Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Miniature High Pressure Air Compressor for Tank Refills??

Wink

If its an AGD product I'd have to have one but all night to fill one tank isn't really practical.
    I'd still use my 3000psi scuba tank on game day.

Count me in if you come up with something

I'd buy one
    maybe like BigEvil said "Can it be a bit bigger to fill quicker?" I'm game

I want one !!!!!!
    I work at a store and get free fills, but I would still love to be able to fill tanks at home for when I'm tinkering. It also sounds a lot better than having to use a bicycle style pump, unless your trying to burn some calories or something, lol.

Could you fill a scuba tank in.. say a week? Seriously, I see an application there for the weekend baller.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    When I get off of work I usually fill them, but my 45 cools to about 35 by the time I get home.
    Thats cause they arent filling it right.

You can count me in... I might even by two if it were to ever exist... more importantly think about what this might do to paintball...

The ability to run fully homegrown HPA!!! It would be a fantastic return to backwoods/home grown paintball again. I love my field don't get me wrong but put that air in my basement and we'll be seeing much more backyard paintball. If a small compressor can fill a 4500 (assuming 70ci range?) it should fill a 3000 PSI SCUBA tank... I mean pressure is pressure, and volume is time. It would take a whole lot longer (a week?) to fill a SCUBA tank but really any compressor capable of that kind of pressure would be fine. Now, assuming that it's very inexpensive you'd have to make sure you didn't overfill your 3k SCUBA tank... but thats a personal issue.

Like I said, I'll take 2. AGD, if you want to bring paintball back to the good ol' days this could be a fantastic way to do it. At home HPA fills

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    Could you fill a scuba tank in.. say a week? Seriously, I see an application there for the weekend baller.
    That's what I was thinking. Even if it doesn't have electronic pressure (2k,3k,4.5k) and time controls (like running while you're not home), you could put it on an outlet timer.

Stack some of my spare regs up on the scuba tank and I have my weekend shop air. I usually don't get to play in the garage and on the field in the same weekend anyway.

I doubt TK would make this without some sort of safety device on it, and likely the ability to adjust to 3K as well

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    I doubt TK would make this without some sort of safety device on it, and likely the ability to adjust to 3K as well
    For sure. I'm just counting up the other ways I could use (justify) one. I have an old air brush compressor connected to a 5 gallon transport tank with an auto shutoff and unloader. It's a mess and less than 40 psi, but very useful sometimes. More uses means I can spend more money on a high pressure version.

Add me in, I'd take two.

3k Limiter would be nice but I'd be happy with anything. I hate when I'm down to 500PSI on the Scuba, projects to tinker with and no time to get it filled.

Yes. I'll take one. Limiting to 3k would be a bonus.

I'd definitely take one! I'm starting to tinker with my guns a lot more now and I'm going through a lot of air, and the shop is a little out of my way so I'd buy this simply out of convenience sake.

Once I finish my pnuemag I'll also be going through a lot of air dry firing so this would keep me going with that for a while...

Quiet, small and it'll take all night to fill

Now connect this to the flywheel of an ole hit or miss engine and viola!

Quote Originally Posted by Big'n slo

Quiet, small and it'll take all night to fill

Now connect this to the flywheel of an ole hit or miss engine and viola!
    Do those hand pumps actually work? I heard it takes a long time, but does work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stayhuge
    Do those hand pumps actually work? I heard it takes a long time, but does work.
    http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2006/...hand-pump.html

Little review on it

To destroy pump
    No. 2: This takes several pumping sessions, but is easy to do in less than one month. Don't allow your pump to cool down for 15 minutes after every five minutes of pumping! You will burn the high-temperature packing (the deepest seal in the pump!) and probably crack the brass fitting that holds it. The outward symptoms are a pump handle that refuses to stay down

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer
    Question, what would it cost me to buy what I need to do a 4500psi fill now? Even if it took fifteen minutes or more.
    I've wondered this myself. You need an industrial air compressor. You can find used 6000psi compressors for less than $1,000 if you're patient enough. Brand new, however, they're REALLY expensive. We're talking multiple thousands of dollars. And they're LOUD. You don't want to run it when you're in the house.

