Thread: 12g or 3.5 oz?

12g or 3.5 oz?

Need help deciding on a limited ammo set-up. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

For a mag?

3.5 Oz or 13ci

The reason being that mag hog too much gas, so if you use 12 gram you wouldn't get that many shot out of it.

12g looks cooler, 3.5 is more practical and more economical.

i use a 13ci on my longbow about 120 shots or so powerlet maybe 12 ? 3.5 meh i dont want dirty air running through my gun at least the powerlets are filtered when putting it in the metal local fields i never see a filter ....

I run both on my phantom, but if I were to do it on my mag, I would 3.5 for any use more than a limited back up, or pistola style.

I think I'll use a remote and HPA until I can find an in line filter.

There is a thread over on MCarter right now where someone shimmed up his Classic Valve and was able to get ~30 usable shots from a 12ie. Ill see if I can find it.

EDIT: 30 shots from a classic valve w/ a 12ie

EDIT #2: I see its also on this forum as well.

You just install 3000 psi regulator on 3.5 oz bottle??

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper Steve
    I have a 3.5 oz tank that I have modified for compressed air and I can get about 90 shots plus on my mag with 2800 psi.

I was looking at weighing these options on my phantom too, a new 3.5 is almost the same price as a 13 its kind of ridiculous a 9 ounce is like 15 bucks a 3.5 is ~40-50!

RAP sells a lot of different sizes like 80g, 60g, 30g-all refillable. I would probably do an 80g in place of the fore grip, but like was said earlier, co2=dirty.

I am not the one that modded it that came out wrong but I have one that some one else changed. The burst disk was changed on a tank for compressed air and it has a on/off valve, and I use a modded asa with a fill nipple to fill it. The only problem is that it isn't regulated out of the tank, here is a picture.
    [IMG]http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac332/SniperSteveQ/001.jpg]
    Ok, i'll be the first to say it, it's not who modified it that's the problem, it's the fact that co2 tanks aren't meant for the pressures that HPA normally uses, i'm pretty sure co2 doesn't go that much over 1000 psi, but i know the tanks aren't meant to hold 3000 psi by any means. I'd be careful with that thing, for your sake and for others, or just don't use it altogether.

I want food... Can you email me a cookie?

I too was scared from the pic....

If 3.5s were meant for HPA, then everyone would have 3.5 HPAs and not CO2s....

That 3.5 being filled with air leaves me feeling uneasy

Quote Originally Posted by senghing27

I too was scared from the pic....

If 3.5s were meant for HPA, then everyone would have 3.5 HPAs and not CO2s....

That 3.5 being filled with air leaves me feeling uneasy
    Same here, i'm surprised the field owner allows it.

I understand the concerns involved because I had the same questions at one time. I personaly work in field that works with compressed gasses on a daily basis and I have talked to other professionals in the industry and although there are concerns, the tanks even though they are not specifically designed for this purpose can hold up to the added strain. I accept the risks of using it and have not had a single problem with it once. Be scared all you want, I love the way it works for me and meets my need.
    Same here, I love to walk around unknowing people with a deadly unstable bomb. Gives me that special thrill. /rolleyes

CO2 tanks can safely handle 1750psi, but are not rated for any more than that.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas

That sounds like a lot less than the 2.8k psi this dude said he's filling his tank to.

I use 12 grams and try to pocket them when done. Some fields have discouraged 12 grams (if they don't normally do stock class) because of a concern about them being discarded on field and causing injury. Its easier to screw on a 3.5 than to convince them I'll not throw them out.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden
    That sounds like a lot less than the 2.8k psi this dude said he's filling his tank to.
    Any CO2 tank filled to 3k should be hydro tested prior to next fill to see if it still passes. It could easily be overstressed and weakened.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    Ok, i knew it was under 2k. I also agree that the concern shouldn't be your own safety when using that as an HPA tank, it should be those around you, since they didn't decide to play with a co2 tank acting as an hpa tank.