Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Miniature High Pressure Air Compressor for Tank Refills??

Miniature High Pressure Air Compressor for Tank Refills??

All,

We were discussing today the possibility of a very small (and hopefully cheap) air compressor that could fill your tank to 4500 psi. The downside is that it would take over night to do it. This we think is similar to recharging a battery etc.

So the question is, if there was a reasonably priced air compressor the size of a pocket camera would it be something you would buy if it took over night to fill?? It would probably plug in the wall.

AGD

For a reasonable price i would be interested. It would not be something i intend to use for a day of playing backyard ball but it would be great for those times when i am at home troubleshooting and maintaining my markers and havent had a chance to top off my tanks before i left the field. The other advantage would be to top off my tank before i get to the field to eliminate one extra step i would need to take to help get me on the field faster.

Price point?

I'd probably spend $50-75, particularly if it could be regulated down to 3k for scuba tanks.
    God....I guess I was probably returning videotapes.

Ha and no chance of a slam fill? I'll take Two[2] whats your paypal?

Like everything else price dependent I'm very interested. As it stands I have enough tanks that all of them filled would last me a day and some change of play. So yeah, I'd love to be able to plug into the house and fill my tanks. Auto shut off at desired PSI or timer on it and such and I'd love to have one to work with.

Mr. AGD brings this up? Me thinks he dropped the DB and Dino stuff for a minute! WOOT WOOT!!!! Let's see what ya got Tom!

DM

How about one that is bigger, but reasonably sized that can fill a bottle faster?

How long to fill a scuba tank up?

It costs me $4.50 to fill my scuba tank.

I can't even imagine how something that small could fill to that pressure. But i'm glad you can

Excellent Idea

I have two tanks that get me thru a case of paint with my mag no problem so two nights before I'll fill up and be ready to go. Plus having air around when you need to tinker with your level 10 never hurts either.

I would rather have it double sized and be able to fill a scuba tank or two tanks both linked to it.

The problem with one tank is it just isn't enough for a full day of play. If it could fill two or three I think friends could go in on one etc.

I would buy one for the right price. I have a 600$ booster and think it was definitely worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    How about one that is bigger, but reasonably sized that can fill a bottle faster?
    Fast costs more, how much you wanna spend?

Question, what would it cost me to buy what I need to do a 4500psi fill now? Even if it took fifteen minutes or more.

I would in a heart beat. Always been looking for one

I would love one. I can think of lots of other things that I could use it for also.

The liability of the unattended operation might be difficult though.

That would be awesome!! Yes, it would be useful

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothice
    How long to fill a scuba tank up?

It costs me $4.50 to fill my scuba tank.

I can't even imagine how something that small could fill to that pressure. But i'm glad you can
    Not to derail but..

4.50 .. jeez! I can get my tank filled with Nitrox for 50 cents more!

I'm all for it. As has been said by many, as long as the price is reasonable. I'm thinking sub-$75, considering a scuba fill (to 3k) is $3, and I can fill my HP tank 10-15 times with that before I'm down to around 1.2k or so. I wouldn't mind it being even the size of a small radio and filling 2-3 times faster if that is a possibility. Maybe being able to run it off of a cig lighter in the car so you can fill one tank at least a little bit while the other is being used. Can't wait to see where this one goes.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    To me it would depend on price and upkeep, noise, etc.

I keep a couple of SCUBA tanks around with air for tooling on markers and such. It would be nice to have something like that for a backyard game day so that I could start out with a full tank without a trip to the store first.

Note first word in thread title....................Miniature.

I would LOVE to have something like this. it is a 40 min drive to civilization, and I hate doing it just to fill my tanks. Not to mention, they are currently out of hydro, so no one will fill them. I don't want to spend the money on an expensive way to fill them. I don't even want to spend the money on a scuba tank. But if I could spend less than $100 on a machine that will fill a tank, I wouldn't mind if it took all night to do it. Please build it...I will buy it.
    Last edited by Ratt; 10-15-2009 at 11:47 PM.

I would buy one of those if price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Wood
    Not to derail but..

4.50 .. jeez! I can get my tank filled with Nitrox for 50 cents more!
    How does your mag shoot on nitrox?

So when is the sale thread going up?

What about the noise factor?

All day buzzing away would get fairly annoying if the tank wasn't in a garage or something.

I would use it to boost my tanks. When I get off of work I usually fill them, but my 45 cools to about 35 by the time I get home. It'd be nice to plug the tank in and when I get back from dinner have it topped off.

Even if it was one fill per day it still beats taking it down to get filled. Need something a little bigger that could fill a scuba too!

<--- WORLDS FASTEST MARKER!

Watch me OUTSHOOT a Victory Board HALO

No Patent Infringements needed

As long as it didn't make a hellacious racket....

Yeah that was my first concern,.. the noise factor.

The second Tom was operational cost.... what does it take to fill a tank over night in electrical costs?

Just some thoughts,.....

~ P8nt

Talking Go Go Go Go!!!

Tom,

I would buy one for sure! The only three points that I would be concerned are:

- Can I also limit the fill to go up to 3000 psi? This way I could leave it working for a couple of days and fill my smaller scuba tank as well. Or even sell the scuba and fill the smaller PSI tanks directly, which should be faster.
    - It's noise when working. If I'm going to leave it working overnight, that would need to be really silent since I live in an apartment.
    - It would have to have some sort of safety feature that would automatically shut it off when it reaches the desired pressure, so you won't explode your tank while sleaping (can you imagine that!?)

I'm so happy to see that you still think about paintball after all these years, thinking about new gun designs and speacially this. Please, keep doing it LOL Your products are the BEST ever in the industry so anything that comes from you is top notch for sure!

I think it's a great idea!!!

However, not too sure if the rest of the pb community would jump to get one. I assume that most of us top off our tanks at the field before we leave.
    As a result, there wouldn't be a huge demand for this... except for all of us tinkerers

A lot of Mag owners here are always working on their next "project" marker. It doesn't take me long to empty a full tank when I'm testing equipment and chrono'ing in my backyard. (not too many common players own a chronograph either, but that's a different story )

I think this would also be valuable for renegade/outlaw players who don't have the luxury of unlimited air at a commercial field.

As others have mentioned, I guess it would ultimately come down to price. While many of us here would be willing to pay more, the common player may not.

Wow. Amazing. I would buy one. What a great idea. It would be great for us basement "tinkers".

Great for tinkerers is right. What about outlaw ballers that shoot 500 rounds a day or so? It works there too. While I don't think it would do much for most of the agglets I see a distinct use for this to help with those who play outlaw rec. No more "mommy take me to ______ for CO2". Same demographic aim as the Tippman propane thing. Considering Tippmans new marker we saw pictures of there might be a strong market, I wonder how that thing is going to work with CO2.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

I'd be interested in one, provided it can take a 240v feed as well as 100v

Would mean I could offload my dive tank & fill station.