Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smart Parts will be closed at the end of the month !!

Smart Parts will be closed at the end of the month !!

Hey guys I got it from a confirmed source today that SP will be done at the end of the month.

No offense but.. haven't I heard this story before?

Would be interesting if it really turns out to be true though.
    Superbolt

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by fishmishin
    Hey guys I got it from a confirmed source today that SP will be done at the end of the month.
    Why ?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    Why ?

Christmas came early this year

Doin the Happy Dance

this would be awesome

First it started with the rumour of MASSIVE layoffs at the company, then the closing of SP in Europe I believe, and now this.

Maybe third time's a charm?

As was said before. The people are still around, they're just hiding behind GI Milsim.

Wonder if this means I can get a stupid cheap shocker soon.

Quote Originally Posted by vf-xx
    As was said before. The people are still around, they're just hiding behind GI Milsim.

Wonder if this means I can get a stupid cheap shocker soon.
    Take care of it too. It'll soon be "rare".

Yes it is confirmed. My inside source tells me as of January Smart Parts doors will be closed for good. there are currently ZERO markers or parts on the shelves and the warehouse in California has also been cleared out. I was also told that most marker companies offering a .50 conversion kit have scrapped their plans to offer them. maybe this is the end we have all been waiting for?

5 out of 5 bananas!

And where did you hear this? Anything official or do we just have to trust you?
    Hey, look at that! It's Santa!

Quote Originally Posted by WenULiVeUdiE
    And where did you hear this? Anything official or do we just have to trust you?
    I heard it directly from the Sales Accounts manager himself 2 days ago. I tried to order a SP marker for a customer and that's when the news broke.

Quote Originally Posted by SSP REAPER
    Yes it is confirmed. My inside source tells me as of January Smart Parts doors will be closed for good. there are currently ZERO markers or parts on the shelves and the warehouse in California has also been cleared out. I was also told that most marker companies offering a .50 conversion kit have scrapped their plans to offer them. maybe this is the end we have all been waiting for?

5 out of 5 bananas!

So is this the demise of 50 cal too?? Or will GI Milsim keep it running?

Well that's a pretty damn good source...

Quote Originally Posted by SSP REAPER

5 out of 5 bananas!

Yeah I, found out when the warehouse called and told me to box up all of my Ion's because they were coming out of the store. Then I was told why, same thing you got Sterling. Let me know what marker your customer wants, and I will see if we have it in stock for you before we blow out what we have left in stock. I'll shoot you my #.

Be careful what you wish for

While I too revel at the chance to dance on the graves of Smart Parts, let's also hope that the brothers Grim will find better things to do than reap anymore legal whirlwinds upon the paintball world in their new found spare time

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    While I too revel at the chance to dance on the graves of Smart Parts, let's also hope that the brothers Grim will find better things to do than reap anymore legal whirlwinds upon the paintball world in their new found spare time

Where's the dancing broccoli when you need it?

An infinite amount of dancing bananas cannot express the joy and glee I feel at this moment. Neither can the 'clapping hands'. We need to make a new Smilie in celebration of this momentous occasion...

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Shirow
    Where's the dancing broccoli when you need it?

Quote Originally Posted by doc_Zox

THAT IS AWESOME !!

long live the 'Mag
    Last edited by SkinnyHare; 12-07-2009 at 09:40 PM.

sadly, it looks like the gardners will will still be in the paintball business. GI milsim is a totally different company officially and that company has serious capital.

the word i herd, and the reason why companies might be scraping the 50 cal conversion kits is because SP offered companies some discount on the E-gun patent if they publicly showed that they were working on something 50 cal.

with smart parts out of the picture, that patent is up for grabs.

Airgun Designs

Because quality doesn't reek havoc on the sport then go out of business

Quote Originally Posted by thejere
    Because quality doesn't reek havoc on the sport then go out of business

Who would have EVER thought that AGD would still be selling product after Autococker and SP were gone. I wonder who they will claim is going out of business now???

I am sure the dealers still think we suck. I guess they can buy Tippy's and Kingman to stay in business.

AGD

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    Maybe time to re-release rental mags....perhaps a "demo kit" that comes with the equipment you need to clean a mag......a bucket to put the water in....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by punkncat
    Maybe time to re-release rental mags....perhaps a "demo kit" that comes with the equipment you need to clean a mag......a bucket to put the water in....lol.
    Also a bucket of oil

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by punkncat

http://www.zakvetter.com/paintball_v...tress_test.mov

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    sadly, it looks like the gardners will will still be in the paintball business. GI milsim is a totally different company officially and that company has serious capital.

the word i herd, and the reason why companies might be scraping the 50 cal conversion kits is because SP offered companies some discount on the E-gun patent if they publicly showed that they were working on something 50 cal.

with smart parts out of the picture, that patent is up for grabs.
    ASSUMING that the patent was part of the collateral SP used to get funding. If not then those 2 parasites will have the industry by the balls.