If you had a mini compressor that could fill one tank in a day.... I could see spending $100-$200 on something like that considering how much money it would save me in the long run. However, I'm having a problem envisioning how such a thing would be possible. Most $100 compressors can only go up to 100 psi or so.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter
    However, I'm having a problem envisioning how such a thing would be possible. Most $100 compressors can only go up to 100 psi or so.
    If TK can create the world in 6 days this should be a piece of cake. Or is it pie?

Yes, I am interested and would most likly get one depending on the price. Its good for not having to run to the field for a fill if you need to 'test' a gun. Also you wouldnt need to 'top off' at the field before you go. I usually do this, but then I dont end up playing for a couple weeks, and really dislike having a fully presurized tank laying around for longer than a week or two. I prefer to have them empty when not playing soon. Also, I could fill up the night before i play so im ready to go in the morning. And finally, I usually play pump, so I wouldnt need an air fill at the field all day. great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer
    Thats cause they arent filling it right.

No, it is because I am filling the tank quickly and then taking it out into the cold Chicago air...

We don't have a booster or a whip, so we need to stage 3 bulk tanks to fill HPA. It takes long enough to switch the fill station between the 3, so I usually just crank and go.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    No, it is because I am filling the tank quickly and then taking it out into the cold Chicago air...

We don't have a booster or a whip, so we need to stage 3 bulk tanks to fill HPA. It takes long enough to switch the fill station between the 3, so I usually just crank and go.
    I think what he is trying to say is the slower you fill it the better.

I know I read a thread somewhere talking about that. It said something about how it should take a few minutes to fill a tank...

I always try to go as slow as i can when I fill. And that is usually 20 seconds tops. And by then the line of guys behind me is getting antsy.

interesting ....

did this ever happen? I would buy one FOR SURE!

I don't think an overnight fill would stop people from buying them. Everyone hates paying for air. Price is why more people don't have a compressor. If you could get these down around $100 they would sell like crazy.

<--- WORLDS FASTEST MARKER!

Watch me OUTSHOOT a Victory Board HALO

No Patent Infringements needed

At my field we get free air for life if you buy the tank from them, but I would still like for those times I want to test fire at home, its a 45min drive to the field...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothice
    If TK can create the world in 6 days this should be a piece of cake. Or is it pie?

C'mon man. You know better than that.
    Cake is inferior. And TK dont make no inferior.

IT IS PIE !

mmmmmmm pie

anyway , I think this would be huge in my area. The fields here dont have compressors. One of them uses scuba tank for HPA and if the player count is high it runs low pretty fast. If these were available I think most of the guys with Hpa would get one to at least start the day off with a full tank , instead of everyone showing up with empty tanks and devistating the scuba tanks from the start.

This is a Luxfer 106 tank. It is the same size as 80 cu ft ones but holds 4350 psi instead of 3000. It will fill a 50cu in tank to 3,000 about 8-10 times and give another 6-8 fills before it drops below 2,000. It is usually good for 4-6 people playing all day. I would love to see a small compressor, about the size of a shoebox, be made that could fill these overnight or in a couple days.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    The more I think about this, the better an idea it seems to be.

Set up with a fill line, and of the type of duty to fill, say a 68/45 in a few hours. With the efficency that the newest markers are getting, and .50 cal looming on the horizon, this might be the right part at the right place and time kind of thing.
    Considering that the mass of players are still paintballing in the woods next to the house, the availabilty of a safe "overnight" fill could be just the thing to really open up possibilities.

I love this idea! Like others have mentioned, the important factors are noise, the initial cost of the equipment, and the cost of operating it. If two of the three factors are deemed satisfactory, I will buy one.

Keep up the good work, Tom!