Thread: Cheater/"sleeper'ish" pneumag all done....kind of

Cheater/"sleeper'ish" pneumag all done....kind of

OK, so I just feel like an excited little kid and I wanted to share!

I had some technical difficulties last week with the LPR not wanting to regulate the air properly. Got that all squared away and I just finished building my first pneumag (though I plan on getting the batter box, frame, and manifold ll powder coated in the near future)

Duel detent ULE body (and like an idiot I screwed one of the detents in to far and blew it out )
    Noxious rail
    X-valve with RT on/off
    Cheater Pneumatic Trigger Group (just amazing and so simple to install!)
    Mod'd palmer micro rock
    Lukes customs Emag Battery Pack ASA Manifold (the "sleeper'ish" part)
    PTP battery pack

The cheater is amazing and so easy to walk (vid at the end) though I like it better with the RT on/off as the ULT on/off just didnt want to cooperate for me. Luke's mainfold is a nice way to hide the lpr and give it a sleeper'ish pneumag/emag look. I can already hear people telling me to turn the ramping off on my emag . Unfortunately the microrock is just a tad to large for the battery case so I did have to file it down in three areas to get it to fit. Also the rail was mod'd so that I could run the hose up out of the manifold, through the rail, then down into the frame.

This is actually the first mag I've owned (well built this one and a mech mag at the same time) and I must say a cheater pneu-mag is fun!!!

Now that Im done rambling how about some pic's and a dry firing vid?

You can kind of see two of the flattened out sides so that it can fit in the battery case

Quick dry firing video
    <embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v448/gremlin75/P1010135.flv">

Thanks for letting me share

later
    gremlin
    Last edited by gremlin75; 01-28-2010 at 03:59 PM.

That's awesome. That manifold is pretty cool.

I gotta say I'm a little jealous that the cheater wasn't around two years ago when I built my own pneumag.

Hell-a-nice!!!

GG on the build. Now get it anno'ed

Awesome job !! The vid was cool to, short and to the point !

Wow!!! Nicely done sir!! Now I REALLY can't wait to get mine!!! Just a question for others who have done pneumags - are they all that easy to walk? That is like a freakin electro! I had planned to just build mine up as a homebrew mod, but the Cheater is looking pretty good about now... How does the Cheater compair to a typical homebrew pneumag? I too plan to use an RT on/off.

Quote Originally Posted by Loneassassin
    Wow!!! Nicely done sir!! Now I REALLY can't wait to get mine!!! Just a question for others who have done pneumags - are they all that easy to walk? That is like a freakin electro! I had planned to just build mine up as a homebrew mod, but the Cheater is looking pretty good about now... How does the Cheater compair to a typical homebrew pneumag? I too plan to use an RT on/off.
    My Cheater is insane. I would suggest a really good LPR that can run at low low pressure, like 20 psi. I have a rock, and it does the trick.

As compared to home brewed ones. I made two about a year and a half ago, and it didn't compare to the cheater. However, I am no expert at them. From what I have heard and seen, those that really know what they are doing, can get the homebrews really close to the cheater's feel. Also, the new Magnus frame helps to take out the human error. If you are going to do the home brew, I would suggest the Magnus frame. If you are going with the Cheater, then any frame will do, for the most part.

Nice!

Let’s see some paint slinging.

Butttt

I am a little .

What is the difference between Cheater vs Sleeper?

I am allitle behind on the latest craze in mags. Last time I checked it was the Pnew mags that everybody was converting to. This seems to be about the same, but the goods are stashed in a different place. Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by chill will
    Nice!

Let’s see some paint slinging.

Butttt

I am a little .

What is the difference between Cheater vs Sleeper?

I am allitle behind on the latest craze in mags. Last time I checked it was the Pnew mags that everybody was converting to. This seems to be about the same, but the goods are stashed in a different place. Is that it?
    The cheater is a special manifold created by ZapTheMad that basically combines the msv-2 and mpa-3 into one drop-in (usually) piece. This compares to the two parts needed in the homebrew kits which require more drilling/tapping and depend on proper placement to work well. Sleeper is just a term used when the lpr and pneumatics are hidden from plain view on the marker. Usually this is done by putting the lpr in the grip frame but in this case he is using a special adapter made by Luke that allows him to put the lpr in the front grip.
    RLTW Hoooahhh!!!

TEAM FIRESTORM
    --------------------
    RT ULE CUSTOM: ULE mainbody (Blue)/ X-valve/ Level 10 bolt/ Y-grip trigger frame (Brite black)/ hogue grips/ 32 degrees duckbill asa/ 68/4500 pure energy tank/ 12" j and j barrel/ 12 volt revvy with X-board

soon to come: dallara and logic e-frame

Thanks for the info on that.

I started digging and got myself up to speed on all the latest goodies for sell. I am assuming that most will be using X's with their setups, but in you testing did anybody give the classic some love. Sold my X on my last visit, but still have old trusty in my box

Quote Originally Posted by chill will
    but in you testing did anybody give the classic some love.
    If I get some time this week I'll switch the x out for a classic and see how she does. As fast as this is I'd guess the classic won't be able to recharge fast enough to keep up without some drop off but we'll see.

later
    gremlin

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin75
    If I get some time this week I'll switch the x out for a classic and see how she does. As fast as this is I'd guess the classic won't be able to recharge fast enough to keep up without some drop off but we'll see.

later
    gremlin

Hey that would be great!! I know its not an X, but that’s what I am working with. Sold all of my good stuff. I like the classic valve better for my playing style. I am not a volume guy when it comes to paint, but to have the horses for a couple of seconds wont hurt.

Nice job. Silly question though ... Why don't you port off the opposite side of the CP, go directly to the matching side of Luke's Manifold, cap off the bottom outlet/inlet where you currently have your macroline going, and then add the bottom to the battery pack?

That is a really nice build. I love that Noxious rail.

Quote Originally Posted by afortuna
    Nice job. Silly question though ... Why don't you port off the opposite side of the CP, go directly to the matching side of Luke's Manifold, cap off the bottom outlet/inlet where you currently have your macroline going, and then add the bottom to the battery pack?

That is a really nice build. I love that Noxious rail.
    Two reasons

1. I don't like having hoses where I hold the front grip
    2. I dont have the bottom to the battery box

Just got the frame, battery box, and manifold back from KPCS for powder coating.

Quick question though. How much would a pneumag like this go for? I may end up having to sell