Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Tunaball 4

Tunaball 4

Updated 5/10/10

Info
    -PRICES ARE $36 entry (Saturday AND Sunday for the price of one) PAINT is $65/case.

-Saturday will be the main day, Sunday will be pumps and maybe some mechs. (Xmags ARE NOT pumps 'cough!LORNECASHcough!')

-Lunch will be once again provided by our very own Mongoose. Be prepared to eat well.

- SEE BELOW FOR POST GAME PARTY INFO

-Mongoose has been preparing for the Venomous Challenge II since the Monday after TB3. You guys wooped his butt last time, and he had to deliver FOUR rails to the winners. This year, someone's going to pay big time, but from what I hear about the prize it may be worth it.

-I would like to do some kind of 'objective' based games this year. Maybe actual old school capture the flag.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Event Pricing:
    Entry: $36. Includes field pass and all day air, plus a custom made Tunaball 4 ID card.
    Event Paint: $65/case. ($15 off their regular price)

---AND---

Admission for Sunday the 23rd is FREE to anyone who attends Saturday (With ID card or proof of purchase). Paint prices remain the same also.

So basically, you are getting two days of paintball for $35.00

Lodging info for Tunaball IV
    For those who are coming in from far away and unfamiliar with the area, there are quite a few hotels within a half hours drive from TopGun. Most of them are just off the NJ Turnpike
    (exit 8). Exit 7a is the exit for TopGun.

We are staying at

DAYS INN EAST WINDSOR 609-448-3200

last year the rooms were $99/night for either a one queen bed or two full size. That was with the Topgun discout. I am working with them again to secure the same pricing, but rates may have gone up. Stay tuned.

This hotel is RIGHT off of the NJ Turnpike (I95) at Exit 8. Theo's Lakeside tavern is right up the road approx. 1/2 mile so it looks like we will be going there for post game eats.

If the Days Inn gets booked up, the Holiday Inn East Windsor is directly across the street from it.
    HOLIDAY INN EAST WINDSOR 609-448-7000

Here's the complete list if you need it ...
    DAYS INN WRIGHTSTOWN 609-723-6900
    HAMPTON INN EAST WINDSOR 609-426-1600
    HOLIDAY INN EAST WINDSOR 609-448-7000
    DAYS INN EAST WINDSOR 609-448-3200
    BEST WESTERN BORDENTOWN 609-298-8000
    CANDLEWOOD SUITES BORDENTOWN 609-291-1010 **Allows pets

If people are flying in they can land at either Newark Airport or Philadelphia. Both are a little less than an hour away. However Newark is much more convenient.

Post Game Shens

See this thread for party info;
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2712133

The "Venom Challenge will take place there. Mongoose and I will ensure they are properly prepared for it He will have more details in the coming weeks, but I hear that the prize will be worth the trip to the hospital

After speaking with the powers that be at Topgun yesterday, I have have the go ahead to procceed with our plans for doing a scenario for TB4.

UPDATE 5-10-10
    Sunday OPTION #1
    3man Pump And Mechanical Speedball Tournament Sunday May 23rd
    Games Played on Hyper pipe Field
    5 minute Center Flag Game Format
    Trophies Awarded to Top Three Teams

Fundraiser to support FP&PL tournament Schedule

OPTION #2
    We hijack oneof the hyperball fields and play pumps and mechs amongst ourselves.

OPTION #3
    Preamo of the TopGun Knights, who is the German general for ION, is hold a special 'practice' event there that day. There should be a huge turnout. We can hook up with them, and lay some AO-Style smackdown on some Germans.

We will figure it out Sunday

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hell yeah!!
    Last edited by BigEvil; 05-10-2010 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Pricing update

Gameplay

UPDATE 5/17/10
    Tunaball 4

Friday 5/21/10
    Meet and Greet @ TopGun Paintball
    1pm: Players can register, get paint and air, chrono, and hang out to shoot the breeze. This was one of the most helpful things we came up with. More BSing on Friday means more playing on Saturday!

Saturday 5/22/10
    TUNABALL 4!
    8 am: Registration, air, paint, chrono ect opens.
    9:00am: Pre game briefing - Teams are determined
    9:30am: Gameplay begins
    THE GAME WILL PROMPTLY BEGIN @ 9:30am, ready or not. Come early, be prepared
    12:30pm -1:30pm: Lunch. "Piggy time"
    1:30pm - 3pm: game play resumes. Teams swap sides of teh field.
    3:30pm - 5pm: Final battle begins
    5:15pm: prizes and award ceremony

Dinner and post game shenanigans:
    8:00 PM
    Tavern on the Lake
    101 N. Mainstreet
    Hightstown, NJ 08520
    (609)-426-9345

-Venomous challenge will take place at dinner, Mongoose will provide more details.

