Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sfl...3....2....1

Shouldn't have

if you know what I mean

... or do that and don't complain

Quote Originally Posted by zondo
    But doesn't that mean that someone has to die before it can be published?
    Thats why you wanna leave it alone.

Nothing to see here, funs over go look at the Mini Compressor Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by zondo
    But doesn't that mean that someone has to die before it can be published?

What's sad is i'd be willing to bet that 65% of the people who read these last two posts will have no clue as to their meaning.

The silmarillion is still one of the most painstaking slow pieces i have even made my way through. Although extremely useful having completed it.

I'm very confused as to the history of this dispute, although very intrigued as to the history that led to this. I am a member of all three forums I hope everyone is cool with that because I go by the same name in all three so it wouldn't take a genius to figure that out. I have found valuable things on all three forums and men who are far more experienced in the Art of the Mag than I am who have helped me on all three forums.

I hope you guys can all work this out, I had a problem once on a local outlaw field with another player. He was very competitive and had a group of friends which would play as a team together. I also had a few friends that played together. So this other player decided that they would be our opposition. It started as a semi friendly competitiveness, but after a game where I personally took out half his team he took it personally and started making the competition more vicious even to the point of calling myself and other players on the field wipers, etc...

I should have ignored him, but I was less wise than I am now. I have one policy: Play with Honor. This guy was openly calling me a wiper while I was on the field, because one time I got shot in the pods and didn't realize it (accusing me of cheating is the most paintful insult I could have received). Well I was pissed so any time there was question as to whether one of his guys was shot or not, my friends and I would feed off of it and get more and more convinced that he and his friends were cheaters.

It finally culminated in a winter game where one of his guys shot at me from five feet away and miraculously missed. I immediately dropped to my back and shot him in the lens. There were at least 5 players who could witness and attest to the fact that I didn't have a shot on me. But when his friend walked off the field he went directly to this player and told him about how there was no way he missed me. After they called me off the field mid game they confronted me and a huge argument ensued. Eventually they came after me to physically fight me. Several people intervened and my friends and I left the field before it could escalate further. We didn't play there again for several months, eventually some of the other players asked us to come back and promised that this guy wouldn't be a problem anymore. Apparently he had created the same situation with another player after I left and the rest of the players told him that if he couldn't control himself that they would throw him off the field.

My friends and I came back & my reputation has been cleared thanks to several great players at the field(this guy actually stopped playing shortly after my return). All this, however, left it's scars on our once pure field. Several of my friends stopped playing one by one because the game had become too serious, many walk ons who could have been potential friends and returning players left and spread the word at other fields to avoid our little outlaw field because of the bickering and backstabbing. This guy and all of his friends have disappeared, can't say I miss him, but some of his friends were good guys and I hope they haven't given up the sport. Honestly, the tainted seed is still there. There are already other rivalries and the rumors of cheating can be heard behind others backs. Fortunately for me they are regarding other players. My gauntlet cleared my name but so many were hurt in the process.

If I could do it all over again, I would have just ignored it when this guy was being a jerk, and would have just tried to make the sport more fun for the new players and my friends instead of drawing a line in the sand making people choose sides.

I don't mean to get preachy, and honestly I really don't have any room to talk since I have no idea what is going on between some of these really cool guys on the forums that I have nothing but appreciation for helping me learn to tech my mags. I just want to say that everyone has a lot of respect for all of you guys, especially us new to the AO, BigEvil, PBLegion scene. I hope we can all get past what has been said and done, and further this great sport and create an environment that encourages new players to be mag users and encourages further innovation to our great sport.

/END RANT

Cato

P.s. sorry to be preachy, I just don't want to see this or either of the other forums soured against one another.

Good read. Eventually everyone will get into a situation he rather did not get into... Be it in paintball, or in daily life. I have been there in the past, and i rather avoid choosing sides. That being said, i was active on BEO and PBL but eventually chose to hang out on PBL more often than BEO. This was not because of the members on BEO, but because i was more on PBL than on BEO. I never bothered to find out what happened, because there will be two sides to a story like that, and the truth will probably be somewhere in the middle. I don't like to be stuck in the middle of something like this, most probably wouldn't.

