Thread: pumpmag?

pumpmag?

ok so I would really like a pump mag. how impossible is it to make that happen these days? I have a classic mag that honestly, I bought because I had mistakingly bought a Z-grip for the classic rail instead of my RT rail. I don't actually like playing with it (trigger pull feels like 100 lbs compared to my ULT mag). I would love to turn my classic mag into a pump. can it be done?!?!

It's not imposable. Just keep your eye open on BST. Pump kits come up all the time. If your looking to sell the Z-grip to fund the pump build, let me know.
    Last edited by Ando; 03-10-2010 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    It's not imposable. Just keep your eye open on BST. Pump kits come up all the time. If your looking to sell the Z-grip to fund the pump build, let me know.

nah IIRC there were only 400 z grips made and I have 2...I like that =]

thanks for the links BTW. how hard is it to install the pump kit? seeing as I'm not very mechanically inclined, will I be better off shipping it to someone to do the work? if so, then who? Luke?

Luke can do the pump milling on the body and rail. You'll have to ask him about putting everything together and tuning it.

As for your Z-girp. Get with Tracy over at PTP. They sell field strip spacers you can install in the back of any classic RT frame which will allow you to use it on a normal setup. They sell 2 types. One you need to use with the rail bushing and another that doesn't need the rail bushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    If your looking to sell the Z-grip to fund the pump build, let me know.
    I have a Z grip frame I may be interested in selling. Will PM you too.

Sorry for the hijack!

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz
    I have a Z grip frame I may be interested in selling. Will PM you too.

Sorry for the hijack!
    no worries dude. I would hate for you two to miss out on a win-win deal because of some stupid forum 'etiquette'.

thanks for the help, I'll definitely be on the lookout for the pump kit.

If you have a pump milled rail and body. The Pump kit is very easy to install. If you can install a Foregrip & Bolt Assembly, you won't have any problems. If it's not milled, then as stated before, Luke is the man to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Temo Vryce
    If you have a pump milled rail and body. The Pump kit is very easy to install. If you can install a Foregrip & Bolt Assembly, you won't have any problems. If it's not milled, then as stated before, Luke is the man to go to.
    sweet. sounds easy enough!