Thread: Going mag, rt or E?

Going mag, rt or E?

Hey all,

I sold my Angel yesterday and realised I made a mistake and want to play paintball. Since I relied on the Angel forum here and still have my old AO jersey; I decided I want to go mag this time.

From what I have been reading here it seems that level 10 pretty much eliminates any chop issues? So is there a point to going E-mag? I like the idea of possibly building up a mech by myself and knowing everything about it (those micromag 2009 bodies look sexy).

It would take roughly 10 more plasma donations to pay for an e-mag im guessing; but if its worth I will put up with the soul-sucking pain :P

lol plasma thats funny... i have 2 etacs (emags with tacone bodies on them ) and i love em... u can use mech mags in woodsball even touries at least i have when u clear it through the head of the game ... emags are good for speedball because some places wont allow the rt effect of the rt/emag/x valve....the lvl 10 set up the right way wont chop a ball (now only if i could set it up LOL ) but they are great guns that hold there value i can flip and sell my 2 etacs for about 800 a pop and that price wont change anytime soon can u say the same about an angel ? sp marker dye marker ? i know my moneuy is good in a mag ,.,., plus u can pnuemag the mech ones to fire as light and fast as a emag ..... many options and like i said resale is what u paid for it or more depending on rarity i have a 200 emag valved classic in my stuff thats worth 250 in parts but its a lil used looking hense the lower price LOL but u get the drift ...

I have a pneumag i built myself, i love it. I've never shot an emag, but i love mech mags, but it all depends on what you want to do. A pneumag will make it a bit worse on air, but it's cheaper (sometimes) but the emag is just as light and it if the electronics screw up then you can play mech. Is it worth the extra? well if you're buying a new mag, it's not too much more to get an emag (sometimes) so that could be worth it, if you're buying used, i personally don't think it's terribly worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopay700
    I have a pneumag i built myself, i love it. I've never shot an emag, but i love mech mags, but it all depends on what you want to do. A pneumag will make it a bit worse on air, but it's cheaper (sometimes) but the emag is just as light and it if the electronics screw up then you can play mech. Is it worth the extra? well if you're buying a new mag, it's not too much more to get an emag (sometimes) so that could be worth it, if you're buying used, i personally don't think it's terribly worth it.

think its raining like hell let go ur at tourny do u grab the emag which can be switched to mech if need be>> or chance an ego? ill take the mag anyday if u have 2 emags u have 4 guns ... mind u i have owned both ,,,,, and my mags NEVER let me down

The one downside to mags is efficiency. Go emag I have an etac and it has never let me down

I own several E/XMags, Mechanical mags and Pneumags but when game day gets here I mostly pick up my Mechanical mag with the heavy RT effect. It never fails, shoots fast, shoots slow, never needs batteries, doesn't mind the water and always very consistent.

I would start with a mechanical mag. Then save your cash and hunt for a set of ULE EMag lowers to mount on them to satisfy your E-Craving when you need it. But we all know that you can never have just one mag... So you will end up buying another rail and body for the ULE Lowers and life will be good...

Buy two, problem solved.

The one downside to mags is efficiency. Go emag I have an etac and it has never let me down. Plus you won't have the extra efficiency issues of a pnuemag or rted mag

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    If you want the best mechanical marker go with AGD. If you want the best electric marker go with AKA.

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    If you want the best mechanical marker go with AGD. If you want the best electric marker go with AKA.
    True statement

Quote Originally Posted by Looper
    True statement
    x2

i guess can the aka switch to mech (very important to me ) i think not ....

Quote Originally Posted by Sumthinwicked

think its raining like hell let go ur at tourny do u grab the emag which can be switched to mech if need be>> or chance an ego? ill take the mag anyday if u have 2 emags u have 4 guns ... mind u i have owned both ,,,,, and my mags NEVER let me down
    I never mentioned an ego, i was simply stating that for the money you can get a mech mag used a hell of a lot cheaper than you can get an emag used. 6-800+ for a used gun isn't a great deal in my opinion.

As for best electrical AKA is where it's at, just because it doesn't have a mech backup doesn't mean it's not the best.

I've got to try a Viking one of these days

Quote Originally Posted by CatoRockwell
    I've got to try a Viking one of these days

What makes Viking's so great?

I just keep hearing great things. Want to try one out and see for myself

I never mentioned an ego, i was simply stating that for the money you can get a mech mag used a hell of a lot cheaper than you can get an emag used. 6-800+ for a used gun isn't a great deal in my opinion.

