Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mini Compressor on Youtube!!

Walter,

You had every right to question it since no one had been able to do it before. People who can change their minds in the face of new data are tops in my book. Thanks for the kind comments

The motor speed is 1140 with 5-1 reduction so your talking about 200rpm. It would have been much easier to find a 1700 motor but the reduction to 200 rpm was too costly and over sized.

You put high temp lithium grease on the outside of the shafts and it migrates in to the orings when its pumping. There are delrin sleeves in the cylinders guiding the shafts that are pretty much self lubricating (and a replaceable part). The back check orings don't do much so don't require consistent lube.

Burst disk is a safety feature. They are industry standard and less expensive than a 4500 psi relief.

I will sell it without a motor but not without the cutoff. It wouldn't reduce the price anyway. If you find an inexpensive 4500 pressure switch please let me know. Lowest price I found was 70 bucks. I am sure you will find it easily meets all your needs (cryptic comment to avoid liability).

Thanks,

AGD

the man is still in the sport.... sporadically

Any update Tom?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobd
    AWESOME! this kind of thing excites me to no end, it's really cool how you show the guts chugging away, I want one.
    I think the case should be clear

Very cool! I'd like to get one for my local field so I can get air there instead of co2.

Has this marvel been dubbed?

I had to switch to a 1700 rpm motor because the original overheated. That required more gear reduction and a redesign. I am now finalizing everything and starting to send suppliers orders for the parts. I will be in Chicago in about 4 weeks to produce the first 100 units.

Nothing final on the name yet. Too busy...

AGD

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    I had to switch to a 1700 rpm motor because the original overheated. That required more gear reduction and a redesign. I am now finalizing everything and starting to send suppliers orders for the parts. I will be in Chicago in about 4 weeks to produce the first 100 units.

AGD
    Cool! Do you need $$ via pre-orders?

Quote Originally Posted by sslecyk03
    Looks great Tom, so simple it is almost funny.

To be honest though, it does scare me now that people will probably be filling their tanks out of hydro now that they don't need a professional to fill them. Could be a possible safety issue.
    It would be a good idea to include a pamphlet that outlines safety guidelines, teaches people how to actually read tank labels, and what to watch out for as far as damage goes.

Quote Originally Posted by AGD

AGD

Sounds like its on track to debut at LL3!!!

I am anxiously, anxiously waiting to have one of these in my garage. Hopefully the testing for those first 100 units doesn't drag on too long.