Maybe it's running away from conflict, but i've seen this happen so many times in so many different situations that it seems the most natural thing to do. And yes, i also have had some issues with the mods here, but all of them were my own fault. I'd like to have the old days back, but then again it's a fact of life that new conflicts will arise eventually.

Just for smiles.

just for giggles

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    I couldn't agree more. I love the fact some of the upping has stopped.

Like I have said before moderation does not bother me. It is selective moderation that does. I just try to call them like I see them.

I will try to quit beating a dead horse.

I'll be a mod. Where do I sign up?
    Very very well said....

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer
    Explain this selective thing to me. Tell me HOW YOU see it.
    I had a BST thread in the misc.section and it got moved by you to the dealer section. Stating rules: #13. Selling as a 'hobby' means you are a DEALER so you must use the Dealer section, Bulk selling items means you are a DEALER. Simply selling items you no longer have a use for is allowed but even the most avid paintballer collectors have a finite limit of what is in their closet, so it is very obvious to which 'title' someone is.

At the same time another big seller here on AO and a few others have a had more items for sale in the Misc. section in their thread then I did, but they never got their thread moved. A couple of big sellers still have large FS threads in the marker section as well as the Misc. section to this day without their threads being moved. Don't get me wrong I'm not crying not fair, not fair, have anything against any of these sellers and don't think their threads should be moved, but this ia an examples of "Selective modding" ....

Quote Originally Posted by flyingpootang
    Very very well said....

I had a BST thread in the misc.section and it got moved by you to the dealer section. Stating rules: #13. Selling as a 'hobby' means you are a DEALER so you must use the Dealer section, Bulk selling items means you are a DEALER. Simply selling items you no longer have a use for is allowed but even the most avid paintballer collectors have a finite limit of what is in their closet, so it is very obvious to which 'title' someone is.

At the same time another big seller here on AO and a few others have a had more items for sale in the Misc. section in their thread then I did, but they never got their thread moved. A couple of big sellers still have large FS threads in the marker section as well as the Misc. section to this day without their threads being moved. Don't get me wrong I'm not crying not fair, not fair, have anything against any of these sellers and don't think their threads should be moved, but this ia an examples of "Selective modding" ....
    When a "Big Seller" or "Small Seller" has multiple used markers or parts for sale that are their personal items, that's not "dealing".

When someone has "25 lnib Tunablades" or "5 nib lvl10 kits" they are dealing them, even if they were originally bought for personal use.

DAMMIT!
    Do I have to check this board everyday so I dont miss when this stuff comes up for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by GT
    DAMMIT!
    Do I have to check this board everyday so I dont miss when this stuff comes up for sale?

Everyday? Every few minutes more like it.

theres still one more for sale if your interested...

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz
    Nice try but you are 100% wrong!
    I forgot there is only one way to contact someone on the internet or in real life
    Hey, look at that! It's Santa!

Quote Originally Posted by WenULiVeUdiE
    I forgot there is only one way to contact someone on the internet or in real life
    Well, next time remember!

Merry Christmas

A bit curious about the SFL's being sold. 1 and 2 (red and blue) look original. 4 looks overhauled. Any history?

Quote Originally Posted by bunny5
    The only gun I would pay $5000+ would be one of Dan's works of art from triggernomics. Functional or not.( ya i'm crazy)

that guy use to live litteraly 5 minutes from my house.
    my ao feedback https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167490

Quote Originally Posted by Dirge
    A bit curious about the SFL's being sold. 1 and 2 (red and blue) look original. 4 looks overhauled. Any history?
    Dust Black to Red Fade SFL:

Originally a Gloss Black SFL Owned by Hawpunch then got anodized > sold to pbreview guy> zazzoo> Jay12324 > A-Tach-One

Precisionpb.com did the anodizing job on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopa Villain17
    that guy use to live litteraly 5 minutes from my house.
    In Germany?

Thanks Bunny5.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny5
    theres still one more for sale if your interested...

Link?

Quote Originally Posted by GT
    Link?
    All are sold or pending from what I hear.

SFL's that is....

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothice
    All are sold or pending from what I hear.

SFL's that is....

Just say the most recent one on PBL.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    In Germany?

no , he lived in rockland , maine according to an old issue of APG. litteraly 5 minutes from my house.