As for best electrical AKA is where it's at, just because it doesn't have a mech backup doesn't mean it's not the best.
    and a few aka owner opinions doesnt make it the best either LOL

i used ego because they are a popular gun...i got u now on the mech vese emag price lol most emags used are in the 5-600 range unless they have alot of ups... but i have used akas and i wasnt impressed was my point, its all preferance though .... if i shoot u with a rainmaker and u have an aka in your hand i still shot u so both our points are moot LOL :P both aka and agd are good guns nuff said

and a few aka owner opinions doesnt make it the best either LOL

i used ego because they are a popular gun...i got u now on the mech vese emag price lol most emags used are in the 5-600 range unless they have alot of ups... but i have used akas and i wasnt impressed was my point, its all preferance though .... if i shoot u with a rainmaker and u have an aka in your hand i still shot u so both our points are moot LOL :P both aka and agd are good guns nuff said
    Well i've heard great things about excals, about how they're really smooth shooting guns since they're closed bolt, i still want to try one, but if it's true that's really what makes or braks a great gun for me, honestly mags aren't the smoothest shooting guns.

honestly mags aren't the smoothest shooting guns.
    OH YEAH??
    AKA's aren't the smoothest shooting guns either!!!11!one!

Well i've heard great things about excals, about how they're really smooth shooting guns since they're closed bolt, i still want to try one, but if it's true that's really what makes or braks a great gun for me, honestly mags aren't the smoothest shooting guns.
    But they always shoot (as long as you have air). My mags kept chugging along when even my Tippmann went down. My buddy loves his AKA and hates my mech mag, one is no better than the other as far as i am concerned just like the mag better. Opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by sjrtk
    But they always shoot (as long as you have air). My mags kept chugging along when even my Tippmann went down. My buddy loves his AKA and hates my mech mag, one is no better than the other as far as i am concerned just like the mag better. Opinions.
    Oh don't get me wrong, i love mags, and if you look at my past posts they are by far my favorite marker, i was just intrigued when i heard about the excal and how the closed bolt operation with how the weight moved made it shoot smoother, and so i want to try one to see if i like it because it sounds like i would. That being said, i can still admit that mags are not the best guns when it comes to feeling smooth while shooting, they're better than a lot of guns in that respect, but still far from the best.

i guess can the aka switch to mech (very important to me ) i think not ....
    Please explain why. An Emag can shoot over 10k shots on a charged battery. When would you use a complete battery in a weekend, and need the possibility to switch to mech?

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    Please explain why. An Emag can shoot over 10k shots on a charged battery. When would you use a complete battery in a weekend, and need the possibility to switch to mech?

when it is raining... and muddy... and if you like to dive...

Quote Originally Posted by i8pie2day

I know when it's raining and I'm playing, I take the battery off and turn it on mech....

Quote Originally Posted by om3n
    I know when it's raining and I'm playing, I take the battery off and turn it on mech....
    But honestly i'm sure you have a mech mag you could use as a back up, most people here have an extra mag (or so it would seem). Honestly if you've been playing for a while the whole "it can switch to mech" thing sort of loses it's edge, because yeah i could do that, or i could pull out one of my other markers i normally bring. Don't get me wrong, i do like the feature, and it's a good one, but it's no really imperative.

But honestly i'm sure you have a mech mag you could use as a back up, most people here have an extra mag (or so it would seem). Honestly if you've been playing for a while the whole "it can switch to mech" thing sort of loses it's edge, because yeah i could do that, or i could pull out one of my other markers i normally bring. Don't get me wrong, i do like the feature, and it's a good one, but it's no really imperative.
    It can be useful if you are on the field and you forgot to take the battery out... and still wanted to use the emag, but took a nasty fall/dive and buggered up the electronics (or ace if you have it) than you can quickly switch to mech/RT and get it going in seconds

well I just sold(am still selling) my tac-one to buy an x-mag body, so no, I don't have a backup anymore lol

And yeah, I've been playing for a while, and twice last year I played in the rain and took the battery off my mag to play. Still works too.

It can be useful if you are on the field and you forgot to take the battery out... and still wanted to use the emag, but took a nasty fall/dive and buggered up the electronics (or ace if you have it) than you can quickly switch to mech/RT and get it going in seconds
    That is the only situation i can see where it would be advantageous, and i've thought that for a while, but the likelihood of that happening isn't reason enough to say that's why you should get one.

Omen, i'm sure it works great, i'm not questioning that, honestly i want n emag, badly haha, but it's way too pricey for me. However i can understand if it is your only marker, like will be your case, how it would be nice, then again you don't NEED, that xmag body haha.

Anyway, back on topic, it's really up to you what to get, i personally would go for a mech mag especially if you won't be playing that much, if you'll be playing more maybe the emag.

I only have my Emag so the switch in mods it king for me.

But I started with a Mech mag and worked my way up. or get a Mech mag. then do a EP frame you could swap out at the field easy enough (very easy to do this with sleeper EP frame) and you have the same options you just have to walk off field to do it... Not a huge deal to miss part of only ONE round of play.

get a pump mag.

I have played in lite rain with my old xmags, and they never gave problems (It never was switched to M mode). If it rains hard enough that I have to worry about electronics then it probably means that I need to quit playing. The theory of switching is wonderful as is the warp feed. The problem is that they are just not that practical.

To the OP
    Buy a ule body, a ule rail, an xvalve with ult, and a nice frame/foregrip. That is going to be your best AGD setup.