Dinner will be $25.00 per person + tax and tip
    Includes the following;
    -Community appetizers
    -Pitchers of soda and water
    -Cesar Salad
    -Your choice of one of 4 entrées;
    NY Strip Steak, Ribs, Chicken Francese, or Paella

****Everyone is responsible for their own bar tab****

Sunday 5/23/10
    Everyone basically decided that Sunday we will play pumps & mechs on the hyperpipe field.

Saturdays Scenario: We are planning a very simple game. Two teams, two generals, two bases, a couple of flag stations and multiple other objectives such as finding objects and retrieving them for points.

Raffle and Prizes. There will be no raffle this year. Instead, prizes will be hidden on the playing field. You are going to have to work for them this time. Find the "Canned Tuna" spread out on various parts of the field. Return them for points, and there will be card inside redeemable for goodies.

Generals:
    We will have two new generals to lead the sides this year. Ken "Draggoon" Cole and Sterling "SSP-Reaper" Montgomery.

The Game
    -I have the ok to commandeer the back fields from Crossroads to the Alamo. This is basically the standard Topgun set up for a small scale ‘big game’

-There will be two teams, one lead by Ken, the other by Sterling.

The object of the game is to gain points by;
    *raising your teams flag at a flag station
    *Gathering the “Canned Tuna” props that will be spread out on the field.
    *Completing the planned prop based ‘missions’ (one or two)

Points- Figure the flags will be checked every half an hour

Flags = 10 points
    Beemers Captain Morgan Stash = 30 points
    Canned Tuna = 5 points
    Capturing Artie = ??
    Final battle = ??

Opening Battle Recover Beemer’s stash of Captain Morgan from the Alamo
    “Senor Artie, the Unscrupulous Paintball Dealer who is flooding the market with cheap Mexican made mag parts - was banned from AO and in retaliation has stolen Beemer’s secret stash of Captain Morgans. Beemer is PISSED, and put a 30 point reward on its safe return”.

The “Stash” will be in the Alamo, probably a crate or barrel that will require two people to move. There will be THREE teams for this part. I will take 5-6 people to defend it. The other two teams will start at opposite sides of the road. The objective is to retrieve the stash and bring it to your starting point. The defenders will BE ABLE TO RESPAWN by going to a designated spot inside the Alamo.

Once the stash is removed from inside the Alamo, the defenders are out of the game. However, the other team can still try to retrieve it if they want to. Points will be given to whichever side gets the stash back to their starting point.

Afterwards
    Whichever team retrieves the Captain Morgans will have their choice of one of the two bases. (Crossroads, or The Alamo)

Players who were ‘defending’ in the opening battle will be reabsorbed into the two main teams.

From this point on, the main objective is to capture the various flag station around the field and raise your teams color. Point will be rewarded every ½ hour for the flags.

During the course of the day, there will be white containers marked “Canned Tuna” on them. They will be worth points, and should be returned to your base and brought to the ref attention so he can record the points.

-LUNCH BREAK- 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm

After Lunch – “Capture Artie”
    The main objective will still be to capture flag stations and gathering Canned Tuna. However, “Senor Artie” has snuck on to the field illegally and is trying to create a “DATABASE ERROR” and shut AO down for good. You must FIND and CAPTURE Senor Artie and bring him back to you base. (Points to be determined)

Final Battle. 3pm until the end
    Artie has been captured and brought back to the Alamo to be water boarded. However, the other team is mad that he sold them some non-AGD spec RAIL BUSHINGS, and they want to capture Artie so that they can torture him themselves.

Team 1 must defend the Alamo and prevent Senor Artie from capture before he can be water-boarded.

Team 2 must assault the Alamo, get inside, and get out with Artie.

The final battle will have a 45 minute time limit, and end if Artie is captured or all of the attackers are eliminated.

(no re-spawns)

***Points to be determined.

Last edited by BigEvil; 05-17-2010 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Adding info 5/17/10

OMG...That's too funny!!!

I'll make sure I schedule this with the SMG (my wife).

Can't. Freakin'. Wait.

how much if you got your own stuff? is it byop? the pricing thing on there is retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mouse
    how much if you got your own stuff? is it byop? the pricing thing on there is retarded
    We get a discount. FPO. Sunday will most likely be free again.

count me in as a sponsor for this event again

Quote Originally Posted by SSP REAPER
    count me in as a sponsor for this event again

Cool. We should all get together and try to put something really insane togther to raffle off.

