Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Miniature High Pressure Air Compressor for Tank Refills??

man this is gonna be so awesome

LOVE THE IDEA! I want a place in line to buy one.

i wouldn't buy one, it's doesn't sound practical

I would buy one in a heartbeat.

wow sounds aboslutely awesome, closest field is 45 minutes away. a hastle to go to, especially if i only need air. price dependent i am on boards as well!

Quote Originally Posted by FiXeL
    Not sure.. i've bought mine used for € 1500 (euro) It's a 3300 psi (220 bar) compressor converted to 4500 psi, with a 4-stroke honda motor (same as you would see on go carts) Capable of filling a 10 liter scuba tank from empty to 4500 psi in 30 minutes. It's possible to overfill the scuba's to a maximum of 330 bar (4900 psi) but i usually kill the compressor at 310, so that after the scuba's cool down there's a full 4500 psi in there.

Link: http://www.bauergroup.com/en/produkt...ior2/index.php

The tank for the fuel holds a bit more than a gallon, and should be good for atleast 3 hours of running the compressor, maybe even more.

Since the local diving shop went out of buisness, i was forced to get one. This one was for sale at the time, and the price was affordable. This thing has been running for years before i got it, and bauer compressors have a lifetime warranty if you have it serviced every year.

Currently it's coupled to 2x 10 liter 4500 psi scuba's with double valves on it. So the compressor can be permanently hooked up, a filling hose between both tanks, and a fill station on the last valve. I have a third scuba that i want to hook up, but it needs hydro and a double valve installed.

It's not the most ideal setup, but for our field (small woodsball field) it can guarantee the first 10 fills at 3000 psi before the compressor has to top off the scuba's again.

Is that the unit you bought from mike ? if so it was €3500 new and it could handle a 15 man team whole day practice so it is quite nice but a bit expensive

Thumbs up

I would in a heartbeat. It may be one of my impulse purchases that I would get if it was available in the local retail store right now...just would depend on the total cost and if I had the money. Hubby likes the idea but reasons that since it's an air compressor, it's going to make noise. There's no way around it. He doesn't like the idea of trying to sleep while it's running all night but we do like the idea of setting it up in our storage unit downstairs and making our neighbors wonder what's getting ready to break if it's going to be as loud as he suspects. We have paper thin walls here anyway.

Thanks for the information and updates on the products. Can't wait to see it when it goes on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    Compressor Update:

I have two of the three stages prototyped as of today. The second stage got up to 950 psi as planned for in the design. Third stage construction starts tomorrow.

So far so good and no problems (knock on wood).

AGD
    Obviously, safety/reliability is the only thing keeping you from immediate release. Thank Velcor, you're not of the Gardner variety.
    You plan to patent, or will you leave it an OS (open source)?
    splattttttt
    when asked, what's knew? What's there to talk about?

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    This may already be answered in here, but I didn't feel like digging through all the pages.

Is this "mini compressor" actually a "mini booster"?

Quote Originally Posted by punkncat
    This may already be answered in here, but I didn't feel like digging through all the pages.

Individual all in one air fill station 4.5k maxx pressure

Quote Originally Posted by punkncat

What's the difference?

I think he's asking if it just increases the output of a compressor (shop compressor) or will only work as a 3000/4500psi compressor, with the assistance of shop compressor.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintballEngineer
    What's the difference?

I lack the training to explain it in an eloquent way....but a compressor takes air at one atmosphere and compresses it into a storage tank until the pressure reaches a point that activates a shut off.
    A booster takes high pressure air and compresses it like with a piston to a higher pressure. Generally they are used to take a lover pressure high volume air source like a bulk tank, and boosting its output (whatever it is) to 4500PSI (or whatever) to fill a small tank like what you use on your marker.

The reason that I ask is that with this requiring a shop compressor it make me think booster. Aside from that I would like to know whether to expect a constant low hum, or "chug" from it.

I think it started with a total stand alone unit in mind. BUT it evolved to "booster" stage after finding out the costs and such that it would take to keep it viable for us cheap/poor folks.

I think it's currently in "booster" status since TK is talking about using it with 100PSI input from a shop compressor.

DM