Thread: Craig's list: is this a decent deal?

Craig's list: is this a decent deal?

My friend is just getting into paintball and wants to know if this is a decent deal... I have no experience with proto's so I didn't know what tell him.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/spo/1634716034.html

It's a 2008 proto SLG with a halo w/out a rip drive, and the tank needs hydro (but there is a place around where I live that does hydro testing for about $20).

So what do you think?

SLGs are really cheap these days, especially an '08 non-UL one. I wouldn't pay more than $150 for that package.

Get better pics of the slg but it sounds like a good deal... Low ball it to $130. I mean assuming you can't convince him to make the smarter decision of buying a mag

$180 for the whole lot is fine if it's all working. That's a 1st gen SLG, which had issues with the eye cover holes stripping and the triggers breaking. They're actually better than the Gen2 SLG which has sear issues (they can snap) and whose bodies are just freakin' terrible when it comes to accumulating wear.

I've seen stock used Gen1 SLGs for $150 lately, but that one looks to be in especially good shape externally and has a few small upgrades. With hopper and tank, a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    $180 for the whole lot is fine if it's all working. That's a 1st gen SLG, which had issues with the eye cover holes stripping and the triggers breaking. They're actually better than the Gen2 SLG which has sear issues (they can snap) and whose bodies are just freakin' terrible when it comes to accumulating wear.

I've seen stock used Gen1 SLGs for $150 lately, but that one looks to be in especially good shape externally and has a few small upgrades. With hopper and tank, a deal.

alright thanks guys, would he be better off with an Ion? I hate SP so I try to tell guys to shy away from Ions...

BTW I told him to offer the guy $150 and see what he says.

180$ for whole thing is great. But id keep the HPA tank and hopper and sell the SGL to a agg on BPN for 100$ then buy a mag

Hope everything works out for you. Welcome to paintball!

Quote Originally Posted by chafnerjr
    Hope everything works out for you. Welcome to paintball!

It's not me, it's my buddy lol

I can't even believe it... my buddy offered the guy $150 and he took it

This guy is going to have to sickest < $200 setup I've seen... he's gonna buy a new barrel and he'll be set