You up for some hot wings? I hope all four winners from last year make it down to defend their titles this year.

Wasnt one of the guys a paramedic that played last year? Might need him around for the hotsauce contest

I probably wont be making it this year because thats the weekend of my anniversary, but stranger things have happened. You can give Rudz my share of the ghost pepper sauce

Styg

What you didnt like having a raffle so big we could have probably given everyone there at least one thing?
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL

Quote Originally Posted by StygShore
    Wasnt one of the guys a paramedic that played last year? Might need him around for the hotsauce contest

I probably wont be making it this year because thats the weekend of my anniversary, but stranger things have happened. You can give Rudz my share of the ghost pepper sauce

Styg

What you didnt like having a raffle so big we could have probably given everyone there at least one thing?

See, your not thinking. What would be better or more romantic than an entire week in NYC as an anniversary gift

I dont think we can out-do the raffle from last year. Might go smaller but better this time.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    Mag79 and I were talking about making a road trip up to this game.

Any other folks from the South thinking about going up?

Hopefully we'll have enough Goblins running around we can do a few games

WARNING AO NEWB QUESTION!!!

So yeah um, where is Tunaball held?

DERTYJERZ ROUND TWO.

I wonder if the AIDS i caught there that weekend is exponential? Will it double up for TB4?

We best get the oldschoolers present.

We did pretty good last year, lets do it again.

it is held at Topgun paintball in NJ

I will do my best to pimp this event with all the old-schoolers I can find.

Count me in to attend. Don't know if I feel like playing this year. Maybe just show up with a camera and a case of [EDIT] paintball soda.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordic
    I will do my best to pimp this event with all the old-schoolers I can find.

Count me in to attend. Don't know if I feel like playing this year. Maybe just show up with a camera and a case of [EDIT] paintball soda.

Still worn out from last year? Paintball soda is good, helps keep everyone hydrated

i need to make it to this,, FL to NY is far .. If I fly anyone willing to let me bum some rides?

Talking

Paintball soda ftw!!!!

If I'm still employed, ill find a way out there

Quote Originally Posted by punkncat
    Mag79 and I were talking about making a road trip up to this game.

Any other folks from the South thinking about going up?
    If you guys go, I may just have to ride with! This would be awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by chopper duke
    If you guys go, I may just have to ride with! This would be awesome!!
    my wife minivan seats 7, but punkncats gear and my gear took up alot of space

Quote Originally Posted by mag79
    Put him up on the roof... like they did to the aunt in "Vacation" :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Grizzwald
    "It's not like it's going to rain or anything..."

psh, i'll try to be there - unemployed or not... just hope i have my own marker!
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

I'll be in Moab that week.

I'll be driving from Massachusetts with 1 other person. We could probably seat 1-2 more in my big old Mountaineer (considering how much gear, paint, clothing, and comfort is expected) so feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to carpool down from Mass. All I ask is that you chip in for gas and snacks. I've got comfy leather seats, climate control, and a nice sound system with a CD changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    I'll be driving from Massachusetts with 1 other person. We could probably seat 1-2 more in my big old Mountaineer (considering how much gear, paint, clothing, and comfort is expected) so feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to carpool down from Mass. All I ask is that you chip in for gas and snacks. I've got comfy leather seats, climate control, and a nice sound system with a CD changer.
    I was thinking of renting a big ol' suburban or expedition for this run. Since I am coming in from NH and probably making a pick up in RI...
    If not, the wife and I will travel in her Caliber and enjoy a nice smooth 32mpg instead of the Blazer and 19 mpg LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SSP REAPER
    .... and probably making a pick up in RI...
    I'm not riding on anyone's roof either
    especially if BigEvil thinks it's a good idea!

will Beemer be making the 18hr trek again???
    c'mon Captain, we all had a blast with you last year

Quote Originally Posted by Fred
    psh, i'll try to be there - unemployed or not... just hope i have my own marker!
    Detroit /Cleveland carpooooolllll

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    Quote Originally Posted by mag79

The cool thing is that my paintball gear bag is big enough that I can pack my change of clothes and toothbrush in there as well.......lol.

Honestly, I another bag that I can use that would seriously save us some space. Big E's idea isn't bad, just so long as it's not me on the roof....sorry Chopper Duke....

Fo Sho!