Thread: I crossed over....

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself

I crossed over....

I think even the dark side might give me the hairy eyeball. I picked up an NXT Shocker today. Olive and Black dust with M7, matching freak, stock reg. I had to clean it up just a little bit, put some new grease in it, and it was good to go. Shoots darn nicely, especially considering what I picked it up for....the price is what attracted me, I have yet to have actually used one of these longer than about three weeks. We will see......

Is there a better place than O Ring Monkey to pick up kits?

Quote Originally Posted by punkncat
    I think even the dark side might give me the hairy eyeball. I picked up an NXT Shocker today. Olive and Black dust with M7, matching freak, stock reg. I had to clean it up just a little bit, put some new grease in it, and it was good to go. Shoots darn nicely, especially considering what I picked it up for....the price is what attracted me, I have yet to have actually used one of these longer than about three weeks. We will see......

Is there a better place than O Ring Monkey to pick up kits?

What the hell???!!! You should be ashamed of yourself...Sold your soul to the devil!!!!
    After everything SP has done to everyone and their products are crap, you buy one anyways???!!!!
    lemme know if you wanna sell it after you've come to terms with feeling dirty, owning such a vile piece of equipment
    http://www.chaos-paintball.com
    buy,sell or trade

For shame, that's just wrong. I mean, why even touch something made by the Sows of paintball when you can have Automags?

Hey CATO, guess who has owned a SHOCKER NXT for thee years now..... It will never replace my MAGS, but I use it now and again just for fun.....

you should check out the spring assisted bolt by TechT. http://www.techtpaintball.com/enertiabolt.html

also, for the price NXT's can be picked up... id shoot one as well
    t33kyboy "So if a cat is dropped from 11 inches, it will most likely die."

Red face

I had a Shocker once and it was a piece of junk.
    At least the one I had was.

I currently have an SP1 and I really like it.
    I put an Apex barrel on it and boy is it fun to play with !
    Very simple to maintain and a great little marker.
    You can get them used real inexpensive now too.

I am mag-less right now, waiting on Pro Team and Logic to bring
    me back to mag-dom .

I had a Shocker SFT. Horrible tolerances and you essentially had to make them work right. When they worked though they were dominate at the time. They were finicky.

In the end to make sure I could play a full tournament I had three full set ups (tank, marker, hopper) all identical sitting on stands, plus a back-up. I normally only actually used two to make it through a day. Very seldom anything major, just things that annoyed me.

Yeh, TK - you didn't think of that to increase sales did you. Build a marker that won't make it through the day so your customers have to buy two or three.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback
    Hey CATO, guess who has owned a SHOCKER NXT for thee years now..... It will never replace my MAGS, but I use it now and again just for fun.....
    Just teasing, all in good fun.

I liked the NXT I had for a while. Shot nice, other than having to deal with a bit of bolt stick once in a while. And yeah, for the price they're going for, they're a great pickup.

When mine came in, knowing the spool setup is o-ring dependant, I went right to Markerkits.com and got a 10-pack. On principle, I switched out all the o-rings so I'd know they were all fresh. Worked great, and they shipped quickly. Ring kit came in a nice little box to keep everything sorted.
    Ben Kohnen, Limited Pump Paintball
    www.geocities.com/limitedpump

This thread makes me think of the Poltergeist movie; "Cross over children, cross over... go into the light...."

Anywho.... I my Hybrid SFT showed up Saturday Unlike the last one that I owned which was brand new and did not work, this one is well worn in and shoots really nice. Getting rid of the stock board and bolt appears to be the first step towards being a happy shocker owner.

Replace the stock inline reg and you'll be much happier. I have never known SP inline regs to be very consistent, unless you just serviced it. Even then it won't stay that way very long.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    The newly designed "Ion" reg actually seems to work quite nicely. It was actually the best reg for the loe pressure I am running "my" Ion on, and this one seems to be pretty consistant as well, four of five shots were within 3FPS of each other.
    I have found that tech salve does not work well, the marker seems to like the suggested Dow33 the best, so far. I haven't shot it a lot, but it will be fun for a minute.

The only SP marker I owned was a shoebox shocker, back in 2005. It was my first ep marker (thrid marker after two spyders). Though heavy...and the fact that it would have one shot drop about every 10 shots, it worked great. It was kind of fun. Makes me want to get an old angel or trix...but my mag projects come first!

had a shocker 03 sft with 15 degree forgrip adapter and a freeflow 90 degree frame i traded it for my old emag then that for m,y tacone now i have 2 more emags LOL the sft never gave me issues and i had it for 2 years .... good gun for the trades i used to get it and i got rid of it before the nxt came out which i didnt like the feel of but devil or not it was a sound marker .... ill stick to the ones that dont drop in value and for good reason ...