Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: places to anno

places to anno

I just picked up a raw x-mag body ( ) and I'm trying to figure out where to get it anno'd. Here are the places that I know of:

GruntBull

LazerMyGun

Kohn

Anodize World

Small Solutions

PK Selective

Top Anodizing

Other recommendations?
    Last edited by om3n; 03-10-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by om3n
    I just picked up a raw x-mag body ( ) and I'm trying to figure out where to get it anno'd. Here are the places that I know of:

GruntBull

LazerMyGung

Kohn

Are there other places I should consider?
    someone here had some anno done at this place and it looked real nice

http://www.anodizeworld.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwooly1013
    someone here had some anno done at this place and it looked real nice

http://www.anodizeworld.com/index.html

thanks, I just sent them an email Any others?

whom ever mongoose has do his Bodys/rails not sure on his turn around time and would depend on color I guess.

Pics pics pics pics pics

A member on here called "thefool" does a nice job. He did my mag that won mag of the month last year. He just finished my emag this weekend. The pics he sent look like he did a great job again. I should have it back later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by kcombs9
    whom ever mongoose has do his Bodys/rails not sure on his turn around time and would depend on color I guess.

Pics pics pics pics pics

pics shall be had once I get it anno'd

I'm thinking about either a gloss black/gloss olive fade or a gloss black/gloss olive acid wash... what do you guys think? I'm soooo excited, I've wanted an x-mag forever and I'm finally getting one

I have requested a quote from Anodize World on three seperate occassions and can never get a quote. Let me know if you have any luck with them.

I really like GruntBull's work, especially their acid wash. That's probably where I'll send my parts when I get around to getting them done.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77
    I really like GruntBull's work, especially their acid wash. That's probably where I'll send my parts when I get around to getting them done.
    Weren't there several threads about Gruntbull not doing so well lately? Seems I recall some complaints about them taking months to get things done and than doing a really poor job....

Wow... small solution's pricing is amazing. I will definitely send them an e-mail

EDIT

but... I can't find anywhere to email

Do you still have the owners email address?

Quote Originally Posted by om3n
    Wow... small solution's pricing is amazing. I will definitely send them an e-mail

EDIT

but... I can't find anywhere to email

Do you still have the owners email address?
    PM destroyer125 over on PBNation... he is Small Solutions AKA "125Customs". I currently have a marker there getting a dusk black finish.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...b-members.html

From my understanding the previous owner of my Tarantula Viking had him do the anodizing.

http://www.topazanodizing.com/ <-- that's where you can find The Fool's site. He's done all my ano work, past and present. Good work, great pricing, should ask him for a quote!

acidrain.com does great work when he's excepting order (not sure if he is right now or not though)

later
    gremlin

There's some nice mags in his gallery that I've never seen or been posted up here.

Shame...

Great work tho.

**Entropy** From PBN used Gruntbull for his open flame matrix. Grunt was less than satisfactory- His customer service was lackluster, he missed a part and initially replied he diddn't do it because it was not aluminum (it was a DM bolt). Gruntbull took quite a bit of time, and parts spent too long in the acid which caused problems with screws on re-assembley.

So with that experience (I was there through it) I'd stay away from grunt. I've heard good things about annodize world and lazermygun. I had wanted Thefool to do my gun but I'd heard he stopped accepting work for a while (rumor maybe?).

So umm.. yeah, hope that helps

Kohn is currently getting ready to move to a new warehouse. It'll be 3 weeks before he will be accepting any work. They have a pretty good turn around time though, so if you don't find anyone soon hit em up. I haven't seen any of their anno work but I have seen a lot of their laser engraving work and if the anno is anywhere close to the quality it will be worth the wait.

What type of finish are you looking for? If you are looking for a basic dust finish, I just sent my stuff to the company that does CCM's anno. I had received a marker from CCM a little while back, and the anno was top notch. I will let you know when I get mine back, but I have confidence that it will be good.

I have used these guys for a few guns.

Awesome work, great turn around time. They were doing anno WAY before it even caught on. I was one of the first guns they ever did. A PMI shocker back in the day. Quite a few mag bodies as well.
    I havent used them in 4 years, so I am not sure of the pricing.

http://www.pkselective.com/

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Weren't there several threads about Gruntbull not doing so well lately? Seems I recall some complaints about them taking months to get things done and than doing a really poor job....
    https://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243899

Please look through this thread, and the links to other threads where people have had issues.

GBA is CRAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry

Please look through this thread, and the links to other threads where people have had issues.

GBA is CRAP.
    Well, that's sad. I have about two markers worth of parts I wanted done. Do any of you know anyone else today will do acid washing that looks as good as the ones in GBA's gallery?

Thanks for the warning/info.

Quote Originally Posted by Stayhuge
    What type of finish are you looking for? If you are looking for a basic dust finish, I just sent my stuff to the company that does CCM's anno. I had received a marker from CCM a little while back, and the anno was top notch. I will let you know when I get mine back, but I have confidence that it will be good.

I'm thinking either splash or acid wash. I think I'd like something like this, but instead of gloss red on black, going with gloss olive on black.

Honestly, I think that lazer my gun has the best prices and gallery I've seen from a professional company thus far, and since this is a > $1000 gun and probably a rather complicated anno, I'm thinking about spending a few extra to have a pro company do it. What do you guys think?

Also, from the sounds of it, I will avoid guntbull. Thanks for the advice concerning them.

EDIT

So the acid wash/splash above, but with these colors is what I would like:

[fade anno above from Top Anodizing gallery]
    Last edited by om3n; 03-10-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN

GBA is CRAP.

Has anyone ever used lazer my gun before? I can't seem to get ahold of them...

I haven't use lazer my gun before, but my xmag, duckslide, DSG, are all going to Destroyer125 / Small Solution as soon as I can get around to disassembling them.

PM him here:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...b-members.html

Or if you need to get in touch with him quickly, let me know (I am the his webmaster by the way).

Gruntbull- meh... Had a bad experience. If you search my posts you will find the mess "I" made... lol

Lasermygun- they were up front and reasonable. The parts came back with a bit of dissolution so that bummed me out. *Basically a few bad spots but no reason to get it redone*

PKSelective- I used them to fix my Euro Xmag that gruntbull did. It turned out great. I also used them for 2 SFL Emags and a project Dallara that i'm building. Their prices are alot higher compared to lasermygun or theannosmith so be careful. Most of my guns I actually never knew the price until it was finished.

Here she is... now just to get it anno'd and get the eye situation figured out and I'll be set for a while with this baby

more anno company suggestions are still welcome btw

Alright, the mag is now at an anodizer. I will reveal who it is after I get the mag back- turn around time should be about a week. I will post pictures when I get it back!
    Last edited by om3n; 03-17-2010 at 08:26 AM.

random question: how much do you guys think a warp-right breach would cost me? I'm a lefty, so I would need a warp right.

70.00 brand new from AGD