Thread: anyone see the FN303 in repomen?

anyone see the FN303 in repomen?

i taught i tau a FN303

Dunno, but dog the bounty hunter uses tippman a5's

Quote Originally Posted by Drix
    Dunno, but dog the bounty hunter uses tippman a5's
    That's becauise he's an Ex-Felon himself.

I use the Fn303 almost every day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by druid
    That's becauise he's an Ex-Felon himself.

I use the Fn303 almost every day at work.
    pics or shens

Quote Originally Posted by pump
    i taught i tau a FN303
    It has been awhile, about what scene do you see it?

Pshh... Repomen...

All I can say is "Let's get sushi and not pay".

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    Pshh... Repomen...

All I can say is "Let's get sushi and not pay".
    doh! I thought the timeline was messed up. I'm thinking "I remember the bb gun..."

the movie repomen, not the tv show

Quote Originally Posted by pump
    the movie repomen, not the tv show
    I was thinking the movie Repo Man (Emilio Estevez, 1984, before the FN303 ).

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW
    I was thinking the movie Repo Man (Emilio Estevez, 1984, before the FN303 ).
    That movie had the best soundtrack ever.

Yes, I just dated myself.

Quote Originally Posted by secretweaponevan
    That movie had the best soundtrack ever.

Yes, I just dated myself.

Call me a idiot but it doesn't bet "Fast times at Ridgemont High"

Quote Originally Posted by SSP REAPER
    pics or shens
    LOL...I could show you but then I'd have to Kill you

Nah...I work for the DOC and that's my issued less-lethal device.

Druid,

Please give me some details if you can on how and when you use the 303. We were unaware that prisons were using them.

As funny as it sounds, FN keeps us completely in the dark about where these things go. I had to go talk to the border patrol here to find out if they had them (they do, every office).

thanks!

AGD

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    Druid,

Please give me some details if you can on how and when you use the 303. We were unaware that prisons were using them.

As funny as it sounds, FN keeps us completely in the dark about where these things go. I had to go talk to the border patrol here to find out if they had them (they do, every office).

thanks!

AGD
    I will reply in PM, not open forum. Gimme a few...

EDIT:

You have no PM option...only email.

I'll give you some 'general' details that could be discussed in open forum...but not facility policy. I know you would understand...

The FN303 has to have a registered instructor. Our Lts and SRT leaders go to [some...where? No idea] school that certifies them as instructors. They bring this back and then certify us on their use.

The first thing we get to see is a slide show about what it does and can do. It starts with the poor, young lady college student in Boston. Then as it's applied in proper manners.

Then we take a written test...I believe this test to be designed by the FN instruction [legal?] team.

The 303 ranks equal "in status" to all our other "less lethal" tools...TASER, Stingers, shotguns with less lethal rounds OC spray. The 303 can be 'interchanged' with the others. So long as the situation calls for less lethal munition deployment, the 303 can be used in conjunction with, or in place of, any other less lethal implement we have.

The nature of the projectile tip, necessitates the ability to quickly judge distance. The closer the target, the lower the aim point. No shots to the head or groin areas. I have to admit, this makes it a pain in the butt. We have people that just cannot judge distances. It makes for a difficult training exercise when they can't judge on where to plant the projectile.

The ~22ci bottle is a nice touch but IMO should be about 5-8" longer. We have SCBA to refill them but they are back in the armory. A longer bottle would facilitate more shots in a riot circumstance [and still negate the hydro problems]. The problem with that becomes "where to move it to?" Where it's positioned on the device is good...it's easily accessable [to fill] and read the gauge...but the shots-per-fill rots.

Like your Mags [duh...lol] you have to completely squeeze the trigger in one quick motion. No half-stroiking it or it does stupid stuff. One SRT noob short-stroked the trigger and actually got 3 stuck in the barrel. Lucky for him, the device breaks down easily.

It's dead accurate to 75 feet...hitting 8oz styrafoam coffee cups at that distance.

It dents 3/4" plywood at 50' to about 0.5 to 1mm.

It's most imtimidating only in numbers [maning, qty of units] because even the inmates aren't stupid....there's a finite amount in the drum and then we have to reload.

It isn't very effective on the excessively fat/obese individual at ANY range...until you pinpoint a joint in their skeletal structure. Even then, we have to hope they don't have "Kankles" or FUPA-Knees. Muscle groups though...forget it all together. The y are hidden by layers of fat that act like ballistic geletin.

I find it to be well balanced but a bit heavy to carry for an 8hr shift. We had to order slings for them, they don't come with the unit.

It's less effective than TASER...but then again, we're talking about two totally different methods of incapacitation.

We have several in our armory.

I'm not sure what information you are looking for but that's pretty much what I can discuss in the open.
    Last edited by druid; 01-09-2010 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by druid
    It isn't very effective on the excessively fat/obese individual at ANY range...until you pinpoint a joint in their skeletal structure. Even then, we have to hope they don't have "Kankles" or FUPA-Knees. Muscle groups though...forget it all together. The y are hidden by layers of fat that act like ballistic geletin.
    YES! i knew i have all this stuff for some reason

Thanks Druid!! That's sort of what I was looking for. If you have something interesting you would like to tell me in person then go to tomkaye.com and decode my email on the last page and we can talk on the phone.

Thanks!

AGD

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    Thanks Druid!! That's sort of what I was looking for. If you have something interesting you would like to tell me in person then go to tomkaye.com and decode my email on the last page and we can talk on the phone.

Thanks!

AGD
    Nothing really "interesting" per se...just the times that we pulled them out and used them, these 250lb dudes that claim they would carve their own mothers in half with their thumbnails, scream like little girls when you pop around the corner with it pointed directly at them and fire a round. It doesn't even have to hit them and they screech like bad brakes or "Billy-Bad-A55" hits the deck like gravity just quadrupled within 3 millisecnds...I laugh every time...lmao.

We always use a secondary protocol though...we don't just use one less-lethal instrument in case one or the other doesn't work on a particular subject.

I had to go talk to the border patrol here to find out if they had them (they do, every office).
    Not only every office, but just about every agent who is interested can be qualified and take one out any time he likes. I prefer a rifle.
    God gave you a soul.
    Your parents, a body.
    Your country, a rifle.

Keep all of them clean.

FN 303 i came across in IRAQ-

remote line that sucker

I just saw a commercial for Repoman and had to rewind it to take a second look as I swore he was mounting up an FN303. Sure enough, that's what it was.

see i wasnt lying!