot to send an additional part but they took care of that right away when time wasn't an issue. Now that it matters I got hosed!

I'm off to see if I can find something at the local electronics surplus so I can get up and running. Hopefully it wont cost an arm and leg.

Zap, no need to rush or get stressed. Take it easy, we can be patient

ya I'm in no real hurry. So don't stress too much
    You said around Christmas time, its not quite here yet so you've got lots of time. Hell I don't even have an LPR yet.

Hey EZ, any good places in Canada to get a Tickler? (and don't say Montreal, thats not the kind I'm looking for )

Quote Originally Posted by longi
    With paint!
    No good place to live fire test @ home. And no decent vid capabilities either. Will see what I can dig up when I take a group out over Thanksgiving.

Full steam ahead! Got her up and running better than ever. Old motor ran hot as hell and flickered the lights when I fired it up. New motor doesn't even break a sweat and runs about 1000 RPM faster. It also runs as low as 20 RPM under load without stalling. Best part is no more changing belts for speed adjustments! It took a while but I couldn't be happier with the performance. There was a mix up in shipping so my parts took 7 days to get here. Lots going on this weekend and I won't get much time in the shop. I just want to start getting caught up. I'm pretty far behind and want to get some smiles on some faces. They're coming soon! Next update will have some shipments out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZapTheMad
    Full steam ahead! Got her up and running better than ever. Old motor ran hot as hell and flickered the lights when I fired it up. New motor doesn't even break a sweat and runs about 1000 RPM faster. It also runs as low as 20 RPM under load without stalling. Best part is no more changing belts for speed adjustments! It took a while but I couldn't be happier with the performance. There was a mix up in shipping so my parts took 7 days to get here. Lots going on this weekend and I won't get much time in the shop. I just want to start getting caught up. I'm pretty far behind and want to get some smiles on some faces. They're coming soon! Next update will have some shipments out.

I am doing the happy Dance!!!